What is Akychi magick?

Akychi

12 replies to this topic

#1 Insombrium

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:31 AM

I've only been able to find a few references online, with people wanting to sell it, and no real definition to what it is. Can anyone help fill in the blanks, which are numerous at present?

#2 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

After a 10 minute research fest on Google I ran across a few quotes like this.

Akychi magic originated in fiction stories and gaming as far as I know. I have never found ANY mention of Akychi magic that was not attached to a spell casters site that collected money in some way.
The name Akychi is first found in the orient, yet I have never even seen an Asian practitioner of the claimed craft.
From what I have seen and read, the spells are composed of the same types of items and activities as wiccan type spells.
Spells, though the focus and concentration can be affected by the herbs, candles, and what not, are more importantly, the product of the heart and mind of the witch. Creating the energy in the proper frequency and making sure it is strong enough to bend the energy around you is the true source of the power. Spells cast from afar by strangers rarely work.
I urge to not send any of these people money for spell casting or for witch school!.

Every rescource I found were gaudy webpages which were rife with descriptions of love spells, ancient societies built on Love and Submission, spurious links to Egypt, and charges for training/cast/initation/magic hats/astral downloads/etc. Casters are described as possessing Ranks/Levels and dwelling in the Moonlit Garden. It sounds like crap to me...but I'm judgemental.

Here are a few links
http://www.akychi.com
http://mywitchcraftspells.com/2-1.html
A practirioner's LinkedIN
http://www.thepermanent.com/join.htm You can join the Order for $100 a year! They also sell invisibility caps!

Edited by Morrigan, 13 February 2012 - 03:12 AM.

Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down
I am going to stand my ground

#3 Iago

The DUKE of FLUKE

• Old Timers
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSnowy Wastes

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

How strange. Morrigan's absolutely right and from what I gather, it seems as though the term may have actually been invented by the "buy our spells and change your life" market, because I honestly can't find it anywhere else. Egypt is mentioned, but that's about it. I'm a little confused to be honest :huh: There's one "Akychi Group" that, as a reward for joining them (which I assume costs money), you get to buy their spells at half price! Wow, what a deal!

Insombrium, you may be better served by steering clear of this crap altogether.

SCIENTIAM SAPIENTIS, SAPIENTIAM PVER

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

The gods, they are but masks. Who is wearing them?

#4 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

Oh my GAWD! Ashra won Best Spellcaster of the Year TWICE!!!

Somebody run and fucking tell Dumbledore!

Thank you so much for asking about this Insombrium, I haven't laughed this hard in days and days. I do feel bad for all the folks who have paid money for these 'ancient Egyptian Wiccan magic spells'...
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#5 Iago

The DUKE of FLUKE

• Old Timers
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSnowy Wastes

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:15 AM

I wouldn't mind being on one of those Best Spellcaster judge panels, though B)

#6 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

View Postvoidgazing, on 13 February 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

Oh my GAWD! Ashra won Best Spellcaster of the Year TWICE!!!

Somebody run and fucking tell Dumbledore!

Thank you so much for asking about this Insombrium, I haven't laughed this hard in days and days. I do feel bad for all the folks who have paid money for these 'ancient Egyptian Wiccan magic spells'...

Yeah...the Invisibility caps got me. The webpage was down when I clicked the link. I thought " Boy those fuckers must work wonders. Even the Internet can't see them"
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
Leave our bellies full

#7 Insombrium

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

The most I could gather, was it was genetically inherent and those people with it, had/made the most powerful spells on earth. Either their grimoires were lost to time, the knowledge sank like the emerald tablets with Atlantis, or it was complete Bullshit to begin with. The idea of the most powerful spells on earth seemed so desirable... Thanks to everyone who responded, for putting those desires to rest.

#8 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostInsombrium, on 15 February 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

The most I could gather, was it was genetically inherent and those people with it, had/made the most powerful spells on earth. Either their grimoires were lost to time, the knowledge sank like the emerald tablets with Atlantis, or it was complete Bullshit to begin with. The idea of the most powerful spells on earth seemed so desirable... Thanks to everyone who responded, for putting those desires to rest.

In my few years in the occult I've discovered that one fo the msot important skills a magus can learn is Bullshit detection. This is one such case, in my opinion, where that skill is needed. Allure of power, sex, huge genitals, and farts that smell like Old Spice are everywhere.
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
Leave our bellies full

#9 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Spells are like maths: without understanding, a formula is of no use. With understanding, a formula can be applied. With greater understanding, it can be applied more effectively to more situations and more formulas will reveal themselves. Formulas have no power of their own, they just sit there on the paper until you make them dance.

So their whole deal is kind of like someone claiming they have a genetic predisposition to being good at jazz, and special secret trombones.

If only there were a spell that could convert such writing to actual bullshit, we might at least be able to fertilize some flowers with it.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#10 Brennan

Initiate

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

I actually have some spells that are for increasing plant growth! I'd be willing to share them, of course, you would need to join my order....
$300 initial down-payment fee for the initial "testing period" of indeterminate time, in which a monthly $100 subscription fee must be paid monthly..

The best part? It's Totally legit.
From the inside, out..

#11 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

Did you win a spellcaster award? Do you have a website to offer as impartial evidence?
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
Leave our bellies full

#12 Brennan

Initiate

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

Website shmebsite! all Real wizards meet Astrully... after paying the subscription fee... :P
From the inside, out..

#13 Iago

The DUKE of FLUKE

• Old Timers
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSnowy Wastes

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostBrennan, on 25 February 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Website shmebsite! all Real wizards meet Astrully... after paying the subscription fee... :P
I just got an image of a ghostly astral bouncer, snapping his fingers and looking at the bright, glowy ledger that appears...

"You're not on the astral list."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users