Conjuring Beetlejuice!

27 replies to this topic

#1 VIRAL

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

So I used a ritual that incorporated elements of traditional sorcery, on the night of the New Moon. The fiend to be summoned? Beetlejuice, of course!

Posted Image

Scribed with chalk on an industrial driveway,

Posted Image
BEETLEJUICE
BEETLEJUICE
BEETLEJUICE!
On either side of the drawing were planted two black candles.
Walked clockwise in a circle around the spot, saying "Zasas Zasas, Natasatanada Zasas!" nine times.
The candles were lit, and I walked into the circle.
"Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice! Ias Ink Ka-i, Ahk Beetlejuice NEHES! Sexa Sexa, Isfety Beetlejuice Anexen!"
"Bio-Exorcist, Original Rascal, Shoulder of the Giant! I welcome you to Charlotte, Beetlejuice Incorrigible! I release you from bondage this night, may we do as we please! By this sacred darkness you are freed, let no man or angel stand against us... Carpe Noctem!"

At this point the wind blew out the candles, I picked up my stuff and left without looking back.

Should you live in Charlotte NC, repeat his name 3 times to draw his attention!

Edited by VIRAL, 13 May 2013 - 03:52 AM.

#2 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

I like the fusion of traditional and modern sources. Do you ever get visible apperance with this sort of working?

#3 HelloKitty

• Old Timers
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

Wow! This sounds kinda like chaos magic. This is very interesting.
Do you mind if I ask what you're trying to accomplish?
Have you worked with him before?

#4 VIRAL

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

No, I've never gotten visual appearance from a working. Though I have made contact many times with intelligent, external entities. Beetlejuice appeared to me recently, just grinning. The more one looks at his image, reads about him, and refers to him, the more he's going to show up. Remember the ZagNut bar in the movie? Posted Image

They actually sell ZagNut bars still, up in Iowa.

@ Hello Kitty: Not as a conjuration, though I was influenced by his character and loved the movie! I actually knew a guy named Beetlejuice, who dressed up the same way and managed a lot of Goth events. Me, I just took a liking to the striped and adapted them to my wardrobe. Which also had something to do with Native American clown depictions, and jails.

The rite is pretty self-explanatory. Think shady guys with scimitars, blue fire and circles of mysterious symbols on a clear night when the stars are right....

Edited by VIRAL, 13 May 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#5 omera

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

This is a cooler chaote evocation than bugs bunny.
Spide"Cadius the Swift was only a slave, but under the wing of the emperor he was given the highest treatment a slave of messaging could acquire. He descended down the spiraled staircase of that dungeonesque castle and nodded to the guards as he was allowed out. He passed out of the Court of the Black Senate and beyond the defending walls surrounding the tower. The massive structure's only gate groaned wide open, a yawning maw announcing the departure of a traveler from the keep. Necessarily, the gate -was- a maw. As Cadius lightfootedly passed down the main street of Roma Diabolus, he got one glorious look at the daemonic head of Plutonicus glaring out idealistically toward the city's main gate and the vast expanse of an infernally twisted market screamed and yelled about its products before Main Street jutted the black cobblestone tongue of that monstrous symbol into the womb of the world."

#6 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

lol - very true.

VIRAL - what was the purpose of doing this?
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#7 VIRAL

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

@ RoseRed: something along these lines

#8 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Gotcha

#9 VIRAL

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

Apparently he's been haunting around the world, traumetizing DJ's and mixers and inspiring them to write musical homages to this ambitious, pernicious 0MG3\/UL M4573R . These were just two of about six decent ones. (And about 3 terrible ones!)

And I hear he's probably taking Hollywood again...

Edited by VIRAL, 16 May 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#10 Orlando

• Old Timers
  • 503 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostVIRAL, on 13 May 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

Walked clockwise in a circle around the spot, saying "Zasas Zasas, Natasatanada Zasas!" nine times.
The candles were lit, and I walked into the circle.

That's different, as the circle caster casting a circle from the outside and then walking into it. Is this of your own device,or does it come from somewhere?

Edited by Orlando, 16 May 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#11 VIRAL

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

To be honest there was no real "circle casting," but really just the clockwise motion around the sidewalk art and site of the spell was the goal of walking around it. Kind of like rituals in the past and holy services have involved groups of people walking in a doesil or widdershins direction. Not everything however, that's LHP is going to be widdershins and not everything that's RHP is going to be doesil.

This working for instance, was meant to be very LHP-oriented.
And it can be repeated.

#12 Orlando

• Old Timers
  • 503 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

Ah, I see, Thanks Viral. :)

#13 VIRAL

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

Update: If you're not expecting him, BJ can catch you off guard. I caught him putting words in my mouth and impersonating me on the mental plane, interacting with others in the area and mixing up information. Since I didn't know anything about this person, and it was really late, I explained why I was telling him to "piss off" -- it was because I knew nothing about him and he was very privy to me! It only dawned on me later that that was probably Beetlejuice paying me a friendly but very in-character visit. :facepalm:

Oh yeah, and his aura resembles the dead (or long-distance emanations) and he's mischievous, sexually conscious, and very quick on his feet.

And awesome.

#14 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Update: If you're not expecting him, BJ can catch you off guard. I caught him putting words in my mouth and impersonating me on the mental plane, interacting with others in the area and mixing up information.

This is exactly what I was asking about in the video game thread but that kinda went into the realm of archetypes. Granted - it's not a video game character but it's a fictional movie dude. You're speaking as if this fictional character is an intelligent entity. Do you believe that it is? And if so, how did it become one?

#15 VIRAL

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

View PostRoseRed, on 17 May 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

This is exactly what I was asking about in the video game thread but that kinda went into the realm of archetypes. Granted - it's not a video game character but it's a fictional movie dude. You're speaking as if this fictional character is an intelligent entity. Do you believe that it is? And if so, how did it become one?

No fictive condition is absolute.
That being said, the encounter was certainly with sentience and intelligence. Not to mention it involved other planes of existence most normal people don't even think about much (they are IMHO endless) and other sentient third parties.

Where do all those cookies go on Christmas eve? I mean, Santa looks like he could put away some cookies, but that many???
...it's a miraculous survival story....

Edited by VIRAL, 19 May 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#16 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

And if so, how did it become one?

Allow me, dear madam, to gently lay this on your lobes: What if every fictional entity was already fully 'real' and our artists and authors are gifted with the ability to perceive, rather than create, these entities?

Narnia was always there. Just as was Pluto (both of them) and only when the proper instruments were trained 'pon the endless starry vastnesses (within and without) were they discovered. Right now, although he is too far away for us to do more than see him, far too far away for us to touch in any way but spirit, there is a madman with a blue box and he is weeping for the villains and he is saving the universe in a bow tie and a fez.

He really, really is.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#17 SuccubusSherry

Enthusiastic Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

I always thought Beetlejuice came into existence when the film was made and watched by people who fed their attention to him. Also Aslan began to exist when the Narnia stories were written and now people can use him as Jesus if they want to because he represented Jesus in the stories. However Voidgazing has an interesting 'thinking outside the box' way of looking at it.

#18 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Allow me, dear madam, to gently lay this on your lobes: What if every fictional entity was already fully 'real' and our artists and authors are gifted with the ability to perceive, rather than create, these entities?

Awwwwwww, you're so sweet.

I've pondered that thought. It's been a while and I had forgotten that I'd pondered it.

I always thought Beetlejuice came into existence when the film was made and watched by people who fed their attention to him.

I've also pondered this thought. I happen to lean more towards this one.

and VIRAL... If you still think Santa eats all those cookies - I won't be the one to tell you any different.

#19 VIRAL

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

@ Voidgazing: Touching. But you forgot to capitalize Blue Box...
@ RoseRed: He feeds them to an overweight man and calls it gluttony. Guess what he does to the other six?

Posted Image

Edited by VIRAL, 19 May 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#20 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

lololol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users