- - - - -

A Black Chicken Foot On The Sidewalk, A Santeria Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 Curious Cat

Nanwu

• Owner
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

I live in an area with a fair amount of Santeria practitioners. This week I was taking my son for a walk around the neighborhood when a few blocks from our home, I rolled his stroller over a black chicken foot on the sidewalk. The chicken foot appeared to be fresh and not dried. Obviously it wasn't intended for us, but I still went over it. I did my usual anti-curse practice afterwards just to be safe.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of spell this may have been? There was no string around the single foot. From the research I have done on chicken feet, my guess is that it was something offensive.

#2 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

I think it more likely someone had a hole in their grocery bag. Fresh black chicken feet are a staple of asian grocery stores. Although fresh is a relative term when it comes to chicken feet.

Edited by TheCusp, 25 August 2013 - 06:26 AM.

“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#3 meaculpa

• Old Timers
  • 411 posts
  • LocationMetro Detroit

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Chicken feet are usually used to scratch out any tricks thrown at the person. Its not for throwing.

The case might be as Cusp said...or it can be fallen out of a bag after eating a whole chicken and taking the feet and whatever else to the garbage.
Spiritual goods:
https://www.facebook.com/AncestralWitch https://www.etsy.com...tch?ref=si_shop
Your home for handmade creams, perfumes, soaps and more:
https://www.facebook...roCreamsPerfume

#4 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

More details? Was it in front of someone's house? Pointed at it maybe? Under a tree? I dunno about Santeria, but I often tie things to trees (and I am not very good with knots, lol).

Are there regular joggers or walkers along that path? If it was intended for one of them you should likely be fine, as they are where the intent is focused.

There is always a fair chance it was accidentally dropped...

#5 Curious Cat

Nanwu

• Owner
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

It was in the middle of the side walk in front of someone's house and it was not tied to anything. It was sitting all by itself. People walk there all the time and it would have been in someone's path. The people who live there are not Asian either, so I highly doubt it was someone's dropped food.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users