- - - - -

Iron & Steel: Why Does It Damage Ghosts & Spirits?

Necromancy Iron Ghosts Spirits The Dead Weapons

29 replies to this topic

#21 PheonixAlpha

• Old Timers
  • 387 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

View PostKuroyagi, on 10 May 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Phoenix: the link is earth element and the fact that they are both said to hurt and or banish spirits, so I only compared those two substances.

My bad, I misread your post.

I always had the feeling iron is its own element or rather can't be placed within the others.

Today I was reminded of a use for iron. That is to block the land energies. Its used in curses of farm land. If you can find where the land energies flow into the farm and drive an iron spike at that spot just as the sun dips behind the horizon it pins down and blocks the energies causing all sorts of trouble on the farm.

Edited by PheonixAlpha, 17 May 2014 - 08:31 PM.

There is no such thing as ugliness there are only prejudiced eyes.

It is the wise person who looks not only from the height as an eagle or from the depths as a fish but from the view of an ant or an elephant and everything in between, but an even wiser person remembers there own perspective must not be ignored less you miss the beauty that is within you or perhaps that tiger creeping up from behind.

#22 Orlando

• Old Timers
  • 461 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK.

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

Here is an interesting blog, Mugami, which covers some of the points that have been raised.

http://bryanashen.bl...ne-of-evil.html

#23 Brennan

Initiate

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:54 AM

I do not believe the spirit world is solid like ours is; if you see a tree here, it will be here tomorrow and the day after until something or someone forcibly moves or kills it. It does not appear to me that the spirit world works in the same way. It seems that the environment, for lack of better word, is in a state of constant and perpetual motion.

Speculatively, I would it's because they (iron & steel) don't 'flow'.

#24 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

I have found some things to be stationary in the Spirit World.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#25 Brennan

Initiate

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

That's interesting.. like what?

#26 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

Not the Spirits themselves but there are landmarks.

#27 Brennan

Initiate

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:06 AM

Not saying these are said landmarks, but I had suspected that stones would flow less than living things would. I figure, for flow, livings things are the leaast stationary/most flow; trees may be there one day and not there the next even if it remains a forest. Stones/Minerals have less flow than living things, ( I suppose 'living' is a strange choice of word for the inhabitants of the apirit world, huh?) while. massive things like oceans/mountains are pretty stationary, perhaps depending on age.. does that sound right or am I way off?

I don't actually go to the spirit world often at all, and not because I decide to, but I am able to see into it. I've spent a lot of time with my eyes purposefully closed cause damn that shit can be scary, but a while ago I thought to myself, 'Y'know dude, for as blurry as things are, you very well may be freaking out because of nothing more than a passing tree'. It was a pretty embarassing realization, but one I'm willing to bet is true and probably hilarious for any observers.

#28 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:10 AM

I think most people need to figure out for themselves that not everything out there should scare you. If you don't take a look how do you know if it's something that you should pay attention to or not?

I have some rocks that are pretty damned portable. Mountains - it takes something huge for them to come tumbling down or a REALLY long time for them to move on their own.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the word 'flow'.

#29 Brennan

Initiate

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

It's the easiest word I could find. What I mean by flow is hat.. hmm...

So, I perceive ( What I can see of it) the spirit world as being almost fluid. There is a constant and perpetual motion to it.. Maybe the world Im looking at isn't the same one people go to, but when I look at it and reach out and feel it, it seems so vibrant. Motion.

So, in this world of motion, I suspect there are currents. I suspect there is a constant motion as it reaches and moves toward balance and equilibrium. And, things 'flow' with the currents. I've stood still and watched it move around/through me.

I suggest that iron and steel don't have that flow because when I look at them, it's just iron. They don't seem to have that radiant movement to them.

#30 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

They do. You're looking at it with the wrong eyes. I have an affinity with iron.

I think every realm and world (including this one) has that flow. You just need to see the energy currents all around you. We're constantly surrounded by wind and water and people moving and going and doing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users