- - - - -

Help The Lakota Buy Back The Black Hills!

23 replies to this topic

#21 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

http://www.moodycoun...3&story_id=4076

How's yesterday for recent :-D
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#22 Qaexl

• Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationAZ, US

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

View Postvoidgazing, on 23 January 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

http://www.moodycoun...3&story_id=4076

How's yesterday for recent :-D

I wish I could do a +2 :-D

-Qaexl

#23 Qaexl

• Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationAZ, US

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Also: this is interesting karma to me. I wonder how it will play out.

The land was controlled and seized, went into private ownership. Then sold. Transfer of power from out of nothing. I'm not sure if the previous owner was simply realizing an investment (what does that mean, karmically, anyways?). Was it underlying greed? Insecurity? Magically speaking, does owning title to sacred land does something to bind it to you?

Since coming out to the Western states of America, I've been noticing lots of unresolved karma like this. It is much easier to see in than on the East Coast. It seems like, the East Coast is saturated with "Old World Karma", layers upon layers of it had already settled into most of the land. Old World karma haunts the East Coast like so much hungry ghosts. But the West is young, the wounds are still gaping open, nothing yet settled.

Ah well. "In lak'ech."

-Qaexl

#24 Qaexl

• Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationAZ, US

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Ah. I see. We (as members of American society) don't know how to resolve karma through anything other than money.

I keep rambling...

-Qaexl

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users