Help With Necromancy

necromancy

13 replies to this topic

#1 Bbiceman

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

I was wondering if anyone could show me some good books to read on necromancy for someone with no experience, also any tips/advice is welcome.

#2 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

How are you defining necromancy? The term is used for somewhat differing things...
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#3 Bbiceman

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

View Postvoidgazing, on 15 July 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

How are you defining necromancy? The term is used for somewhat differing things...

I was thinking being able to speak to the dead in a safe way not requiring a corpse. I just want to start learning about something "magical" and necromancy sounded like the most interesting to me.

#4 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

You could start with a little Occult Corpus Necromancy...

Good Books and Websites on Necromancy

Necromancy

How To: Necromancy?

#5 Bbiceman

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

Is there anyway i can get some free e-books or do I need to purchase a copy because I'm a bit skeptical of buying anything.

#6 MizuRyuu

Dragonkin

• Old Timers
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

If I were you, I'd start on just contacting some of your dead family members or ancient ancestors. For deceased immediate family, I'd use their full name, a photo, and an offering of something that they really loved, like coffee, a sweet treat, a flower, a leaf from their favorite type of tree, a piece of hair/fur from a favorite animal (not taken by force though, only take what falls off), something like that. A few white candles and an incantion to call to them.

Ancient ancestors get tricky because they can vary from race to race and you weren't around when they were so you might not know what they like or what to leave as an offereing to them. For your ancestors I'd call to them and ask them to show you how to contact them, what types of offerings to leave them that they will like, ect.

#7 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

always be less skeptical of buying than pirating.

I know of several books which have edits or deletions in them, which you can only tell exist if you have the book off the shelf.

#8 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

View PostBbiceman, on 15 July 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

Is there anyway i can get some free e-books or do I need to purchase a copy because I'm a bit skeptical of buying anything.
There are ways to get free e-books and you're probably as capable as anyone else here to do a Google search to find them. I do recommend actually buying physical books though and I also recommend spending a lot of money on them. The more money you invest in them the more selective you will be for quality and the more likely you will be to put to use what you've invested in instead of being lazy about it.

#9 ArcaneAdept

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:34 AM

What you need is a Medium. Mediums are more numerous than Necromancers, though those of quality are expensive and not readily available.

#10 Gandridur

• Old Timers
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostBbiceman, on 15 July 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

I was wondering if anyone could show me some good books to read on necromancy for someone with no experience, also any tips/advice is welcome.
Necromantic Sorcery by Dante Abiel.
My magic memory stretches back eons. My everyday memory no longer than the nose.

#11 Gandridur

• Old Timers
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

View PostBbiceman, on 15 July 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

I was thinking being able to speak to the dead in a safe way not requiring a corpse. I just want to start learning about something "magical" and necromancy sounded like the most interesting to me.
You do not need a corpse to work necromantic. If you are newbeginner to magic start with the regular stuff before even thinking of necromancy.
My magic memory stretches back eons. My everyday memory no longer than the nose.

#12 Gandridur

• Old Timers
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostArcaneAdept, on 19 July 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:

What you need is a Medium. Mediums are more numerous than Necromancers, though those of quality are expensive and not readily available.
The problem with mediums is that they are passive and accept and believe everything they hear or see. And many mediums are scams.

#13 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

That's a pretty broad and sweeping generalization and one that I have not found to be based in fact.

There are many people that have mediumistic abilities.

It sounds as if the OP wants to speak with the Dead. You don't need Necromancy for that.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#14 MizuRyuu

Dragonkin

• Old Timers
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

I agree with RoseRed.

Even though speaking to the dead seems to be considered a form of necromancy, it really depends on how you look at it I guess. But you don't need all that fancy stuff. You just need to know how to communicate with the spirits around you.

The only dead people I've ever worked with was family/ancestors. Other than that, I leave the dead to their own fates.

Now if you were looking more into summoning the dead or your family/ancestors, that's a whole different story and a lot more complex. But I don't know if that's what you're looking to do.

Edited by MizuRyuu, 05 August 2014 - 07:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users