29 replies to this topic

#21 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'll check that anime and article out. Thanks
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down
I am going to stand my ground

#22 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:35 AM

RISE THREAD! RISE FROM THE DEAD!

https://manxwytch.wo...ndrew-chumbley/

While the blog is the simplest of summaries the video link is an amusing and slightly charming look at the "Bone men" and "Cunning Folk" Chumbley was channeling in this work.
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
Leave our bellies full

#23 Kuroyagi

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationCentral Europe

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

Thank you Morrigan, I actually enjoyed that little blog post there and also the innocent cute acting by those kids- would also have been interested in Karragan's interpretation of ONE but the link was defunct. Nothing much new in this department that I could write about, maybe I'll re-read some select Clark Ashton Smith tales again, so let us pray to great Tsatthoggua! (may we not be eaten!)

#24 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Eating lunch today, I was struck by how similar The Catfish and Frog are.

Catfish are slimy, some walk in two worlds, they are "poisonous" (not really, but they are likely to give you bad bacterial infections if crossed), they are edible, they are associated with earthquakes in Japan, they are mud-dwellers, have big mouths relative to the size of their body, and breathe through the skin.

Also magically relevant, some catfish can generate electrical shocks.

The catfish around here also only have one bone that can be easily preserved, the head-bone (not quite a full skull).

#25 Kuroyagi

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationCentral Europe

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:12 AM

Haha yes the 'Namazu', certainly connected to this group of slimy watery creatures. Thanks for the new angle and suggestion- every animal form is also a new magical 'style'-- will have to think about it/research it further in the future.

#26 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

While reading through the Voudon Gnostic Workbook in preparation for a new moon ritual I was reminded of this thread. According the the VGW the Hoo spirits ( ancient spirit magicians from where else but Atlantis) who make up part of the Hoodoo spirit team appear as frog, snakes, and fish. They represent the living part of the duo and are linked with the sea.
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
Leave our bellies full

#27 Curious Cat

Eats Locusts

• Owner
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:59 PM

View PostMorrigan, on 24 August 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

While reading through the Voudon Gnostic Workbook in preparation for a new moon ritual I was reminded of this thread. According the the VGW the Hoo spirits ( ancient spirit magicians from where else but Atlantis) who make up part of the Hoodoo spirit team appear as frog, snakes, and fish. They represent the living part of the duo and are linked with the sea.

Since I resumed working with the LH again, my wife has been semi-woken up in the middle of the night semi-regularly. Last night she was frightened and asked me, "Can't you see the frogs!" Luckily she seems to have no memory of these events. That night as dreamed, one of the dream figures appeared with a long, frog-like tongue.

During my year of regular angelic evocations, she was generally not seeing things in the middle of the night.

I worry that she is being awoken due to my current activities and I am not sure what to do about it. Every time it happens she appears startled and scared. It usually only takes a minute or so to calm her down. Last month, she bolted up and asked me, "What did you call into this house?" As I said though, she doesn't remember anything in the morning at least.

I plan to ask the LH what I can do about it. I do find it interesting that even though I have told her nothing about the LH, she appears to be noticing their presence.

#28 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:00 AM

Hmm. Are you sure she is the one having the vision? You might be having false awakenings in which you dream your spouse is touched by the Hoo and Doo spirits. I have no reason to consider it more or less likely, but have you given it any thought? It popped into my head when I was thinking there wasn't anything I could contribute to your story.

#29 Curious Cat

Eats Locusts

• Owner
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:55 AM

It's not likely. When she wakes me up I usually rub her back, calm her down, and go take a piss. It takes me a bit of time to get back to sleep.

#30 wren

Venerable Member

• Moderators
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:59 AM

Well, I'm out of potentially useful suggestions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users