Cutting the dreams short to just the details surrounding the deaths, just this month I have been killed in dreams the following ways:-
- While in a dream about living in a tree-top city I discover a hole in the ground below. Its full of giant metal teeth that are constantly grinding against each other. I want to study it but slip and fall into the grinder. Death is quick but grindy. :>
- A group of people crash a fireside party. They are really interesting and in my excitement I jump into the fire for fun. Unfortunately it is wayyyy hotter than it should be and I burn up.
- Following the building of an amusement park ride I take friends and family on a big ride. Once they're all safely on the ground in a new place I get on the ride again and deliberately make it go so fast I am squished by the G-force.
- After trying to change the direction of a moving island by organising its underground 'slaves' to work the controls, raging underground beasts a bit like the Morlocks from The Time Machine by H.G. Wells turn up. I fight them yet lose when some of the slaves get guns and kill me because they find the conflict disturbing. I somehow recover to find I am a walking corpse without a head. Realising I can't live, see, hear, taste or think without a head yet am still doing so I suspect I'm living in a huge simulation and that I am now a 'glitch'. I hunt down a couple of the beasts and tame them, read in libraries to work out what kind of simulation I am in and what its purpose is, explore the island and more. No dramatic conclusion to the dream. I simply wake up.
- I'm chatting with a group of younger guy friends. I offer them a small shot of something that put us to sleep and kill us peacefully, a bit like an overdose of barbiturates would. The vial I pour from says, "substantia nigra' (lots of associations). We all lie down and die, except I wake up afterwards feeling a little groggy. Darn. Didn't work. They won't wake up so it worked for them.
- I'm dancing through a scene from the game Bioshock Infinite. I can hear this catchy pop-like dance tune and that is why I'm dancing. It starts to get like a crazy musical with lots of complex choreographed group dancing. At the end of one sequence I climb up onto the bow of a ship and hang from the tip like I'm a maidenhead. I nod to my fellow dancers, pull out a gun and blow my brains out.
- The same night I had the above dream I also dreamt I was investigating a murder, my own murder. When I find out who the killer is he kills me with repeated stabbings. While I'm dying I feel like I should have seem it coming.
A detail to know is that I don't feel at all suicidal in waking consciousness. The closest to that I feel is a low level feeling of existential boredom, frustration and meaningless. Its not like this is new though, and I don't feel like doing much about it because I'm bored of doing that too!