- - - - -

Poke Runyon

143 replies to this topic

#141 joel

• Old Timers
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:24 AM

View Postvoidgazing, on 23 November 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

Oh no dude, not picking a fight OR being silly. I'm not advocating either for or against the reality of it, just trying to point out what shaky ground you are on with this kind of assuming.

You are drawing conclusions about what is possible with magic in this form: I ain't never seed it nohow, therefore it ain't never been done. We can see this same kind of thinking in the realm of science- reading papers, debates, and comments on things like landing on the moon from before rocketry was very advanced. They read like what you are saying here.

You don't know what you don't know. The old stories- from just about everywhere- tell of immortalities of various sorts, and offer (often intentionally confusing) roadmaps to achieving the same. The entire funerary tradition of Egypt was dedicated to one of them, for instance. The sacred mountains in China are each watched over by an immortal (who can step into and out of material reality at will, and thus cannot be considered 'mortal'.)

Your approach is scandalously unscientific, old man.

"Scandalously unscientific." Mmkay. Sure.

#142 immanuel644

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

Wow what a clusterfuck!

Poke is OK in my book. I think a lot of people don't connect the dots that the majority of grimoires written after Agrippa use the same reference and they are someone's personal system and therefore not written as stone as the One True Way. I used the GD method for a few successful evocations and Koetting's incantations as well... Soooo most of this thread is splitting hairs and ruach masturbation. Glad to see it was resuscitated for redemption. Poke is the man in a lot of ways and an occult treasure, even if I disagreed with about 40% of what he says.

#143 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,555 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

I keep telling folks we need to bronze this thread and place it in the employe bathroom under the words "Never Again".
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down
I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down

#144 immanuel644

• Old Timers
  • Pip