- - - - -

An Expose On A Fake Medium

10 replies to this topic

#1 WorldWoman

• Old Timers
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

http://badpsychics.b...y-revealed.html

I am talking about none other than Derek Acorah who was a 'face' in the British Tv show called Most Haunted, and he was outed by an anagram of Kreed Kafir who was created by some of the skeptics in the show. I hate frauds like him and what got me whilst I was watching a Most Haunted episode in Holland was that he was totally silent instead of doing his usual acting, I reckon he was silent because he did not know Dutch, but my other half says that he just goes on the Internet to research the place before he goes on the show, I believe him.

#2 SuccubusSherry

Enthusiastic Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:32 AM

Derek Acorah is often featured in cheap glossy UK psychic magazines that are spin-offs from other magazines. I used to read them for relaxation, especially on train journeys, but unfortunately they became more and more lurid and sensationalist to the extent I gave up reading them. There can't be that many very lurid incidents happening every week, and if there are not it doesn't say much for their psychics either.

There was a girl featured once in an article who I knew personally and she is genuinely psychic. She likes to give predictive readings to her friends, and some of it comes true. The article was about her second marriage- by the time she remarried I had lost touch with her. Apparently she foresaw that her husband would leave her for someone else and even recognised the woman when they first met her. Since that time the articles have become so vividly horrific that I doubt they are true any more.
See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

#3 WorldWoman

• Old Timers
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

Succubus, I know where you are coming from and I too have read those magazines, BUT alot can be learned from it and one of the things is human nature and the way magazines will want to attract extra business etc. As for Acorah, after his Kreed Kafir stunt, I am still surprised that he is working on the TV and having lots of followers behind him. Most Haunted was entertaining with Acorah because I loved the way he acted as the deceased by putting on funny voices, etc but he is an out and out fraud and there is no doubt about that!

#4 SuccubusSherry

Enthusiastic Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

It's a pity there is that side to the occult because it must put some people off . Psychic activities are not quite the same as magical, there is a blurry overlap. I think anyone who has psychic gifts should start with the Spiritualist church because it is foremost a religion and there is very little use of mediumship for money: usually only a bit of fundraising at an open day or something silmilar. There are a few other non-commercial psychic organisations too. The College of Psychic Studies used to be one in England, though I don't know what they are doing these days. If you train with people who are not doing it for money then you will get a proper training.

Edited by SuccubusSherry, 12 November 2013 - 05:56 PM.

See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

#5 WorldWoman

• Old Timers
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

Derek Acorah in my books is an Actor and he should be carrying a RADA card instead of those alleged titles which has been bestowed by his PR. He is like Slyvia Brown and many others like that lady who claimed to be Princess Diana's psychic, etc. If she were so great why did she not warn Diana of the perils etc.
Spiritualist Churchs seem OK but I will awaken ALL my chakras and do a medidation programme of some sort to have mediumistic qualities.

#6 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

The ones I know with this gift sometimes find it does not work. It not working is bad for TV. So I can certainly see it being hyped up by producers, especially on a bad day.

Personally I found the article equally faked... The guy was emailed VHS tapes! Or maybe that was just hype to entertain the reader ;)

#7 WorldWoman

• Old Timers
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

I understand Qyrz but really the most famous ones are the ones that I am wary about, but the lady who claims to be Princess Diana's personal psychic/medium is Sally Morgan who is another career psychic, and she has been known to have plants in the audience feeding her info via small microphones etc.
Oh has anyone heard of the James Randi experiement, where he will give a large amount of money to anyone who proves him wrong?

#8 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

James Randi is dead, they never actually had a million dollars to give, JREF been caught faking results when they actually do uncover things that support the paranormal, and just everything about that challenge is wrong in so many ways.
“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#9 WorldWoman

• Old Timers
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Thanks for clarifying this to me, but that organisation called The Randi Foundation are just a bunch of skeptics who are very similar to the Clergy during the WitchHunt times.

#10 SuccubusSherry

Enthusiastic Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostWorldWoman, on 12 November 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Spiritualist Churchs seem OK but I will awaken ALL my chakras and do a medidation programme of some sort to have mediumistic qualities.

The Spiritualist church does include the chakras and meditation in their training these days. Like so many other movements thay have been influenced by the other ideas all around them and have benefited by sharing them.

At one time I used to go there quite frequently, and what actually put me off was too much accuracy ! As in, the medium will talk about your private circumstances in front of a room full of people. If they think it is too personal or as in my case if it pertains too much to the occult they do what they call 'wrapping it up' and that is even worse. You sit there listening to the deliberately obscure wording and you are absolutely sure that eighty percent of the congregation know what the message means- and the others think that because the medium didn't say it right out it must be scandalous. This is the other side of it from faking, the world of real psychics which has issues all of its own.

#11 violetstar

Destroying Angel

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:20 PM

Sadly the whole'Medium' thing is a multi-million dollar scam worldwide.

I speak from experience as I was once part of the industry.Yes,it is an industry.

The companies I worked for provide 'Psychic/Mediumship' readings by phone and to become a 'Reader' you need no spiritual gift but you need to sound confident in what you are saying.As calls are charged at x amount per minute or fixed rate for credit cards the asset the companies look for is your ability to keep the client on the phone as long as you can.This will benefit you as you get a percentage of the total revenue generated from each call.

Salaries for experienced Readers are attractive and this has drawn many 'Platform Mediums';from Spiritualist Churches away from the more meagre donations into more lucrative realms.Tarot readings are easiest as you just read from a script.Each caller gets virtually the same reading adapted to fit.

Readers use the 'Shotgunning' technique and Barnum Effect of Subjective validation and the client will make what you say fit.This is because they want what you tell them to be true because you have already learnt to tell them exactly what they want to hear.

In the USA and Britain,scores of new 'Gifted Psychic Mediums' appear each week.Has there been an upsurge in spiritual development?Of course not.Just like me(and my friends)at the time,for Gifted read 'Strapped for cash'.

This will not stop the 'Believers' phoning or attending the 'Spiritual Church' but its a reality check on something people deem Spiritual but is in fact a universal Materiality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users