Kundalini Pranayama Insanity

45 replies to this topic

#41 AdamasOctavius

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:56 AM

View PostBatole, on 20 January 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

Chiefly! Original hindu Yogi do awakening kundalini only when he want the end cycles of his lives.

This is a fair point; the context is completely different for a urbanite in the West doing Yoga and a Yogi -- like a Sadhu for example. The exercises were not developed for urbanites who want to be trendy, but for people who had specific purposes in mind. I'm not convinced that Yoga poses dangers because I've not see this first hand nor would I wish to see this. But, your point seems valid to me and it is worthy keeping in mind that -- as you said -- these exercises come from certain people with certain goals and, when these exercises get mixed up in Western ideas and Western cultures, Yoga will do things the creators of the exercises never dreamed of and might not even approve.
N. NC SCO TEN. BR LVX

#42 Batole

• Old Timers
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

In eastern countrees are two different paths. I recommend to people who want to really know anything about yoga read translantion original old eastern autors. Like by John Woodroffe - A. Avalon - Sat chakra nirupana, Paduka panchaka, The serpent power...., or Shiva samhita, Gheranda samhita, and maybe are many other texts.
And for comparison a Taoists sporitual alchemy book The secret of the golden flower. Translantion by Richard Willhelm.
By my opinion many new "masters" only invent novelties and confuses people they receive the money.

#43 NoxLumina

• Old Timers
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:23 PM

As someone who crashed and burned *hard* with Tibetan Buddhist practices:

I honestly feel that a lot of the problem is that when Eastern practices make their way to the West, they're often misunderstood or misrepresented. Meditation, yoga, Buddhism, etc are often represented in the West as being 100% perfectly healthy and safe, along with a good diet and exercise regimen! A lot of us don't really think these energies are "real" when we approach these practices. We are often not told from the beginning that we are working with many of the same energies (and sometimes, versions of the same practices) that you work with in Western occult practices - just minus the Christian cultural baggage. And from that perspective, it's even easier to be surprised when we find out these energies within and without us *are* real, or we mess with them and they mess with us back.

#44 Batole

• Old Timers
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:24 AM

Meditation, yoga, Buddhism, etc are often represented in the West as being 100% perfectly healthy and safe,..........

View PostNoxLumina, on 24 June 2015 - 07:23 PM, said:

I honestly feel that a lot of the problem is that when Eastern practices make their way to the West, they're often misunderstood or misrepresented. Meditation, yoga, Buddhism, etc are often represented in the West as being 100% perfectly healthy and safe, along with a good diet and exercise regimen!.................

These practices are not dangerous if one knows what and why does. It needs to think our own head. And - I already wrote above - in Eastern countries are two different paths. A path for the end of life in any form and a path for better life.
For many people (see buddhists) is life in any formy only suffering. So they want the end. And some people just want a better only. See The secret of the godlen flower by Richard Willhelm. (is free on net)

#45 Lumpino

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

Interesting book about Eastern spiritual alchemy.

http://www.bahaistud...lden_flower.pdf

An analogue of Indian chakra-yoga.
Heavenly heart in this book is chakra Ajna in yoga and "fleshly" heart is chakra Anahata in yoga. The beginning of the journey is calm down Ajna chajra (heavenly heart) and then years meditations on chakra Anahata (fleshly heart) until is not open. When is relally open so you obtain powers siddhis and can see gods.
Meditation on Anahata is possible before you sleep too, speeds up the result.

#46 Mskied

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:46 AM

It is dangerous. And... the White Masters arent as kind as gentle as you are led to believe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users