Put Some English On It

8 replies to this topic

#1 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

My dreams revealed a neat little trick last night, which was using spin.

a ) either a spinning object draws more attention
b ) or spinning objects amplify the attention they are getting

Anyways, I was using a singular focal point to influence the dream, and at some point it began spinning like a top. It's influence as a focal point was much greater while it was spinning.

Not sure exactly what I'll use this for yet, but I have no doubt it will come in handy somewhere down the road.

Edited by TheCusp, 03 December 2013 - 11:57 AM.

“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#2 z0b

• Old Timers
  • 976 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

Well moving objects are noticed before you see them I am guessing the mind does the same thing on moving objects in your mind .As for uses one it means you have gained more control over your own mind.Other uses lol I am not telling

#3 amitabhisgood

• Old Timers
  • 150 posts
  • LocationBengaluru, India

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

While reading the post, I sensed this spinning top can be used to enter an altered state of mind. In my perspective, the processes of rituals seem to typically require entering an altered state of mind before programming.
Plain Vanilla dude

#4 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

Add some sparkles to it and you'll really get someone's attention.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#5 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

z0b you tease.

Funny thing is I was thinking about centrifuges before bed, and that's what I get

View Postamitabhisgood, on 03 December 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

While reading the post, I sensed this spinning top can be used to enter an altered state of mind. In my perspective, the processes of rituals seem to typically require entering an altered state of mind before programming.

Now that you mention it, can see some parallels there. I can certainly see how the spin could pull you in.

But I could sort of see the associative bonds which made up the archetype I was using. Been seeing those a lot lately, like grainy bonds of light. The spin made them... longer? Flung them out further? It was only half visual, so kinda hard to make sense of what was going on.

View PostRoseRed, on 03 December 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Add some sparkles to it and you'll really get someone's attention.

I don't think that's the kind of attention I want to be drawing.
“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#6 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

I didn't mean in your own dreams.

Besides... what's wrong with sparkles?

#7 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

Sparkly vampires for one.

#8 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

You got a point - there's just so much wrong with those LOL

Sparkles are cool! and totally distracting.

#9 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:19 PM

Just noticed this thread! Ha!

So it turns out it wasn't the spin, it was the momentum produced by the spin!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users