- - - - -

Anchors

4 replies to this topic

#1 OmniNull

• Old Timers
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

I had a dream where I lost a ring given to me as a child and when I asked the people around me if they have seen it, they replied by offering cheap copies. Then subconsoiusly, I remembered, "Wait a minute, it's in the guest bedroom"

That "recall" made me realize I was dreaming and woke me up.

How can I use various objects as a way to reprogram my subconscious (and dreams) via arranging before I go to sleep?

For example, meditate on an object for courage before sleeping? Any ideas?

#2 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Meditate on an object? If you want to use objects, use them as objects. If you want to meditate on something, choose a deity of some sort, as they tend to be a little more precise.

In Castaneda's book, it was recommended that he wear a ring that is a little bit too tight for his dreaming work. That slight uncomfortableness will draw your attention there like a beacon, which will carry over to the dream world. You ask yourself why your finger feels weird, then "Oh yeah! because I'm wearing that ring on my waking body!:"

Wearing an uncomfortably tight ring creates an anchor point to the waking world. Doesn't have to be a ring, you can get creative. A jalepeno pepper up the ass would probably do the trick.

If you're not going to be making physical contact with an object, then it's best to crank up the novelty factor of the objects you use. It's gotta be something that draws your attention like a magnet. Novel objects like those I might place under my pillow. For instance, a live rattlesnake, safely in a bag, underneath your pillow will create an inseparable bond of attention between you and that snake without physical contact, at least while the proximity lasts..

Edited by TheCusp, 17 September 2013 - 06:56 PM.

“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#3 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

A jalepeno pepper up the ass would probably do the trick.

And do you know this from experience? My image of you is altered forever.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#4 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostRoseRed, on 18 September 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

And do you know this from experience? My image of you is altered forever.

Like I said, novelty captures attention. That was a novel example. My preaching is my practice. :)

Edited by TheCusp, 18 September 2013 - 03:21 AM.

“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#5 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Sometimes, you just crack me up. Anyways, I think we've hijacked this long enough.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users