8 replies to this topic

#1 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Today we turn 6...

What have your learned here?
What were some of your favorite memories over the years?
What are your regrets?
What would you like to see in the future?

#2 Whispers

• Moderators
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Six Years?
Seemed like yesterday...
No wonder I'm feeling old(er).

What have I learned here ?
That magic (and people) are even more diverse than I thought.

Some of my favourite memories ?
Meeting several members in person, in the USA and Europe.
Learning new stuff and trying it B)

Regrets ?
Too few (and too small) to mention.
I wish that some of the people that have gone away would return.

What would I like to see in the future ?
More fluff, but serious fluff.
Unicorns (and how to ride them) and rainbows (and that bloody treasure chest).
More people joining the meetup.
More magic and "how to" instead of talk and "you should".
Hope that I am making any sense.

And before I forget ...

Happy Birthday Occult Corpus !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#3 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Wow it seems like yesterday me, Chris and Mmothra were brainstorming on how to begin this community. And yet it always seems to feel like it has always been here.

What have your learned here? That it is possible for me to like some people, that it takes a tremendous amount of time and resources to provide this community to others, how to do a few things behind the scenes, that people think just because you own a forum like this you are a miracle worker and have all the time in the world to solve just their problems...and immediately of course, that a simple misread comment can destroy friendships, that you can gain a wonderful friendship by getting to know some people on a personal level, that sometimes you cannot please everyone and sometimes....you are appreciated.

What were some of your favorite memories over the years? Mmothra and the David Hasselhoff signature thing, banning someone I thought was a spammer form KFC, my marriage to Qryztufre, having meet-ups, people getting along, good threads, developing personal friendships with our members.

What are your regrets? Losing some people I truly respected over stupid stuff, not having more time to post more things, getting too close to someone and then losing them to death, making administrative decisions and feeling bad about them later, not having more money to put into the forums, exposing myself more than perhaps I should have.

What would you like to see in the future? More members, a better store, hard core real occult, more people take advantage of the meet-up, meeting more members, a kids forum and more respect for others ideas and beliefs.

I am that Columbine!

#4 Brennan

Initiate

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

I had no clue the OC is a virgin!

Before I met this forum, I was the only practitioner I knew. While not entirely a bad thing ('cause i felt like a frikkin' badass.), in retrospect I can see how unbalanced and without foundation my understanding of magick was. This forum helped me develop that foundation. Helped me flesh out my understanding and bolstered (and sometimes caused me to question) my search of that understanding. There is really quite a bit I've learned from here, but to gestalt it, I would say that I've learned how to think better and more thoroughly. How to question my thoughts, emotions, etc.. ..without judging them harshly, without thinking them as being 'wrong' if I find a flaw. I've learned analysis and the OC has had quite the hand in that.

Favorite memory? Ah.. All of the really super cute boys (and men)! :wub: Really though, this forum has quite a few hotties. I'm very glad about that.

My biggest and continual regret is not having the courage to attend a meet-up -- I'll get there eventually!

Honestly I'd like to see more hotties. Naw, I kid.. ..kind of.. (srsly tho, post more pictures.) Really, I just want to see more of what's been happening all along. There have been some threads here which are really quite thought provoking, very well thought out and expansive. I'm very ... grateful. to have the opportunity to rub cyber-elbows with the vast majority of posters here and to have the opportunity to peer inside the minds of other Magicians.

Edited by Brennan, 14 September 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#5 Kuroyagi

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationCentral Europe

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Great forum but 'ceterum censeo' the dislike button should be abolished!

Happy Birthday, best wishes to us all!

Edited by Kuroyagi, 15 September 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#6 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'm too new here to reminisce about the good old days.

I'm curious, have there been any magical battles between member of the years? I would think it's inevitable that egos would clash someone would mount some sort of magical attack against another member.

https://www.youtube....h?v=zD5k2QI4tjc
“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#7 Brennan

Initiate

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

Hm.. if there have been, they've been kept private.

I don't think any of the members here would do that, despite differences and perhaps some heavy clashing of ideologies, I believe everyone genuinely enjoys and/or respects everyone else. Naturally there have been a few exceptions, but they've been quickly removed from the forums without resorting to magick.

I believe it is commonly understood that mage-battles on a forum is, for lack of better words, dumb; ex.,

'Vanilla ice cream is the best. :3'

"Nay, sirrah, you are a fiend for enjoying such an unrefined flavor! Neapolitan is by far the best!"

'*clicks dislike button* You are a confused baboon! Vanilla reigns supreme!'

"you disliked my post?! I shall curse you for a hundred years!"

' Ha, fool! it is my god given right to dislike your post and you, you shall rue the day you ever posted! Taste the rainbow of.. Curse of the Swollen Uvula!!!"

"That was a skillful shot, well played, but a wizard should know better than to go against my preferred flavor of ice cream and your response to my comment is utterly distasteful! While your hex was strong, it did not defeat me nor my uvula & you have yet to feel the bite of my Servituores! I choose you, Araiganos; defeat mine foe!"

'Servitoures, eh? Impudence! You shall be on your knees before my mighty paowarz before the sun sets on the third night of the waning moon! Mark my words as they spell your DOOM! VANILLA ICE CREAM SHALL BE KNOWN AS THE BEST! >.<'

....because basically, that's what it would look like.

That was really fun to write.

#8 Reflectionseeker

• Old Timers
  • 435 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

TheCusp said:

I'm too new here to reminisce about the good old days.

Same here. Although the 31st August and 5th September were pretty good fun.

Brennan said:

this forum has quite a few hotties

Really? I thought everyone either looked like Anton LaVey or Gerard Way.Posted Image

Anyway, happy birthdaversary OC, and one of them shout-out things for getting it together.
Ne supra crepidam sutor iudicaret

#9 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,521 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

Happy birthday to the beat forum I know.

I've learned: to always be aware of your own Work, and that even the most bullshit question often has a serious answer
My favorite memory is the huge amount of feedback I got about preparing for an initiation. Also something about pictures of our members....
I regret nothing, but I could have been nicer to some people....and got my ass to a meetup.
I would love to see many projects completed...and maybe a different reputation system.
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down
I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users