- - - - -

Wendigo

3 replies to this topic

#1 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

So this TED talk has a guy sharing really cool information about Native American structures. On his research journey, he found many writings from the colonial period detailing finding skeletons of 8 foot tall skeletons. They all had double rows of teeth. Wendigo much?

Check it ouuuuut

This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#2 Michael

The Fool on the Hill

• Gold Member
  • 300 posts
  • LocationBalsam Grove, NC

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Wish I wasn't on dialup... I'd love to see this but I doubt I'd live long enough to get it all...lol. Algernon Blackwood's story is still one of my absolute favorites.

#3 thebard

• Old Timers
  • 532 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

great video. some more about the hopi, their pale brothers from europe, and atlantis:

http://ipwebdev.com/hermit/eldbr.html

found an academic presentation challenging the asian migration:

https://www.youtube....h?v=rLV9A8P00bw

Edited by thebard, 01 December 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#4 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

OK summary for Michael: He investigated the mound builders, pointing out one big one larger than the pyramids at Giza and suggesting that they might have originated with a northward migration of Mesoamericans fleeing the whole sacrificial vibe of the place. One complex is 55 miles wide and corresponds to a lunar cycle thought to be discovered by the Greeks, but these guys beat them by a few thousand years. Deciding to see if they had an influence in the northeast, he discovered many stone structures. Made without mortar or dressing, these sometimes have multi-ton slab roofs and sometimes arches of the classical engineering variety. Locals think them colonial root cellars and academia avoids the topic as it doesn't fit the dominant narrative paradigm of 'primitive' Native America. The windows line up with the solstices Indiana Jones style, or with that lunar cycle. Most are around 3500 years old.

Investigating this he decided to find out what the colonials had written of them upon their discovery. He found that the naturalists and others of the day (including such sources as George Washington) had consistently described these 8 to 10 foot tall skeletons with double rows of teeth. Such samples as remain extant are at the Smithsonian, hidden away in the basements and warehouses and not studied. Attempts to do so are met with resistance. Combined with the recent claim of non-homo-sapien DNA found in North Americans by a genetics firm, this indicates that Bigfoot might actually be real.

I'm thinking the plague that decimated North America just before the Europeans arrived in force might be why we haven't seen a living one.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users