- - - - -

Fixing Occult Corpus

8 replies to this topic

#1 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

A few months back we changed platforms which in turn caused all types of problems. Many of these problems are seemingly unfixable, and many of those that are fixable will simply require a LOT of time to resolve.

So with that, we will be changing platforms again (to Xenforo) which will (should) fix many of the issues, and will get us back to what we should have been for the last couple of years... a discussion board for the occult.

This means, when we change we will be once again focusing on getting back to the basics....which means, OccultCorpus.com will be a forum first and foremost.

We will expand from the outside at that point, but adding a 3rd party blog (likely a LiveJournal clone), a new article based system (likely a closed Wiki), and will be dropping the gallery for the most part (though some OC specific) images will be hosted on the server.

The planed date for this change is, well, soon...

When this change happens, it will take some time. During this time I will be closing most of the corpus. The Social Aspects boards will remain open for general chatting, but anything posted there at that time will be lost once the migration is completed. New memberships will also be closed during this time which will not effect existing members).

Once the migration is complete, we will need to tweak out a few things, but once it's live posting will resume as normal.

I will do my best to keep everyone posted as to when these things happen and what steps in the process we are in. Till then, consider this a heads up to impending major changes!

Q

#2 Tenebrae

• Old Timers
  • 446 posts
  • LocationI roam...

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Here's to the future.

Posted Image

Artwork by: http://kate.strolen.com

"What wondrously wicked webs we weave..." -Tenebrae

#3 Minmo

• Old Timers
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

I can't wait to see all dem thread I've been missing out on :)
How serious? So? Give me time.

#4 Issit

• Old Timers
  • 737 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Very good to hear!

:)

Posted Image

#5 Jastiv

• Old Timers
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

Do you know how long this forum will be in transition?
I know how these server admin things can take longer than you might first think.

#6 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

Honestly, it should only take a few hours... I am giving it a much longer window then that.

The actual down time on the OC will be slight though, but areas of the site will be down to cut down on any lost data. Meaning, that only the social boards will be up, to allow general chatter (and occult discussion) though everything posted during this time WILL be lost.

#7 FraterSeraph

Enigma

• Old Timers
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:58 AM

*fingers crossed* Hoping the transition goes well, and wanted to express my gratitude to you for all the time and effort you pour into this forum and it's associated bits floating in cyberspace.

#8 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

we will be doing some back end tweaking/testing over the next week or so (starting this weekend) doing some trials and the like, so there may be a little bit of lag involved, as well as some short bouts of possible downtime.

#9 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

This has been put on hold till further notice, and will likely spring up on us all at once, lol.

The webby team on the server side is having a life transition, and the host is having a migration.... the changes will take place once things settle down.

Sorry for the delay.

*sigh*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users