#1 ChaosTech

All Religions' Wheel

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • LocationThe end of Time

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

http://www.amazon.co...6377807&sr=1-72

Although this focuses upon Christians in Egypt, it's a good read. I've tried to explain to Christians that Christ taught that through the Holy Spirit "miracles," were possible and this is how he did his magical feats. He encouraged his disciples to use magic too. The Holy Spirit is how Christians, Jesus, and YHVH, are all immortal, and why in heaven people can do real magic like fly through the air. If in heaven, why not on earth? But sigh, Christians would rather just pray to the Father or the Son, to do all their miracles for them. Otherwise they might be tainted by Satan.

Jesus was just a middle eastern guru, who with the power of his god, made a cult which became in time a massive religion. The source is not an ego so YHVH is a construct for the human ego to connect with Spirit, as only meditation and magical practice conditions the human consciousness to understand Spirit consciousness which is omnipotent but this means very simple. Things become less complex at the source, just being sounds simple and it is, but very "holy," as such freedom to simply be forever doesn't just factually exist anywhere. The Savior of man, Jesus the Son, and the avatar of infinity YHVH ("the Father"), are merely the outer form of what could be esoteric Christianity for many if only Churches taught this. In India the outer form of the gods and the buddhas, isn't favored, the inner mystical side is. What a strange religion Christianity is. Definately a manifestation of the water element and the dark side of the Cosmos with it's attachment to ego (eternal souls desired), and it's demi-urgic king, YHVH, the ego made infinite. That and it's attachment to faith which is a feeling element. Definately water. Who knew such a large dark cult could be active on the earth element plane? Then again earth element as opposed to air is more dark than light for a middle element. Oh well I guess the Occult mostly should remain inner and so our kind must hide from our own families else they believe us decieved by the devil and destined for hell. No wonder my mom when I was 16 trashed my Wicca books. What mother would want her son, to go to hell forver and burn?

#2 Jonah Andrews

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:00 PM

ChaosTech said:

The Holy Spirit is how Christians, Jesus, and YHVH, are all immortal, and why in heaven people can do real magic like fly through the air. If in heaven, why not on earth? But sigh, Christians would rather just pray to the Father or the Son, to do all their miracles for them. Otherwise they might be tainted by Satan.

The thing here is that most people fear that they would get taken in with the power of it all. A popular catchphrase is, "ultimate power corrupts ultimately". It takes someone who can rise above their own ego and recognize where the power for their miracles comes from, to be able to actually perform those miracles and not be "tainted". Once you start to mistake yourself for God, then you are heading down a dangerous path... But, that's just my two cents.

#3 ChaosTech

All Religions' Wheel

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • LocationThe end of Time

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

http://www.amazon.co...69258&sr=1-1189

Here's another interesting book, I haven't yet checked out.

About magical power. The fear of power belongs to those who feel they have none. We all have power and to not use it is to live like sheep. I guess though that's what Christians aspire to be is sheep. Just don't come complaining to me when the pastor says it's time for lamb chops. Ignorance and fear are of the devil, though Christians pride themselves on being submissive to something they are supposed to fear (YHVH). This just shows me the gnostic Christians who regarded the Christian god as a blind demi-urge were right, he is.
Posted Image

#4 Jeremiah Fuglseth

• Old Timers
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:15 AM

About that part where you say " If in Heaven, why not on Earth? " ; Christianity is in schism, but all of said schism Paradigms are not the only belief system Schism Paradigms that share the quality of Intentional " Reality " alteration taboos. Have you ever experienced what might be termed Paradox Effects that you perceived as Negative as a result of any of your magical workings? I look to my own experiences of this kind as an example of what I am talking about; so if you have not had any, it might be hard to relate.

#5 Deffers

• Old Timers
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

I know more about Christian Folk Magic than your average Joe (not much more), but my knowledge concerns more modern times. See, I was born in Venezuela, and though I don't live there now, I lived there and visited there often enough to take in a sort of magically-infused culture. From a young age, I was surrounded by Curanderos and people like that. Heck, my grandma has apparently been possessed by spirits of the dead (in front of her family, no less), and yet she's still fervently Christian. If you called these guys mages, they might look at you funny, but they wouldn't be offended that I know of. Because, really, they don't see their rituals, that call upon saints and archangels, as bad. That sort of religious magic lives side-by-side with the Catholic Church in Venezuela, and there's no real conflicts in between the two that I've observed.

Interestingly enough, I happen to own a book that contains essentially, American Christian Folk Magic. I'm pretty sure some of you have heard of it. It's called Pow-Wows, or the Long Lost Friend. It's got stuff in it like charms and prayers and, in a sense, I felt a kind of between-the-lines connection between my early encounters with Christian folk magic in Venezuela and this book. As such, it's one of the few magical books I consult regularly.

#6 Caliban

rough beast

• Moderators
  • 4,449 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:32 PM

Pow-Wows, or the Long Lost Friend is a very important text in folk-magic, because it preserves folk practice of central Europe as they persisted through the Christian era (the lore is Pennsylvania Dutch - actually [i]Deutsche[i], German).

It is not at all unusual for cultural practices to continue even under a new religion which may be devoutly and sincerely held. This is how we get decorated evergreen trees at Christmas, and decorated eggs at Easter.

"There is a crack, a crack through everything. That is how the light gets in." -- Leonard Cohen

#7 mrblack

• Old Timers
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

I find that Catholic Folk Magick has been nicely preserved in the Hoodoo tradition.
Working with Saints or the utilization of Psalms in some of their spells shows a deep connection.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users