213 replies to this topic

#1 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

4th Annual Occult Corpus Meet-up

June 17, 2013 to June 23, 2013

At The Broken House Farm (Q and AC's Home)

OK folks, time to start discussing....

Who plans to come? Be sure to read the pinned thread on the meet-up!

If you plan to attend, please copy and paste the attendance list below, add you name when you post it. Since I am doing some workshops and seminars this time, and plan to have several other people do some as well....I really need a good headcount so I can have enough items available for everyone!

1) Appalachian Crone
2) Qryztufre
3) Elly Mae (Lakota)

I am that Columbine!

#2 Iago

The DUKE of FLUKE

• Old Timers
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSnowy Wastes

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

This is one I'll plan to make. Barring any unforeseen changes, mark me down as a show (I hear the Appalachians are beautiful in summertime :D )

SCIENTIAM SAPIENTIS, SAPIENTIAM PVER

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

The gods, they are but masks. Who is wearing them?

#3 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

They are and I would love to get back to them. I've got the date on my calendar. Lets see if I can finally make one.
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down
I am going to stand my ground

#4 ChaosTech

Venerable Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

I'll go if Naly pays for my ticket there and back! :) (Why Naly? Because I want him to go too, so we can meet. Maybe even spar in a magedual with Q as the ref! Lmao.)
[i]There are no gods but God, we know him through his order, his mind, the the miracle Jesus Christ. Give up most magic, give up enlightenment and or transcendence. No one can behold God, infinite is beyond, submit and know it creates and sustains creation forever. No true limit, no true death, no true nothingness. E=MC2, and gain and sustainability are greater than loss. The universe infinitely is expanding, growing becoming better and more immortal as are we. Resist evil, for it is an excess, ultimately a lie of true death. There is hell, as the Bible says, but there is choice! Choose wisely. Human origins, cosmic life, magical creatures, heaven, hell, earth and purgatory, many religions. Fascinating indeed, but in this world, no man was like Jesus Christ, and has the worlds largest faith.[\i]

#5 One Love

• Old Timers
  • 126 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

Would love to if I wasn't on the other side of the world! Sounds like fun :)
Everything is Nothing and Nothing is All

#6 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

We have had people from other countries here in the past. And I am not just talking Canada! Portugal is the furthest visitor.

So you can maybe plan for next year (which will most likely be which ever week contains the summer soltice).

If you need camping arrangements (as in, if you need a tent) we need to know, as tent space is limited. If multiple people need tents, we can likely double up, but till then, its first come first serve. We do have plenty of floor space though...

If you need hotel/motel information, we can get that for you as well.

#7 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

I am hoping that this year will be the biggest and best one yet. I am hoping to actually have enough people to get a couple of workshops going. If you can host a workshop at this years meetup please let us know and we will see if we can work something out.

#8 Caliban

rough beast

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

I'd love to offer a workshop or two. It may help to get an idea of what people want to spend some hands-on time with, so we know what would be good to present.

1) Appalachian Crone
2) Qryztufre
3) Elly Mae (Lakota)
4) Iago
5) Morrigan
6) Caliban

Iago and Morrigan, I have just committed you! We are now working on the assumption that you WILL attend if you do not say otherwise.

Edited by Caliban, 06 November 2012 - 10:21 PM.

"There is a crack, a crack through everything. That is how the light gets in." -- Leonard Cohen

#9 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

I've been volunteered for mandatory fun! Hurrah! I'll plot and plan for a workshop idea and an escape plan to make it out your way!
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
I am going to stand my ground

#10 Bibimfupi

Good Times...

• Administrator
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

1) Appalachian Crone
2) Qryztufre
3) Elly Mae (Lakota)
4) Iago
5) Morrigan
6) Caliban
7) Bibimfupi

Looking forward to it. I know my son also really looks forward to it every year. He has a blast with Caliban, who is very patient with him. He also REALLY likes Qaexl :)
Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about.

#11 Iago

The DUKE of FLUKE

• Old Timers
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSnowy Wastes

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Caliban, on 06 November 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Iago and Morrigan, I have just committed you!
Not again! They told me I was sane enough to leave that place!

In seriousness though, I'd love to attend a workshop or two by the fine experts of OC. Always good topics are meditation and mindfulness and whatnot, perhaps also a workshop on basic operations such as bindings, cleansings, etc., as well as spirit work (offerings, making a connection and so forth).

SCIENTIAM SAPIENTIS, SAPIENTIAM PVER

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

The gods, they are but masks. Who is wearing them?

#12 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

1) Appalachian Crone
2) Qryztufre
3) Elly Mae (Lakota)
4) Iago
5) Morrigan
6) Caliban
7) Bibimfupi
8) Shannon
9) Perrin
10) Devin

*I had to add those two kids so they don't feel left out because they look forward to this meet-up so much every year!

I am that Columbine!

#13 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

2013 is here, if you have not started saving for your trip to the meet-up, now is the time to start! We are 5 1/2 months away and it is going to be a great one this year. We have so many group activities planned, a new ritual site, and more. Please remember to add your name to the list so we can get an idea of how many people are coming. Also it helps with carpooling. We have several people who would like to carpool and split the cost of gas. So if you are interested in that, you need to post it here! If transportation is your only issue, please PM me and I will see what I can work out for ya!

I am that Columbine!

#14 Pale

• Old Timers
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Looks like it'll be a great time, would swing by if I wasn't on the wrong side of the pacific.

#15 Whispers

• Moderators
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

@Pale.
Wrong side of the Pacific ? I am on the wrong side of the Atlantic, and I've managed to show up twice.
Just do some magic.

#16 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Whispers.....are you gonna make it this year??????

I am that Columbine!

#17 Whispers

• Moderators
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Will do my best,

#18 jes

• Moderators
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

I'll be there!
It doesn't matter what they say, in the jealous games people play - The Go-Gos

For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great.... you have no power over me.

#19 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

1) Appalachian Crone
2) Qryztufre
3) Elly Mae (Lakota)
4) Iago
5) Morrigan
6) Caliban
7) Bibimfupi
8) Shannon
9) Perrin
10) Devin
11) Whispers
12) jes
13) Aethermanus

That should be an updated list. I have a few more that are going to try to come and I will post those in a few days.

I really hope a lot of people take advantage of this for 2013! We have a lot of new things planned and it is exciting. I am also excited to use the new ritual area and let others utilize Mason's Meadow (the prayer and meditation area) and wander through the Hermit Woods and even visit the Hedgewitch Cabin we built the end of last year. We will be doing prayer flags and prayer bundles, meditation individual and group, the water ceremony, the rock ceremony and much more. Details will be posted again in another month or two. I cannot stress enough that people need to start saving for this trip now and if you need to carpool or want to carpool, you need to let us know so we can make some arrangements with others. Also if you are planning to travel by plane or bus, we need to know so we can make plans for someone to pick you up and bring you out to the farm.

I am that Columbine!

#20 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Here is a c&p from the other thread of things you may want to know about the meet-up this year!

1) Everyone please bring a small amount of water that is special to you. (half pint, soda bottle full, etc.) We will be having a water ceremony in which Chris and I will discuss the use of water in life and ritual. We will have a container that everyone will place their water in and tell why the water is special to them. This water can be collected from your favorite stream, from the ocean, from vacation, from you dogs watering bowl, wherever it has a special meaning to you. You will explain why the water is special to you and place it in a community container. This container will be available for those who choose to purify or even charge items you use in your spiritual practice. The water will then be purified and stored for next year. This will be an annual event and the water from the previous year will be placed in the container and everyone will add to it again. More info at the Meet-up!

2) Everyone please bring a stone special and sacred to you. I will host a ceremony in the Hermit Woods. Chris and I are making a sacred area where we will host the ceremony and everyone will have the opportunity to place a stone on a pile in this area in honor of someone special to you who has passed on. These stones will be placed in a pile in this sacred area and will be available to those who desire to visit the area at any time during the year. This too will be an annual event and as the pile of stones grows, so will the sacredness of the area to honor those who have passed before us.

3) Mason's Meadow will be open to everyone during the meet-up. This is a special are I have marked out in the Hermit Woods. Caliban and Whispers have already visited this area. This is a place for prayer, meditation, contemplation and peace. I will be holding a prayer bundle and prayer flag workshop. Everyone will be encouraged to make a prayer bundle or flag, walk in peace and prayer to Mason's Meadow and you will tie your prayer bundle or prayer flag in the small meadow. You may utilize this area for prayer and meditation during the meet-up and of course, tie more than one prayer bundle or flag if you desire. In addition to this, I have asked anyone who desires to bring an item for Mason's Meadow. This area has an altar, many trees to tie items to, there are statues on the ground, etc. I have asked people to donate items to the area that hold special meaning to their own personal belief and prayer. We have items already placed such as kyanite, a statue of Pan, coins, grave dirt from New Orleans, feathers, bible scriptures or poems hand written and placed in glass jars and hung from trees, stones, etc. already placed in the area. This will be a part of our annual meet-up as well. *if there is anyone who cannot make it to the meet-up and wishes a prayer be said for them, feel free to PM that to me and I will make sure it is done with the group. If you would like a personal item added to the area, just mail it to me and I will place it there.

4) NEW RITUAL SITE! Between my Hedgewitch cabin and Mason's Meadow is the new ritual area for the meet-up. This is out in the Hermit Woods near a Great Tree. It is a special area and the Procession will start at Plum Gate as we enter the Hermit Woods and we will walk as a group to the ritual site. This will be the first time we utilize this area for ritual and I anticipate it to be a very special one this year. I hope others find it to be a nice ritual area and enjoy the Hermit Woods on the farm!

START SAVING NOW! If you have not attended the meet-up, this is a year you do not want to miss! We will have a lot of workshops and seminars this year. We will have our usual activities of nightly campfires, trips to the creek to swim, community meals and such as well. I will be starting a thread today for discussion of the meet-up. If money is an issue for you, please let us know in advance and we will see what we can do about getting you hear by carpool or bus if funds allow. We have several people who are looking for someone to ride with them so they do not make the trip alone. I cannot stress enough to start saving your money now for this trip. Put a bit aside each week and by June you will have enough to make the trip. Too many people wait until the last minute and then find themselves with no funds. START SAVING NOW!

I am that Columbine!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users