- - - - -

Mods To The Rescue

13 replies to this topic

#1 thebard

• Old Timers
  • 535 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

thanks once again OC mods for locking a thread. this type of nazi-control behavior is the prime reason interesting minds don't frequent this forum as often as they could. what a joke, a thread you might not like, but does it hurt any other thread? was it not sparking an oft ignored subject?

oh lemme guess, it was detracting from all the "how do i curse someone" threads and "ooh, i fucked belial in a dream and creamed my boxers" threads.

yeah. screw this forum.

#2 Son of the Wave

Killer of Buddha

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

What thread are you talking about? The least you can do is point the rest of us there so we can test the accuracy of your evaluation. I did see a recent thread locked and I personally thought it was well deserved. The thread became very preachy and downright stupid.

Edited by Nalyd Khezr Bey, 22 June 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#3 Curious Cat

Dances With The Dead

• Owner
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

View Postthebard, on 22 June 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

thanks once again OC mods for locking a thread. this type of nazi-control behavior is the prime reason interesting minds don't frequent this forum as often as they could. what a joke, a thread you might not like, but does it hurt any other thread?

yeah. screw this forum.

Are you familiar with Godwin's Law? It is worth reading up on.

The thread I am guessing that you are talking about, since you have not bothered to be specific, was locked for a number of reasons. There was significant flaming within it and it had degenerated into a giant word salad.

In the future, if you want a thread unlocked, PM a mod with the reasons you believe it should be unlocked.

#4 Reflectionseeker

• Old Timers
  • 442 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

What's wrong with preachy and downright stupid and significant flaming and a giant word salad?
Ne supra crepidam sutor iudicaret

#5 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

But - it was fun to read. It was almost as good as daytime tv.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#6 Son of the Wave

Killer of Buddha

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

Having once been a mod on OC as well as having an affinity for most of its founding and original core membership, I feel I am not out of place (maybe a little biased) in defending how things are done here, so...

For the record, a thread is very rarely, if ever, locked or removed simply for the subject matter that is talked about. To lock or remove for subject matter alone it usually takes something like spam (most cases), actual threats of violence (rare) or some other legally questionable things being said. In the usual everyday sense of a thread being locked though I think it has more to do with OC being a forum for discussion and not a blog site strictly for ranting, diatribes and flaming and the nauseous repetition of such when someone wants to convert the disagreeing heathens. When threads get overloaded and out-of-hand with such ignorance in action then they tend to be dealt with, usually by locking and sometimes by the deletions of the offending and non-contributing posts. That is probably about the gist of how it still goes here. The most active mods of late, voidgazing, Curious Cat and Whispers, tend to be fairly level-headed individuals (at least as far as occultists can be level-headed) and usually stay clear of interfering with discussions from a mod angle, i.e. they usually leave everyone alone to discuss or join the discussions themselves.

And there is nothing even remotely similar to any Nazi-like behavior going on here. Next time consider leaving your persecution complex at the door before you enter. :P

#7 Riva626

• Old Timers
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

I'd rather read about Belial fucking someone in their dreams than that other tripe.

#8 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

I am not around as much as I used to be, or as much as I would like to be. However I do tend to keep an eye on the place, and log in many times just to check on the mod team. We, at one point, did become a bit strict and a few of the mods did cross that mod-nazi line... But that issue has been resolved.

Looking around now however I generally see the mods here are doing a fine job. Perfect, no, of course not. But they are generally nice, generally discuss things befor action is taken, and generally need more than one of them to agree before action is taken.

These things make the OC one of the most open forums out here on the web. Our rules are lax compared to most other occult forums, our discussions are pretty open, and most people do not have issues with how things are ran.

I find that in most instances people that fuss and complain about our policies are the ones that either tend to break them or are inclined to just like to complain. I suggest to these people that if you want an unmoderated forum try usenet.

If a moderator is acting like a jerk, or is crossing lines or rubbing you the wrong way PLEASE contact either me, Appalachian Crone, or Voidgazing. If the issue is still not resolved try another one of us.

Please have a nice day.

#9 SuccubusSherry

Enthusiastic Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostRiva626, on 23 June 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

I'd rather read about Belial fucking someone in their dreams than that other tripe.

I would like to read about that too, we must be perverts, Maybe you should start a discussion about it.
See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

#10 Riva626

• Old Timers
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostSuccubusSherry, on 23 June 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

I would like to read about that too, we must be perverts, Maybe you should start a discussion about it.

Haha, well I know I definately am :P. Veering slightly off topic here, but back when I started getting into the occult I did so for all the wrong idiotic reasons that most do. Namely, I was inspired by fictional grandeur to summon demons to visual appearance and do my bidding. Needless to say the first occult book I bought was the Lemegton -Lesser Key. I had no experience in ritual, or any other form of magic for that matter and so without realising it I was very susceptible to the power of the spirit's sigils. I started obsessing over them, especially Belial's. Prior to reading the book I was going through a severe bout of depression, which was in many ways what led me to it in the first place. I believe the spirit fed off of that depression and magnified it significantly. Unwillingly, I would think about it or its sigil daily and my life turned to shit before my eyes.

Eventually he appeared to me in a dream. A homeless bum in a heavy black overcoat with a hood hiding his face. In the dream a friend sleighted the spirit and he decided to take his vengeance upon me. I tried to fight him but my movements and actions slowed as I did. I could not harm him. Realising the magnitude of just what I was dealing with I made a wise decision and ran as fast as I could. To cut a long story short he eventually caught up with me and beheaded my entire family before my very eyes with some archaic wooded device. At that moment two rather hot and busty nuns approached, they told me to flee with them to the town chapel where I would be safe. It was to no avail. Belial raped and beheaded them too (not neccessarily in that order) and that was the end of that.

After the dream I did some research on the spirit and found that he has an affinity for nuns. That was the moment that knew all of this wasn't just in my head. Up until then I was still very sceptical of the occult, I wasn't sure if it was frighteningly 'real' or just some elaborate bullshit. That dream changed me. I started taking it very seriously from then on, and have since been working with much friendlier spirits. Despite that rather nasty part of my life I have to thank Belial for indirectly putting me on this path.

I now keep the Lemegeton in its own drawer away from all my other occult books and artifacts. I haven't looked at it since. Everyday without fail, knocks and creaks can be heard from that exact drawer. They intensify at night and whenever I perform the LBRP.

Edited by Riva626, 23 June 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#11 SuccubusSherry

Enthusiastic Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

Oh I see, that comment about Belial triggered your memory of an experience you had. I may start a discussion about an aspect of it if you do not want to (not the raping nuns part, the receiving proof part).
See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

#12 Riva626

• Old Timers
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Sure, go for it.

#13 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

What a joke, a thread you might not like, but does it hurt any other thread?

Stupid hurts the OC overall. Nobody wants to wade through stupid. You ever watch Ted talks? Note carefully the lack of people in tinfoil hats taking the stage to inform the audience about gubmint mind control rays and aliens disguised as seagulls following them everywhere.

It's called curation. That dude isn't discussing shit, and his ideas could be used to drain pasta. This is the mod team trying to prevent the signal to noise ratio going to hell, is all.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#14 Caliban

rough beast

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

On that note, I'll be locking this thread. Discussing deleted topics or disciplinary actions isn't really against the rules here, but it is not good form anywhere. If you have issues with how the board is being moderated, please PM a moderator or forum administrator.

I am all for continuing discussion of intimate dreams of Goetic kings in another thread. That one would at least concern the Occult. Also, I have always thought Belial was kind of sassy, dancing for Solomon and all.

Edited by Caliban, 24 June 2013 - 03:43 AM.

"There is a crack, a crack through everything. That is how the light gets in." -- Leonard Cohen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users