- - - - -

Reporting Posts, Trouble With Other Members/site

7 replies to this topic

#1 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

There are FOUR administrators on the Occult Corpus at this time.
voidgazing & Curious Cat are here to help, and have full administrative powers, and Myself, and Appalachian Crone, have the final say in all things. There is also the moderating staff which is here to assist you.

If you have any issues feel free to contact any one of us. Your troubles will be discussed, and dealt with as the team feels is most just....however, the fastest and most effective way to let any of us know something is to simply report the post.

Sadly, there are a few select individuals that seemingly would rather post things publicly, either in starting a new thread, or by posting in other threads. THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO DEAL WITH THINGS.
  • If you have any issues with another member's post, REPORT THE POST
  • If you are getting nasty PMs REPORT THE PM
  • If you are getting nasty emails from another member forward the email (including full header information) to me (qryztufre@gmail.com). (instructions to get full header information)
  • If you have any other type of issues please contact a moderator, and if your issue is with a moderator, contact an administrator. If you have issues with an administrator, contact me personally either through PM here, or email (as I posted above).
In the last week, these public posts/threads have been a complete disregard for the system (which has been in place since day one) has been ignored. In the future, such threads/posts may be considered DRAMA (which is a bannable offense at worst) or Disruptive (which in must cases is most certainly infraction worthy).

Likewise, starting a new thread based off of one locked or deleted is also punishable with an infraction, and simply continuing to post about things that have been deleted is by all means disruptive.

I am doing my best to get a few things fixed around here and do not wish to use my limited time babysitting the few bad apples that are quickly spoiling the whole bunch... so PLEASE report bad posts, and notify the moderating team of problem members.

Thank you for your time, & sorry for this rant,
Q

Edited by Qryztufre, 10 July 2012 - 12:10 PM.
added full header link

#2 Jakalab

• Old Timers
  • 286 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

Is there any way that you could post examples of such posts/PM's/etc?

The only reason I ask is because I'm not sure what would be considered infraction/ban worthy. Of course, if they contain any personal information then I can understand why you wouldn't post them.
'Targets previously assigned for Centerboard remain unchanged.'

#3 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

Personal attacks, threats, harassment, name calling, flooding, or anything that breaks the guidelines of the site should be reported. If you feel it's crossing personal lines, feel free to report it. If you are being too harsh, a mod will let ya know.

#4 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,528 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:25 AM

Man I lose power and Internet access for a few days and look what happens. This answers a few things...
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down
I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down

#5 Spida

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

Couldn't access the OC index page for a couple days.

ERROR: 502 Bad Gateway.

No reply expected, just a mention, that's all.

Cheers

Edited by Spida, 11 March 2017 - 04:31 PM.

#6 Spida

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

I see these new bogus members what seems like everyday. I don't know how often they are removed, but they sure clutter up the Member Database with BS. It's always the same format. What seems like a normal prefix(maybe 5 characters) followed by a three character suffix.

I know this is probably a Web App/Bot, but was wondering if they have actual people creating these accounts to get around the measures set up to filter the Bots. Using a similar format to distinguish their bogus accounts. But yeah, the format says Bot/Program

I don't expect a response.

Edited by Spida, 30 May 2017 - 01:32 PM.

#7 violetstar

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:14 PM

I think some of them are running adverts-usual Russian.
Nothing is more learned than Silence

#8 Spida

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

View Postvioletstar, on 09 June 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

I think some of them are running adverts-usual Russian.

Yes. I noticed that. That is what actually confirmed to me that they were Spam Bots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users