A Tether To The Soul

Soul Black Magic Darkness Crystal Diamond

9 replies to this topic

#1 Tenebrae

• Old Timers
  • 446 posts
  • LocationI roam...

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:06 AM

While my memory isn't the best facet of my mind, I believe that I once touched upon the subject of tethering a soul to a physical object...some sort of elegant construct that one could use within their spell workings. Initially, this concept focused around blood sealed within the vessels themselves, which would be composed of various materials like jet, quartz, all those fun things. Basically, I was thinking along the lines of a Jet or black jadeite sphere with some sort of chamber rimmed in oxidized silver that could be sealed with a quartz windowed stopper...and the blood would be deposited within this chamber. With a few sigils, this would serve as a tether to the individual who's blood resided within the object and allow the individual possessing such to use it as a sort of battery within their spell working.

Recently, technology makes things all the more interesting when it comes to this concept...

http://www.lifegem.com/

The ability to form diamonds out of an individual's remains, or even their hair, has such delicious promise when thinking along these lines. Be this through more controversial forms of obtaining the genetic material or consensual permission from one who's been enthralled...I do like the idea of taking someone and converting them into a gemstone that could then be incorporated into the previous concept.

Sounds like quite the powerful little battery indeed, no? I think I'm going to start collecting some hair of those I hold "dear"...this may, one day, be something I'd like to delve into when taking all that into consideration. The blood and crystallized essence of another merged into a single physical representation of your possession...truly an artistic and beautiful concept.

Posted Image

Artwork by: http://kate.strolen.com

"What wondrously wicked webs we weave..." -Tenebrae

#2 ChaosTech

All Religions' Wheel

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts
  • LocationThe end of Time

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

Can I have the lifegem of the great archmagus Tenebrae? :D
Posted Image

For nearly 20 years I meditated on and studied that which has no name, but is absolute, infinite, beyond both small and large. Finally one day I realized the limits of my sentient consciousness. It has all power over whether we are it or dual. There is no choice of the nondual, for choice is dual. Just be, live, do what you will, with love and wisdom. As Hermes said, in a time yet unborn, all shall be one, and one shall be all. True enlightenment has nothing to do with attainment. It's an inner peace, that there is nothing to be done, I call it surrender to the Spirit.

#3 Tenebrae

• Old Timers
  • 446 posts
  • LocationI roam...

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostChaosTech, on 30 March 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

Can I have the lifegem of the great archmagus Tenebrae? :D

Thus far, there's only one individual who I would convert my carbon for...and she lives a considerable distance away and I'd want her carbon in exchange. :P

Posted Image

#4 z0b

• Old Timers
  • 976 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

Yes not unlike a spirit jar just let you no you can do the same thing while the subject is still alive 9 time out of ten they won't even notice.

#5 Tenebrae

• Old Timers
  • 446 posts
  • LocationI roam...

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

View Postz0b, on 30 March 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

Yes not unlike a spirit jar just let you no you can do the same thing while the subject is still alive 9 time out of ten they won't even notice.

It's far more enticing for me when they do know...because it means that they have given themselves while fully knowing my intent to possess them. You could do this without consent, without having enthralled and captivated the individual, but I expect the results wouldn't be nearly as delicious.

Posted Image

#6 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

I think the potential for splitting the soul (yours or others) into shards (singular or plural) is very high with this type of practice.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#7 Tenebrae

• Old Timers
  • 446 posts
  • LocationI roam...

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:41 PM

View PostRoseRed, on 30 March 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

I think the potential for splitting the soul (yours or others) into shards (singular or plural) is very high with this type of practice.

Lots of promise, that's for sure.

Posted Image

#8 Mugami

• Old Timers
  • 810 posts
  • LocationBlairsville, Pa, USA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:17 AM

Ten is not the type to be concerned. He may be a little too Billy Bob Thorton that way.

My thought though, Ten, is "why bother?"

It seems a waste of time and considerable energy, not to mention expense, for so little return. It seems a flawed business plan to me.

There are things far easier to dominate.

Along The Path of our lives we may believe we have choices. It is only at the end of The Path, looking back, may we then realize, that of our choices, we had none. And know then, that Everything was Fate.

:ninja: :huh: 地火風水死無気道 :squee: :ninja:

#9 Tenebrae

• Old Timers
  • 446 posts
  • LocationI roam...

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:31 AM

View PostMugami, on 31 March 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

Ten is not the type to be concerned. He may be a little too Billy Bob Thorton that way.

My thought though, Ten, is "why bother?"

It seems a waste of time and considerable energy, not to mention expense, for so little return. It seems a flawed business plan to me.

There are things far easier to dominate.

I've never seen any creative endeavor as a waste of time, though this would be quite costly indeed. With that said, simply for the enjoyment of the act; there's always easier things to dominate, but not often are these as much fun. Ultimately, this wouldn't be something I could delve into unless I had procured a rather lucrative income.

Edited by Tenebrae, 31 March 2014 - 12:39 AM.

Posted Image

#10 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Good to know.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users