Symbolic Meaning of Otters

2 replies to this topic

#1 Alice

• Banned
  • 883 posts
  • LocationNot here!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

I just need to know the common interpretation of otters as a symbol in dreams, thanks.

May you find what you seek,
Landra

#2 Caliban

rough beast

• Moderators
  • 4,449 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

Otters are related to the water element, as river creatures. Also, from their general behavior, they can symbolize playfulness. Are you being invited to return to a playful attitude in some area of your life, now that there's been some water under the bridge?

"There is a crack, a crack through everything. That is how the light gets in." -- Leonard Cohen

#3 Alice

• Banned
  • 883 posts
  • LocationNot here!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:17 AM

Nothing that light hearted I'm afraid. Twice now I've dreamed of a wide pit in the ground at the base of an oak tree, scattered with dead otters in various states of decay. Ordinarily I'm fairly accomplished at dream interpretation, I even offer them as a service through Art of Creation, but this one is bothering me.

I have fond memories of watching the otters at the Virginia Marine Science Museum (which I continue to refuse to call the Virginia Aquarium), and the whole playfulness thing definitely fits. Thank you for reminding me of what I already know.

We're moving next month, and I won't be seeing them again. Been under a lot of stress lately, so an appropriate interpretation may be either my subconscious dealing with a little separation anxiety; or my mind's morbid way of reminding me to relax and have some fun; or a little of both.

May you find what you seek,
Landra

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users