Jump to content


* * * * - 1 votes

The "illuminati" As In The Nwo



71 replies to this topic

#61 thebard

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 535 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

also, nay, you did kind of avoid my answer to your claim. the post was inspired by your idea that the "illuminati" are the keepers of the secret. my point was to show the ambiguity.

i would be curious how you reconcile these ambiguities (the modern ones, as in the catholic associations that still persist with some of these "keepers") with your interpretation of the "illuminati".

#62 Son of the Wave

    Killer of Buddha

  • Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Strangely it's one of my favorite subjects of study as well. And it has been my interest in it that has led me to my perspective on it. I will say that my interest also lies in the psychology behind it as well. What you describe as "never get the point where I felt I knew even close to all of it" is the entire point if I were one to try to make a point here. The paranoid spends his whole time trying to know all of it and to figure out what it all means; it's a religion, a snare, a distraction. Politics is a religion. Religion represents the opposite of actual Gnosis. I know you could argue that the paranoid is seeking knowledge (a kind of gnosis) but it's more of a true-believer faith in thinking that all of these details will bring meaning to their existence. This is why as an occultist I can sympathize with this pursuit but they tend to lack the magical weapons I mentioned above. Here is a clue in something Jasun Horsley (not sure what name he's using these days) said in a recent blog article:

Quote

But gnosis can only occur in/from a state of agnosis. Knowledge can never come from belief, only from an acknowledgment of ignorance. Investigation comes from admitting ignorance combined with an intent to find out the truth, and to suspend all belief until knowledge has been gained.
EDIT: You posted again while I was posting. To answer that question... I don't reconcile those ambiguities. I delight in them.

Edited by Nalyd Khezr Bey, 19 September 2012 - 08:54 PM.


#63 thebard

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 535 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

yeah, like apophatic reasoning (revelation by negation). i dig it.

Edited by thebard, 19 September 2012 - 08:59 PM.


#64 Son of the Wave

    Killer of Buddha

  • Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

I prefer Apathetic Lucidity.

#65 Riva626

    Member

  • Old Timers
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

I'm glad someone has finally brought this up here where we might actually get some intelligent answers. Reading the opinions and fictions of losers from 4chan gets tiring after a while.

I totally agree with what a lot of people here are already aware of, that to be enlighted is to be illuminated so to speak. But it is hard not the believe that there are those who are trying to control the world in some respect (note i said 'trying').

I know i'm paranoid, but the truth is that everywhere I look I see occult symbolism which is usually associated with those dubbed 'The Illuminati'. It is rife within mainstream television, film and music. I could ramble on for hours about how these industries all seem to follow a seemingly sinister trend, but I won't bore you with the obvious. That being said, when was the last time that you looked at modern music video and didn't see the Eye of Horus, pyramids or other such symbols incorporated into the background or dancing itself?

I think Imperial Arts suggested in another topic that this may simply be accomplished magicians who have made it big in their respective fields by using the occult sciences. And while this may be true I find it hard to ignore that the symbolism is almost always the same across a range of mediums. Surely not all of these celebrities follow the same paradigm?

What frightens me the most though is that I don't know what all this means, clearly i'm just not illuminated on the subject.

Edited by Riva626, 15 October 2012 - 01:35 PM.


#66 thebard

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 535 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostRiva626, on 15 October 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

I'm glad someone has finally brought this up here where we might actually get some intelligent answers. Reading the opinions and fictions of losers from 4chan gets tiring after a while.

I totally agree with what a lot of people here are already aware of, that to be enlighted is to be illuminated so to speak. But it is hard not the believe that there are those who are trying to control the world in some respect (note i said 'trying').

I know i'm paranoid, but the truth is that everywhere I look I see occult symbolism which is usually associated with those dubbed 'The Illuminati'. It is rife within mainstream television, film and music. I could ramble on for hours about how these industries all seem to follow a seemingly sinister trend, but I won't bore you with the obvious. That being said, when was the last time that you looked at modern music video and didn't see the Eye of Horus, pyramids or other such symbols incorporated into the background or dancing itself?

I think Imperial Arts suggested in another topic that this may simply be accomplished magicians who have made it big in their respective fields by using the occult sciences. And while this may be true I find it hard to ignore that the symbolism is almost always the same across a range of mediums. Surely not all of these celebrities follow the same paradigm?

What frightens me the most though is that I don't know what all this means, clearly i'm just not illuminated on the subject.

there is no reason to think celebrities couldn't be under a similar paradigm. there are only a few production studios in hollywood. and only a few media moguls that control everything people watch on t.v. not to say that all celebrities would be aware of it mind you.

keep in mind too that the ancient druids found trees sacred, especially the oak. but they made wands out of holly trees - "hollywood". wands were used to "direct" the flow of events in various ways.

ancient persia was home to a group of powerful enchanters known as the medes from "media". the were useful in directing the flow of thought and actions as well.

nothing much has changed in the world save for technology and the losing of shared ethical paradigms.

Edited by thebard, 15 October 2012 - 05:57 PM.


#67 Riva626

    Member

  • Old Timers
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

View Postthebard, on 15 October 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

there is no reason to think celebrities couldn't be under a similar paradigm. there are only a few production studios in hollywood. and only a few media moguls that control everything people watch on t.v. not to say that all celebrities would be aware of it mind you.

keep in mind too that the ancient druids found trees sacred, especially the oak. but they made wands out of holly trees - "hollywood". wands were used to "direct" the flow of events in various ways.

ancient persia was home to a group of powerful enchanters known as the medes from "media". the were useful in directing the flow of thought and actions as well.

nothing much has changed in the world save for technology and the losing of shared ethical paradigms.

This definitely puts things in a new perspective.

#68 Atridr

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 256 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

I don't believe in Illuminati or the NWO, at least not in the sense most of the people seem to do. But to the question of "Are there clandestine groups of people out there who work together to maintain the ideological status quo or further certain social processes taking place in our time?" I would answer "Absolutely, but I don't claim to know who they are.". Since the Renaissance, world has become increasingly more secular and rational decade by decade, century by century. Considering the massive impact mystical thought and religious philosophies have had in human history, how come it's not told in history books, at least not in the ones used in schools? I think that someone wants the masses to forget, even if they can't wipe out all traces of magic the civilizations of past believed in. If they exist, they are those who would see only one religion - modern science - to be left standing. Because it's their religion.

#69 thebard

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 535 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostAtridr, on 31 January 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

I think that someone wants the masses to forget, even if they can't wipe out all traces of magic the civilizations of past believed in. If they exist, they are those who would see only one religion - modern science - to be left standing. Because it's their religion.

POST EDIT: nevermind my original rant.

instead a question. what is it about modern science, exactly, that affords said 'someone' to want it as the surrogate for the magic of the past?

Edited by thebard, 31 January 2013 - 07:28 PM.


#70 Atridr

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

View Postthebard, on 31 January 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

POST EDIT: nevermind my original rant.

instead a question. what is it about modern science, exactly, that affords said 'someone' to want it as the surrogate for the magic of the past?

Scientific way of thinking is in itself a magical paradigm, just like all the other ways of interpreting reality. Scientists just believe in the ability of reason to explain everything and dismiss what they don't understand as non-existent. In so doing the spread of scientific paradigm amongst the masses makes the world disenchanted and less open for magic and potential and ultimately even change or individual responsibility.

Now I can hear someone saying "But wait, science is not magic or religion! Science is empirically provable etc." Actually, even most of the scientists agree that their worldview is just as much a product of belief, social agreement and tradition than any other world-view, they just argue that it's better than the rest because it's based on reason, not faith, intuition or mysticism. Most scientists either lack ability in intuition or distrust methods that can't be "proven", and thus choose to believe in reason and empirical evidence. From such foundations is built our least-common-denominator-dystopia.

But I'm not saying that your average scientist is a member of some kind of world-spanning conspiracy hell-bent on domination of mankind. But it's a fact, that the scientific institution in itself, the loose global network comprising of universities, individual scientific thinkers, research organizations, think-tanks, people working in the industry and research facilities is de facto power in our age that determines, or at least influences what the masses believe in. And it's not just some kind of by-product of the workings of said institution. There are many very influential scientists out there, in all fields and faculties, that actively work to promote reason and combat ideologically what they see as "superstition" or "non-scientific thought" in society.

#71 thebard

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 535 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

well put.

#72 Aurum

    Senior Member

  • Old Timers
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

In regards to the NWO, I've seen Youtube vids of the EU being likened to it, with all of its onerous regulations being imposed. For an example of this you can see it here:

https://www.youtube....h?v=bsxkCF4W-NY

For instance, the EU had 454 regulations regarding towels. When regulations become over-the-top like this, it does seem to draw the independence away from the country.

There was a recent BBC article on the so-called origins of the Illuminati: http://www.bbc.com/t...-the-illuminati

It basically echoes the wiki page. The Bavarian society had eventually recruited Free Masons, and then after around 10 years, the article says the society dissipated because Bavarian officials found "anti-state" material.

It's kind of ironic that this Illuminati group was meant to have had objectives of extricating religious hegemony in parts of society as in universities, but the Illuminati as we know it today has garnered a reputation for being too controlling or too pervasive behind the scenes.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users