Momentum

6 replies to this topic

#1 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

Look out world, for I sleep again! Usually they say the sleeper awakens, but in this case the waker asleepens. Tried a different brand of earplugs that are more comfortable, and finally I can sleep and actually remember my dreams! The good kind too, the crazy obsessive practice dreams!

First night of dreaming I was testing my archetypal structures, probably because Eugene's douchebaggery had me doubting myself. These structures had main branches, and I was able to turn on and off which branches were active, completely changing their function.

Last night was odd, I was doing this thing where I entered into dreams from awake in seconds. I kept waking up and doing it all night. I wasn't sure how to qualify what I was doing of how I was doing it until tonight's dreams, where I noticed the Momentum of Attention!

A new attention trick!!! Attention seems to have a momentum that can pack a punch or trip you up. I noticed this momentum in regards to the scaling of thought. Say a linear thought trail on the same scale, but then suddenly change scale, that creates a sort of road bump. Like if we were talking about baking bread, then someone shifted the scale of conversation to the effect and life cycle of yeast, it doesn't really fit and you kind of stumble over that transition, losing your MOMENTUM.

If losing momentum is something that should be avoided, then perhaps it's possible to gain momentum or acceleration? I went to a Rosicrucian open house this week where we did a group meditation thing where we were guided outwards and upwards, scaling up from earth, into space and into infinitiy. Now that I think about it, that sequential scaling outwards had that feeling of momentum and acceleration.

Don't really have time to go into too much detail, need to get work, this is just so I won't forget these thoughts rattling around my head this morning. Excited to have a new trick to explore.
“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#2 z0b

• Old Timers
  • 976 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

Yes momentum exist cause you believe it to so does instant travel. I learned many years ago that if I was attacked in a dream or just had a nightmare from which I was woken up I could then go right back to that point in time and space and change the outcome the same can be applied astral travel and some what to the waking world.What I mean by somewhat is I have heard accounts of it and it can be a dangerous thing to learn you could end up literally anywhere which is what happens to the few people this has happened to.I did it one time with witnesses which freaked them out so I have been working to do it again for years now.

#3 R. Eugene Laughlin

Board Member

• Moderators
  • 3,494 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostTheCusp, on 22 May 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

First night of dreaming I was testing my archetypal structures, probably because Eugene's douchebaggery had me doubting myself.

Glad to be of service. I strongly suggest that you own your feelings of doubt and seek their source within though. I didn't cause them.
Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
http://neuromagick.com/
https://www.etsy.com...CraftsEngraving

#4 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

Now, let's see if I can clarify this stuff a little. Night before last, the way I was falling asleep was intense. Instead of a gradual transition into sleep, it was a lot like a bird dive bombing into water at high speed to catch a fish. Almost a feeling of penetration (with weight and momentum), rather than, well rather than normal. There was a punch to my attention, on oomph that I'm just not used to throwing around.

When I notice stuff like that, I go a little obsessive compulsive, and focus on it so much it the only thing I dream about all night. I test these things thoroughly.

Last night I seemed to be exploring various scenarios that increased or decreased that momentum. The specifics elude me, but I did retain on overall sense that scale was one of the main components responsible. A continual increase or decrease in scale (as long as it's the same direction) seems to produce that momentum. Can't wait to incorporate this into some rituals. Scale to the desired level then veer off like a roller coaster to the final focal point I want to manifest.

I've described the structure of nightmares before, the vicious cycle of danger catching attention, making it stronger, demanding more attention. Seems appropriate to say nightmare scenarios have that sort of momentum too.

Edited by TheCusp, 22 May 2014 - 09:07 PM.

“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#5 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

This is a copy and paste from elsewhere. Just updating this thread since I've finally found a way to put this momentum to use.

The Momentum of Attention.

Dream control is all about focused attention. Recently I've discovered a new quality of attention which I've been experimenting with. That is tying your attention to momentum. This morning I used this to go from the most bare bones visualization to something I could walk around in, all in about 15 seconds. Sure, it was unstable as hell and I woke up, but I think there is serious potential in using Momentum.

Those of you who have logged decent amount of lucid flight time will probably be familiar with with what I'm describing and doing it instinctively. Sometimes when your flying and you need to pick up speed by dropping down and then pulling up out of that fall, and really feel that G-force. It gives you a boost of speed and control in your flight.

Previously, my advice for dream stabilization has always been brisk movement. Brisk movement has a hell of a lot of momentum behind it.

I'm still working on this, so let's call the following an experimental method, which will hopefully provide speedy WILDing, and even more importantly, the ability to fall asleep almost instantly!

1. Start visualizing until you can see anything at all, it doesn't matter how primitive or unstable it is, anything will do

2. With that simple visual as your focal point, begin swooshing on on that point with your attention. Zoom, rush, fly, run at or by it, circle it, just fling your attention around. This will cause your primitive visual to expand exponentially.

3.Before very long, your primitive focal point will have expanded to the point it's not just an isolated thing, there is now a primitive environment encompassing it. The moment this happens, whatever direction you happen to be facing, just TAKE OFF LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER! Think mental parkour without a body slowing you down.
Focus primarily on the sense of movement, and do not interrupt it at any cost. The primitive dream scape will continue to evolve exponentially, and before very long, that tiny initial visual seed will have grown an environment large enough to hold a dream body!

4. Begin to make physical contact with the environment, while still maintaining your path of movement, the vehicle for your momentum. Start small, Put out a foot and quickly bounce off, slowly increasing the frequency of contact like a rock skipping across the water, until you are running.

5. You're almost there! Don't stop running until you feel the dream is stable. I stopped too soon today, and the ground was so soft I couldn't push off it. You can see how that's a problem for someone who relies on brisk movement for stabilization.

On my next attempt, I'm not going to stop running until I have something in my hands I've picked up along the way. Something with some heft I can swing around that has... You guessed it. MOMENTUM!

Edited by TheCusp, 27 September 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#6 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:55 AM

Revision of step 1 in that technique.

For your initial visualization, try using something that spins.

#7 Galuruthaz

• Old Timers
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:21 PM

Ha! Lovely synchronicity!

I've had a dream last night during which I was "instructed"(I don't know by whom) to use or create some sort of device. The device presented to me in a dream was something like pendulum tied to a big stone and I was supposed to grab the stone and swing the rope with pendulum(in a shape of a small black and heavy pyramide) in circles as fast as I can. Like one would swing a lasso or something. I had a lucid dream after that but I didn't remember the tip and when I wake up I couldn't figure what that sort of device could be used for, though I did have a feeling that it wasn't a usual dream. I only had an idea that it has something to do with raising energy.

Now I know. I have to try using it in a dream next time I get lucid! :lol:
My blog about the Runes:
http://featherintoxi...d.wordpress.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users