- - - - -

A Passing Of One Of Our Members

21 replies to this topic

#1 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

It is with a heavy heart and much grief that I must announce to OC that one of our Founders has passed away. I just received a phone call from his daughter in law informing me of the news.

Alexander passed away at his home a few minutes ago. I spoke with him on the phone last week. I am thankful I had that last phone call with him. I never expected it to happen so soon.

We had our ups and downs in our friendship, but I still called him a friend throughout. We talked a lot on the phone the past few years and were very close.

My heart breaks for him and his family at this time. I thought some of you may want to know.

I am that Columbine!

#2 The Stalking Hyena

• Old Timers
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Condolences to you and his family for your loss. May his soul be at rest.
Ars est celare artem.

Deviant Art gallery:
http://stalkinghyena...rt.com/gallery/

#3 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Thank you, I am so very upset right now.

I am that Columbine!

#4 Curious Cat

Nanwu

• Owner
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I am very sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you and his family.

#5 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,521 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

Blessings to you and his family. May his journey across the Veil be swift and easy.
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down
I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down

#6 Shadow-Gnostikoi

Absolute Yang

• Old Timers
  • 916 posts
  • LocationAstral Zion

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

May he Rest In Peace. Condolences...
Praise Ye Shakti, Hail The Empress, Queen of Queens...
To A Fullness, I Have to Express, The Devi that I Hold Within...

#7 ChaosTech

Venerable Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:20 AM

http://occultcorpus....5780-alexander/

Here is the link to his member page for those (like me) who didn't know him, but wanted to pay our respects. :(

For nearly 20 years I meditated on and studied that which has no name, but is absolute, infinite, beyond both small and large. Finally one day I realized the limits of my sentient consciousness. It has all power over whether we are it or dual. There is no choice of the nondual, for choice is dual. Just be, live, do what you will, with love and wisdom. As Hermes said, in a time yet unborn, all shall be one, and one shall be all. True enlightenment has nothing to do with attainment. It's an inner peace, that there is nothing to be done, I call it surrender to the Spirit.

#8 Caliban

rough beast

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

I am so sorry to hear that. You are in my thoughts.

"There is a crack, a crack through everything. That is how the light gets in." -- Leonard Cohen

#9 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:51 AM

Condolences- I wish there were something I could say to make it hurt less.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#10 Spraypaint

Still Posting

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:03 AM

View PostAppalachian Crone, on 17 May 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Thank you, I am so very upset right now.

Posted Image
No longer posting

Pray and Know that the world is Good. Do penitential rites and cleansings. Make yourself pure and humble. After that, then most of your dross will be swept away by Divine Joy.
wren

#11 Alice

• Banned
  • 883 posts
  • LocationNot here!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

Though we never met, I'm sure he will be missed. I am sorry for your loss and that of all those close to him, though I cannot say I am sorry for his passing. He has attained a higher state of awareness than any of us will ever know until we follow in his footsteps. He has been given the gift of an understanding of the events of his life.

I have always tried to think of death as a long journey, one from which our loved ones will not return, and from which they cannot always send us messages, except in subtle little ways; but one in which we know we will someday follow them and meet them wherever they are.

I also cannot wish him peace. Instead I will say, may his journey continue and may it be a productive and enlightening one.

Alexander, may you never lose sight of your path, may there always be a light for you at the journey's end, and may you find what you seek,

Alice

#12 PheonixAlpha

• Old Timers
  • 387 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Sorry to hear that, I will light a candle and wish him a safe journey on.
There is no such thing as ugliness there are only prejudiced eyes.

It is the wise person who looks not only from the height as an eagle or from the depths as a fish but from the view of an ant or an elephant and everything in between, but an even wiser person remembers there own perspective must not be ignored less you miss the beauty that is within you or perhaps that tiger creeping up from behind.

#13 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

I am sorry for his passing and I also wish him peace. Our last phone call very recently, we discussed a lot of personal things. His greatest wish was to have a hand to hold as he passed. He lost his wife several years ago. He had no one but a long distance friend that shared conversation through phone calls. I won't go into detail because thinking about that call breaks my heart. So I do feel sorry for his passing so soon and knowing his life, love, feelings, thoughts, etc., I wish him much peace as well. I am thankful he passed as he did, but hurting badly that he had to pass at all. I have held many hands in death and if I could have, I would have been there for my friend to hold his as he desired someone to do. I suppose if one did not know him, they would not understand. I did, and I do and it is very difficult for me to face it all right now because instead of waiting a few more days, I should have called him this weekend, I felt a pull there and felt like he was needing me...and I put off the call for a few days because the last call was so very painful. I have no doubt he knows how much I cared for him and his friendship. I miss him, I will miss him....and I regret there were not more days for him to share with those who did know and care.

I am that Columbine!

#14 Whispers

• Moderators
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

That is very sad.
I will be lighting a candle for him.

#15 Mr. Gordo

Old School

• Board of Directors
  • 868 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

Condolences to his family

Even if my body should be burnt to death
In the fires of hell,
I would endure it for myriad lifetimes
As your companion in practice
- Gandavyuha Sutra

#16 aoz

• Banned
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNot Here!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

I never know if I should respond to these kind of things, when I do not know the deceased personally....but something is telling me to.

I am sad to hear of this. I am not sad for Alexander himself, as death is but part of every human's journey, but I am sad to hear of the lonely manor in which he passed. Also, I feel sadness for those he left behind. It is apparent that he has made a huge impact on a lot of lives

#17 mephisto256

• Old Timers
  • 58 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, Alabama

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

I dont know this man, but apparently he was a GREAT man to those who knew him well. My condolences goes out to you and yours, and I know it emotionally hurts like hell, but know that Im pretty sure that he is going through an exciting point in his existence. Take some time to just "Get it out" take you a point today and just sit back reflect until you cant cry no more and you start to feel his presence comfort you, or your angel's hand. Either way it go, im pretty sure u have enough emotional energy to "Call out" for that spiritual assurance that the passing sometimes gives us. Ask for signs that lets you know that THEY are fine. My girlfriend after losing her grandmother, then the grandfather 3 months later ask for a sign from God after leaving the funeral. Well her grandfather built planes, the BIG model planes, that his niche. She looked up, and saw 2 planes flying side by side, not jets, but the old style of planes like he built. And if u live in Nashville, then you know the airport is in the city so planes take off and approach at familiar angels, the planes looked like the had just took off from another airport, and we didnt see them untill they were bout 1000 feet from the ground. I thought, well this was wierd, she was stunned and mouth dropped. Untill she told me what she silently asked for.

#18 z0b

• Old Timers
  • 976 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

very sorry for your loss

#19 aoz

• Banned
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNot Here!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

I just realized he was one of the founders of this site. That makes me want to honor him even more......

I can't even begin to tell the world how much of an impact Occult Corpus has had in my life.

I may never have known you Alexander, but thank you....you've impacted so more lives than you'll ever know

#20 Alice

• Banned
  • 883 posts
  • LocationNot here!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:39 AM

This place is one hell of a legacy. There's a little bit of immortality.

May you find what you seek,
Alice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users