- - - - -

Information About Voodoo and Traditional African Religions?

28 replies to this topic

#21 Caliban

rough beast

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:56 AM

Have you explored those sites? What did you get out of them? What questions did they raise? What points of curiosity did they answer.

That is, links are all well and good, but I would hope we all can use a search engine ourselves, and this is a discussion forum.

"There is a crack, a crack through everything. That is how the light gets in." -- Leonard Cohen

#22 Spraypaint

Still Posting

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostCaliban, on 10 June 2012 - 04:56 AM, said:

That is, links are all well and good, but I would hope we all can use a search engine ourselves, and this is a discussion forum.

Search Engines are the worst means for finding information. Asking people is better.

I got this from other forums. A wide variety of them and a lot of them were not even closely related to ATRs. The only reason I'm not saying where is because I am following the example you set for us a while back. You made a post about the qliphoth on another forum (which I lurk at but don't post on) and it was very very good. Then you mentioned you did here, but you said it would be wrong to re post it here.

So I'm doing the same.

Edited by Spraypaint, 10 June 2012 - 05:34 AM.

No longer posting

Pray and Know that the world is Good. Do penitential rites and cleansings. Make yourself pure and humble. After that, then most of your dross will be swept away by Divine Joy.
wren

#23 Vivian Zoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Nah Santeria isn't that dangerous, it's just saint worship and Catholics being closet-pagans. My first taste of witchcraft was Santeria I picked up from my mom who is a Mexico native. Its just a more vigorous petition from patron saints whom they seriously honor like mini-gods. The only saint that is dangerous,or can be, is Santa Muerte (St. Death) who
has a serious cult following especially among the drug cartels.

#24 Spraypaint

Still Posting

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

The only saint that is dangerous,or can be, is Santa Muerte (St. Death) who
has a serious cult following especially among the drug cartels.

Saint Cyprian of Antinoch is supposed to be able to control and level out her energies.
No longer posting

Pray and Know that the world is Good. Do penitential rites and cleansings. Make yourself pure and humble. After that, then most of your dross will be swept away by Divine Joy.
wren

#25 Curtis Penfold

• Old Timers
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

I've been talking with an individual who's been serving Santa Muerte for many years now, and he loves her a lot and says that she's taught him many great things about life. She helps him remember death and live each day to the fullest. And he says she's a protector for him.

I've been interested in serving her, and have yet to have any of her followers tell me that she's dangerous. It seems that those who don't follow her believe this myth that she's dangerous.

#26 Taren Etcher

• Old Timers
  • 164 posts
  • Locationniagra

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

You should follow her and see where she leads you.,
is a patron saint of death dangerous?
Of course not
Now her followers. whom in mexico i have had the honor to pass on occasion. Now mark my words they are dangerous.
The murderous cartels though, could all be a myth perpetuated by those who don't understand them
you never know
Qoud fuit est sicut qoud erit, et qoud erit est sicut qoud fuit, ad perpetranda miracula aeternitatis

#27 MarkX

• Old Timers
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

E.A.Koetting/Baron de Prince [love the name]: The Spider and the Green Butterfly - This book is the biggest load of horse shit.

#28 Kuroyagi

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationCentral Europe

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostMarkX, on 05 February 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

E.A.Koetting/Baron de Prince [love the name]: The Spider and the Green Butterfly - This book is the biggest load of horse shit.
I have in the interim already read a few pamphlets by Basil Crouch and liked them. Although they did contain some superstitions, sorcerous gypsy beliefs and a mythical fictional sheen I deem this author as good, not in a dogmatic sense but as inspirational for further exploration.

As an occultist one needs to be able to use such also imaginary traits of a text in magical work, and if you cannot recognize psychical, psychological, metaphorical and mythical truths, then you are clearly in the wrong business. The danger of not being able to value such truths as 'true but also belonging to various spheres', could easily be that it makes you look for Noah’s Ark in Eastern Turkey or a purely physical Holy Grail as an object d’art…which would waste part of your time (connoting an inflexibility of and in your belief in what IS real). Although I must admit that I haven’t read that specific one from those authors, yet, so I could be completely wrong. ;)

Edited by Kuroyagi, 05 February 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#29 meaculpa

• Old Timers
  • 411 posts
  • LocationMetro Detroit

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

Just as a side note - Santa Muerte has nothing to do with Santeria. :)
Spiritual goods:
https://www.facebook.com/AncestralWitch https://www.etsy.com...tch?ref=si_shop
Your home for handmade creams, perfumes, soaps and more:
https://www.facebook...roCreamsPerfume

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users