* - - - - 1 votes

Doctor Ct's Thesis On Demons And A Question To Fellow Black Magi?

4 replies to this topic

#1 ChaosTech

Venerable Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Demons or bad spirits exist among every culture around the globe. They are always described as having superhuman powers and appearances. Where as the gods, devas, and angels, have heavenly appearances, as they represent the positive forms in nature, demons are always creatures of solitude, night, predatory, poisonous, and sometimes small but usually big composite beings of predatory and poisonous animals, plants and forces of nature. Naturally we as humans live somewhere in the prime material plane somewhere between heaven and the abyssal underworld. So naturally gods would represent super forms of the positive and beautiful side of nature, and demons the ugly, harsh and negative. Both are more than human, as both exist near pure polarities, where energy is intense where as on earth light and dark are diluted by intermixing. Still, given the proper hierarchy of things, we are demons superiors. This is why we can use magic on them and destroy or send them back to where they belong. I personally am studying demons as I believe as servants and business partners, certainly not as much as fiends, they can bring a Magus great physical success and teach easier ways to have dominion over natural forces like fire, electricity, gravity, etc. What is a good book on beginning evocation with demons?

For nearly 20 years I meditated on and studied that which has no name, but is absolute, infinite, beyond both small and large. Finally one day I realized the limits of my sentient consciousness. It has all power over whether we are it or dual. There is no choice of the nondual, for choice is dual. Just be, live, do what you will, with love and wisdom. As Hermes said, in a time yet unborn, all shall be one, and one shall be all. True enlightenment has nothing to do with attainment. It's an inner peace, that there is nothing to be done, I call it surrender to the Spirit.

#2 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Probably something by Koetting
http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/
“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#3 z0b

• Old Timers
  • 976 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

The Term Demon is a catch all term for a being that is generally unfriendly towards humans that have encountered it's kind.
Most so called demons are just human spirits that were not very nice people when they were alive every now and then these spirits are used by a inhuman being to gain a stronger foothold on our plain of existence it's kind like a form of siege warfare. Encounters with powerful inhuman beings that are called demons by the ignorant masses are pretty rare which is good for us.Think when is the last time you have ever heard of a case of walls bleeding pus?
Or small towns disappearing the dead rising etc.These types of events are for now very rare and I will tell you that if such a event happened the being in question would be small for its kind breaches in what we would call dimensional spaces are rare and there are many beings that stop this sort of things from happening. All of the known gates on earth are guarded heavily by a race at this time if you tried to mess with one such gate you would not live long.So aside from small encounters and deals with inhuman beings which in most cases end bad for the person and later makes for a good book or story generally is not much of a problem.I will also say that a percentage of people that go missing or come to a untimely death a year are from small encounters with inhuman beings but as I said this is pretty dam rare unless the fool goes looking for them.

#4 Mugami

• Old Timers
  • 810 posts
  • LocationBlairsville, Pa, USA

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:14 AM

Setting aside the "magic" aspect, you do know that nearly every named demon was, in fact, originally a "good-natured" god?

Set is still not a "cruel" god and still represents the summer sun which burns and dries up crops.

Azazel is the city, Larsa, as a LAWGIVER and a patron of judges, JUSTICE, and contracts.

Samyaza was UTU/Samesh, who brought down the "divine laws" which became Hammrabi's Code.
He was a sun god, a god of agriculture, and a god of animal husbandry, particularly horses.

The titans were the gods that were replaced by another religion's paragons, The greek gods.

Baal was the patron god of fucking Carthage. The Romans were the first to demonize him!

I mean, what the hell?! Really? Do you not study ANY history or religion?

And the lamia were NOT solitary, nor the titans, nor the giants of norse myth, nor most bakemono, etc., etc., etc.,.
There is a long fucking list, bud. Do your research. Otherwise you look like an idiot.

I'm not being mean either. This is me nice. I'm saying get your facts straight.
Or, at the very least, don't make guesses without any knowledge on the subject.

And this notion of demons being any different than any other local gods ("local" to a religion or area) is pure bullshit.
That's armchair propaganda. They work the same and you can Work them the same. Ask any chaote whose done alot of Summonings.

My personal experience:
Those "goodly gods" are just as strong or weak as their "demonic" counterparts. And plainly put, I have seen Shades more powerful than most gods. Hell, Raphael is the same strength as me (WITHOUT ME DRAWING) and Azazel is slightly more. Plus all the other ones I've met or seen in passing while I was busy doing other shit in The Deadlands...

The notion of a superiority of Good over Evil is purely a human invention that does not apply in practice.

In so far as spirits and summoning, just get a Fetch and have them research for you and do the finding. So much easier.
Or, again, ask some chaotes for advice.

Along The Path of our lives we may believe we have choices. It is only at the end of The Path, looking back, may we then realize, that of our choices, we had none. And know then, that Everything was Fate.

:ninja: :huh: 地火風水死無気道 :squee: :ninja:

#5 Mugami

• Old Timers
  • 810 posts
  • LocationBlairsville, Pa, USA

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:22 AM

And learn how to actively Ward.

Crown of Fire is a good start for severely damaging active Warding.

Deathshroud is good for The Dead.

I don't know any good ones against Fire. I'm a Leo. I don't need them.

Along The Path of our lives we may believe we have choices. It is only at the end of The Path, looking back, may we then realize, that of our choices, we had none. And know then, that Everything was Fate.

:ninja: :huh: 地火風水死無気道 :squee: :ninja:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users