* * * * * 1 votes

My method for building servitors

11 replies to this topic

#1 Caotteppeg

• Old Timers
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

Sharing is caring, right? So here's one way of building servitors - my way. I really like symbols and symbology, so my method is pretty heavy on that.

First, I decide what the servitor's going to do:
  • What it will do
  • What physical object it will be bound to
  • Where it will get its energy from
  • How long it will operate
  • Anything that it should *not* do

Sometimes I'll pre-choose a name and form for it, sometimes I'll let those emerge on their own.

Once I know how it's going to work, I write The Program.

For every piece of information that I know about how I want the servitor to behave, I scour my books and the internet for symbols that correspond to that. I will develop small drawings, combinations of symbols connected and positioned in such a way that I feel the drawing conveys the intent of that particular aspect of the servitor, based on the meanings of the symbols.

http://symbols.com/ is a fantastic, though at times circular, online resource for this. I have my own book where I've collected all the symbols that I like from various places, including some that I created.

All of the small drawings are then arranged together, and connected (with more, germane symbols!) to form the "program" of the servitor: a complex, intricate drawing comprised of many symbols, that represents all aspects of the servitor's operation.

This drawing will be inscribed, one way or another, on the physical object that the servitor will be bound to - its physical link to this world - but that's later.

Here's an example program from a servitor that has since reached the end of its operating time frame, and been disassembled:

Posted Image

My next step is to abstract the program, forming The Seal.

I abstract The Program by removing the specifics of the program - if, for example, there were a portion of the program representing "time limit of 3 months," I would remove the "3 months" part, leaving just the information that there's a time limit.

This first abstraction serves as an "gateway" to the servitor - anywhere that The Seal is placed serves as a link for communication and energy transfer back-and-forth from the servitor. When used in a magical working, communication or energy pushed into or drawn from The Seal will flow, if at all possible.

The primary reason for the abstraction is so that the servitor can be referenced, summoned, and drawn upon in other workings of mine, and even third-parties, without revealing its inner workings, and potentially making it easy to manipulate or corrupt it.

The secondary reason is so that The Program may be thought of as a way to birth a servitor, and that same servitor re-used with the Seal - rather than having The Program used for both creation and reference - leading to situations where it might be unclear whether creation of a new entity, or use of the old was intended.

Here's The Seal for the above Program:

Posted Image

The final step of preparation is to abstract The Seal, forming The Sigil.

The sigil is formed by, well, sigil-izing The Seal to form a yet-more-abstract glyph. For The Sigil, preserving the symbols from The Program and The Seal in their entirety is not necessary - all that is is that The Sigil evokes the idea of The Program.

The Sigil is an "eye" for the servitor, through which it may choose to look, listen, speak, or send or receive energy. This contrasts with The Seal, which offers the servitor no choice. For giving The Servitor an eye in a new place, or requesting its assistance in some related magickal working, The Sigil is appropriate. With The Seal, one can command the servitor. With The Sigil, one can make requests to it.

To make a (perhaps unnecessary) parallel with the computing world, The Program is the servitor itself, which, if one possesses it, grants full and total control and knowledge of the servitor. The Seal grants read/write permissions, and The Sigil allows read-only access.

Here's The Sigil for the above Seal:

Posted Image

Once the three glyphs have been prepared, it's time to activate the servitor.

This process varies for each servitor - I just pick some relevant spirits, deities, or other energies to the servitor's intent and whip up an invocation.

The ritual is just this invocation, while I inscribe/affix The Program to the physical object to which the servitor will be bound.

If I haven't chosen a name or appearance yet, I meditate afterwards and allow the servitor to form and reveal itself.

Let's review the end result:

You have created a servitor. Either it has a name and form that you chose, or it revealed its name and form to you in meditation.

The servitor is bound to a physical object in this world, to which its Program is attached. To dismantle the servitor, destroy the image of The Program.

The servitor can be commanded in other magickal workings with its Seal. You can carry a Seal with you to always have access to the servitor's base/core, or you can work the Seal into other magickal rituals to command its assistance in the ritual.

The servitor can be contacted through its Sigil. Use the Sigil to expand the servitor's sphere of influence, or give the Sigil to other magicians to allow them to draw on (and energize) the servitor in their own works.

Finally, a few notes.

As the creator of the servitor, you probably won't need the Seal or Sigil on-hand to communicate with or command the servitor - the servitor was, after all, born of and comprised of your own mental and spiritual energy, and as such is somewhat a part of you. You don't need special instructions to wave your hand, so you probably won't need special help to manage your own servitor.

To make an extended analogy, you may sometimes partake in feats of manual dexterity which require great planning and concentration - so, while you don't need special help for normal tasks with your hands, sometimes it doesn't hurt to expend the extra effort - so too with the Seal and Sigil.

However, if I were to, say, create lots of defensive servitors, and wanted to weave them all together to protect my house, in addition to telling them about that desire, and having programmed them to do it, I'd also create a seal or two, using each of their seals, to effect that effect.

And that's how the leopard got its stripes.

#2 Caotteppeg

• Old Timers
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

Shame on me! I neglected an important part of this post:

Okay, so that's how I do it. Would anyone else like to share?

#3 ChaosTech

Venerable Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:40 AM

Seems like a good method to creating servitors. I use the following guidance when making servitors:

Create a sigil out of the varying methods that encapsulates what your servitor does and what it's name is.

Meditate quieting the mind, till a state of gnosis is achieved. Gently take some of your own aether (chi, prana, psi, etc) and channel it through your hands or third eye into a floating ball before you. Once you have concentrated the energy for 10 minutes atleast, form it into the shape of your servitor. (I usually make my servitors look like animated armor, with light for eyes, and in their hand(s) an instrument representing what they are created for).

Program your servitor's function and or lifespan, into the formed energy. Do this by focusing on the sigil of the servitor, engraving it upon it's chest or head, and or intensely focusing on the "instructions," that give the servitor function and life.

Draw a picture of your servitor with it's sigil on a piece of paper and put it on your altar or somewhere where it will not be lost. This is your magical link to the servitor should it ever malfunction, become semi-conscious, or in some other way deviate from it's orginal design. This is also the means by which you will terminate the servitor if it doesn't have a built in lifespan or you wish to terminate it early.

To terminate it manually, focus on the picture and sigil and know there is a magical link to your servitor from it. Then focus intensely on sending a kill signal to the construct, untill all it's aether is reabsorbed back into you and it's form has deteriorated. Then burn, scatter to the winds, or bury the paper. If you want to keep it, you can manually remove the magical link and "instructions," embedded into the paper and keep it in a notebook of past servitors you've created as a magickal record.
[i]There are no gods but God, we know him through his order, his mind, the the miracle Jesus Christ. Give up most magic, give up enlightenment and or transcendence. No one can behold God, infinite is beyond, submit and know it creates and sustains creation forever. No true limit, no true death, no true nothingness. E=MC2, and gain and sustainability are greater than loss. The universe infinitely is expanding, growing becoming better and more immortal as are we. Resist evil, for it is an excess, ultimately a lie of true death. There is hell, as the Bible says, but there is choice! Choose wisely. Human origins, cosmic life, magical creatures, heaven, hell, earth and purgatory, many religions. Fascinating indeed, but in this world, no man was like Jesus Christ, and has the worlds largest faith.[\i]

#4 mrblack

• Old Timers
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Here's my method of creating a servitor, based off Cunninghams book I think. I have left
some parts that I think will compromise my servitor but not parts that can help make a servitor.

Basically, I wanted to create a servitor that will collect energy from wherever I ask it to
and distribute it to whom or what ever I direct it to.

ESHE (Energy Store House Entity)

Specific Intent: To store and distribute energy.
Energy Source: From the energy it collected.
Appearance: White ball of light, electric power plugs to absorb and distribute.
Housing: NA
Activation: When I call it.
Life Span: By my will or when I die.
Programming Symbol: Sigil Pictograph of entity.

First, I created the pictograph symbol of ESHE. I was thinking of just creating a purely
astral being but I wanted it to be somewhat tied in the physical realm as well. That method
just leaves me with options, if need be, later on in life.

Second, I created a magickal field to stimulate the environment. It would be nice if you can
reinforce the idea of that you are creating an entity in this zone. I didn`t do it for this servitor
since the banishing rite I use covers that kind of thing.

Then I create a rite (incantation) that covers what I want the entity from what I wrote with the
above description.

Third, I go into my `power`mode - check it out, dial it in and amp it up.....

Fourth, I chant my incantation 3x putting as much will and emotion as I can to it. Once that
is done, I meditate and visualize the entity - taking in as much detail as I can, animating the task
it will do in my head, have it run through the ropes to be exact.

I name thee ESHE and from this day, you will be known as such.
It is through my will that I call you to into being, you have been given life so that you can absorb,
and distribute energy at my direction.
With you name and this symbol, you are to exist in the astral and physical plane but I am able to
contact you with ease and at any time I desire and you will appear before me
Know this, ESHE, that you are my servant and can be unmade if it is my will to do so.
Go in peace, ESHE, and begin you task, remembering to appear to me quickly when called upon.
Be on your way, my will be done.

Notes:
This was my first successful servitor creation that I am quite impressed with. Only one take and it`s
following instructions according to a T. One of my main problems before when creating a servitor
was how to create custom instructions for it; where it would feed, other misc instructions.

I also planned on creating a simple servitor whereas my previous forays had too many things it
had to do. Don`t get me wrong though, while it is a simple servitor - it`s also like a swiss army knife,
the things I can do with it.

I`ve only had it created for a couple of days and it`s still in beta testing but I find it quite impressive.
I`ve had it absorb energy from the sun and use the energy for my workings - recently, I`ve had it
sap my brain to wake me up when I was falling asleep.

I plan on creating a couple of more servitors with this method.

#5 null

• Old Timers
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Is it important just to write when the servitor dies, and with what it will feed, or in the process of animating it, you tell him those things?

Edited by null, 10 March 2012 - 09:07 PM.

Thank Heavens!

#6 Brennan

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

I don't really go about it from such a list-y method. I consider a servitor as a personality, so that's where I start. I "feel out" the need/s that I have in my life, and figure out what kind of being, what kind of personality, would be best suited for that.

A basic example I could give is for when in my not-so-distant-youth, I decided to make a servitor to find me a boyfriend. (lame, i know, but whatevs.) I envisioned this guy that would be my future boyfriend, what is he like? what does he think is funny? how does our relationship operate? how do we relate? and while doing this, I channeled my energy to the car seat next to me, as I was driving at the time, giving it vague shape and emotion-flavored form.

First he was a vague impression, but then he became more and more detailed and I found that instead of my shaping this servitor, it had turned into a beautiful conversation. I could feel my heart stirring. I looked over at him and I told him, "Go find who you are, then come back me." He smiled, because he knew what I meant (Go find the person you're most like, and bring him to me.) and was gone. For the next three months, I could feel this person spiraling into my life. When I met this person, there was a pull and a recognition. My first words to him were, "welcome home." which may seem really corny, but in context is very fitting.

So, if I were to break my servitor-creation method into a system, it would be to figure out who the servitor is and use that as the method to create the actual servitor. It's a simultaneous system. The above example doesn't really cover the naming aspect of a servitor, which is what I'll address now.

I don't really consider a servitor fully operational until it can do one thing for me: tell me it's name. By telling me it's name, this shows me that it has a clear and total understanding of it's purpose - it's Nature - otherwise it would not know, or I would hear several different forms of roughly the same name. It shows me that, by being able to communicate such a precise piece of information in the manner I've requested, that it has sufficient strength to carry out it's Will & take care of obstacles that may arise.

Some people are against the creation of sentient servitors, but being a bit of a megalomaniac with a god complex, I don't mind: I program them to find greatest peace and happiness by re-joining with me. In essence, I program them with an incentive towards theurgy, whereas The Work being whatever task is in their Nature - their Will - to do. Meaning this is a servitor who is driven to follow it's Will, because by doing so, it achieves a state of union and one-ness with it's 'divinity'; i.e, myself. It boomerangs.

It's a very long, in depth process to create a servitor with this method, but I find the benefits to be well worth it & rather anecdotal.

#7 z0b

• Old Timers
  • 976 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

I use variations of the methodes many of you posted with a few minor differences some of mine can make others of them selfs withen limits I pre set other then that one is only limited by your own creativity though I feel you should have a purpose in mind when creating anything .Has anyone experimented with making them small? There's alot of space imbetween living cells for instance.

Edited by z0b, 11 March 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#8 mrblack

• Old Timers
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

null, on 10 March 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Is it important just to write when the servitor dies, and with what it will feed, or in the process of animating it, you tell him those things?

The whole rite is part of the ritual so when I was doing it, I was basically programming
the servitor before animating it. As for importance, depends on you - once I have this
method down flat, then I will start cutting corners.

#9 mrblack

• Old Timers
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Brennan, on 10 March 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

I don't really go about it from such a list-y method. I consider a servitor as a personality, so that's where I start. I "feel out" the need/s that I have in my life, and figure out what kind of being, what kind of personality, would be best suited for that.

It's a very long, in depth process to create a servitor with this method, but I find the benefits to be well worth it & rather anecdotal.

I like that method, quite interesting - specially the "name" part, very good way confirm
but I suppose it works due to how you make your servitor.

#10 mrblack

• Old Timers
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

z0b, on 11 March 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

Has anyone experimented with making them small? There's alot of space imbetween living cells for instance.

No, I haven't - I've thought about it when I was thinking of creating a magickal equivalent of nanomachines
but I don't see how I can use it.

#11 Guest_Reilus_*

• Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

I got a bit paranoid that, somehow, my little scraps of paper torn off envelopes or whatever when I felt like making the sigil would get damaged. So, I started using wood disks and burning the sigil into the wood.

#12 Guest_Magnus Hybris_*

• Guests

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:39 PM

Reilus, on 16 April 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

I got a bit paranoid that, somehow, my little scraps of paper torn off envelopes or whatever when I felt like making the sigil would get damaged. So, I started using wood disks and burning the sigil into the wood.

Very creative!

That's why I never use material bases for my magical acts - nothing is indestructible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users