- - - - -

Has any one worked with any of E.A. Koetting's material?

37 replies to this topic

#1 Thefourth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

I am starting out in ritualistic magick and I am currently starting with conquering the basics. Right now, I am working on Meditation (meditating every day) and sigil casting.

I wish to eventually work up to pathworking and Evocation and do some work with E.A. Koetting's material.

I was wondering if anyone here has worked with/had experience with his material, and if you have any tips or pointers for me.

I would also like to do a little work from Thomas Karlsson's Qabalah, Qliphoth, and Goetic magic, too.

thanks.

#2 Gandridur

• Old Timers
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

Continue with the basics. You need to master them before you start with evocation. Evocation is a high art and it takes years to master it. You will have no succe with evocation if you start with it too early.
My magic memory stretches back eons. My everyday memory no longer than the nose.

#3 xcoredavid

• Old Timers
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

I have his Baneful Magick and Works of Darkness. I would say he is pretty advanced. I haven't tried his stuff because I don't think I am at that level yet. Keep up the work ;)
"Let's hold hands and watch the world fall apart."

#4 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

I don't remember how exactly but I recently came across E. A. Koetting. I think I've stumbled upon his name before but just never paid much attention. I decided to take a look at what he is on about based on a lot of raving reviews of his material. I acquired a copy of his Evoking Eternity (the cheaper Chthonian Edition) as well as another one called Questing After Visions. These are the two that seemed interesting to me. First off don't bother spending the ridiculous prices that some of his books are currently going for. There is nothing about what I've been reading that merits those prices.

I haven't really looked at Questing After Visions yet other than scanning over it so I won't say anything about it. Evoking Eternity is actually quite good but there is nothing in it apart from Koetting sharing his own experiences that I personally didn't already know or wasn't already familiar with from other sources. But for a book primarily dealing with evocation it is very easy to understand and put to use. Koetting does seem to be speaking from honesty and experience so I would readily recommend this particular book to someone just starting out and wanting to know exactly how to approach the subject. It's not for anyone who has already been seriously into Magick and the Occult for any length of time unless you just want to compare notes. This is why I say to avoid the overpriced versions of these books.

As a result of his books I listened to a few of his interviews you can find on YouTube. He seems like a pretty well grounded individual.

#5 Mos_Feo_Appareo

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationModern Day Alchemist

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

But i want to be...A LIVING GOD! MWUHAHAHHAHA! Gandridur is correct..start with basics. Keotting is a bright guy, but truthfully..everything he is selling you..is commen knowledge from free pdfs of the most available books of magick.
Here is a better alternative and costs $0

http://www.sacred-te.../grim/index.htm

Posted Image

Actually the guy isnt bad and his info is pretty thoughtful but from someone like me who is part P.T. Barnum , I can recognize it myself.
He is first and foremost a salesmen and promoter but everything he has can be found for free right on THIS marvelous and intelligent forum.
Crowley was a P.T. Barnum himself. Hede offer the rich , interested in the occult and new thrills, an evening with demons. He'de then ply them with Cocaine and Opium and before everyone knew it , an orgy insued. They saw demons alright..their own.

For some $197 you can buy this nifty universal circle..hurry while supplies last! It also doubles as a rather unusual yoga mat.

Posted Image

Edited by Mos_Feo_Appareo, 20 July 2014 - 10:44 PM.

#6 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:11 AM

Oh jesus the coffee almost came out m' nose.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#7 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

He actually sells snake oil. As in oil derived from snakes. So you know what that makes him....

Best quote on reddit about him is : His website is like the slap-chop for sorcerers.

HI BILLY MAYS HERE! DO YOU WANT TO CAST A SPELL BUT ARE TOO BUSY MAKING FRUIT SMOOTHEES? INTRODUCING THE SIGOTHEE MACHINE, THE ONLY APPLIANCE THAT MAKES A COSTOMIZED CHARGED SIGIL EVERYTIME YOU MAKE A DELICOUS FRUIT SMOOTHEE! NOW YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BEING THIRSTY AND MALNOURISHED WHILE DOING YOUR WILL!
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
You rise to me and I'll blow you down
I am going to stand my ground

#8 RoseRed

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Locationon the edge of civilization

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

I 2nd that on the coffee!
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#9 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

Wow, I was being generous with this guy in my first post here. When I first read the couple of books I mentioned by him I didn't know anything about Koetting other than those books and a couple of interviews of him I watched on youtube. I still think Eternity offered a fairly standard introduction to the practice of evocation. His Questing After Visions turned out not to be so good in my opinion. At least not for me. This stuff may impress a beginner but for me proved to be unnecessary. However, after seeing the above and taking a look at his "Become a Living God" site I strongly suspect (actually it's just painfully obvious) that this guy is taking the piss. I do find it very amusing though. So really he is more "grounded" than I originally thought because I kind of wish I had thought of this kind of scam. He's probably making a good living (perhaps as a god) for himself with this rubbish (as if his over-priced books weren't enough).

Edited by Nalyd Khezr Bey, 23 July 2014 - 01:33 AM.

#10 Morrigan

(>'o')> MAGIC <('o'<)

• Administrator
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationWandering the coast

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:13 AM

That is the thing. He is after the low hanging fruit. That is both his income and his pathwork. Despite the goofy motif the the LHP he is actually living the LHP. He promotes himself and sells his image to the weak, inexperienced, gullible, and stupid. Those who fall under spell become steady cash flow and those who have been scammed and learned from it grow. I find what he does laughable but in some respects I give it to him, he does what a good ole black magician should. Scam, steal, trick, and flim-flam his way right into doing his WIll.

Still it's bloody good for a laugh.
Cast Wide the Circle: Place for my musings and the occasional book review.
The Art of Stealing Fire : My Online Magical Journal
Big mountain, wide river
There's an ancient pull
These tree trunks, these stream beds
Leave our bellies full
They sing out I am going to stand my ground
I am going to stand my ground

#11 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

I've been frequenting his site, and what's really weird is the number of people who think he's a rock star. Every time I see someone kissing his ass there or singing his praises, I check their posting history thinking they are dummy accounts. But they're real! I swear, some of those people would pay for his used toilet paper if he told them it could be used for magic. He's got to be using some sort of glamor or something.

He released some online seminar thing today teaching his third godlike power, and I just couldn't hold it in anymore, had to make this.

Posted Image
“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#12 Simon.Magus

• Old Timers
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:49 AM

For some $197 you can buy this nifty universal circle..hurry while supplies last! It also doubles as a rather unusual yoga mat.

I've been frequenting his site, and what's really weird is the number of people who think he's a rock star.

For the low price of $197, or 7 easy payments of I-don't-feel-like-doing-math, you too can be a part of Koetting's Universal CIrcle Jerk™.

#13 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

I've been frequenting his site

Has anyone thought to ask him why, if he is indeed a living god, he needs to charge money for these secrets? Is he still figuring out the proper ritual to summon Skruuge Mik Duk?

Does anyone ask why this Forbidden Knowledge™ can pretty much all be acquired by evoking the twin demons Gu Gul and Ama-Zon-Dot-Kom?
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#14 Provenant

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

Prior to the whole BecomeALivingGod thing ... EAK was fairly down to earth. I've read a bit of his early books, nothing new, but that's not unique to Eric's stuff ... see most occult titles that get published, with 50 pages of old correspondences that have been in every book ever.

But after the whole BALG launch, the "sham wow" factor does seem to have taken over.

Though even now, I've had some limited interaction with him at other forums than his. And, he still comes off fairly normal. Plenty of self confidence sure, but honestly he doesn't come off like he does in the videos and marketing materials.

However, his fanboys that have shelled out all that cash for his stuff ... they tend to be impossible to have a discussion with. My experience has been that his customers worship him. And don't have a lick of either discernment, or occult education outside of the BALG system.

Eric seems to not care about the criticisms, I have to hand that to him. He doesn't run around defending himself. But, on other forums, I've seen a criticism of him explode with his fans coming out of the woodwork to defend their messiah. Scarier than the marketing of BALG are the sad folks that lap it up and come back for more.

I saw where Josephine McCarthy termed his stuff "Dark Fluff" ... I think that sums it up fairly succinctly.
Ars, Non Fortuna

#15 Simon.Magus

• Old Timers
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

I agree. I first saw Koetting in his "Evoking to physical manifestation" video on YouTube and thought that he was a really down-to-earth guy who had a lot of practical knowledge to offer... But after visiting his website, I was completely disillusioned by his eCommerce rig and general salesy garbage. I didn't know if I was shopping for occult knowledge or discount pharmaceuticals, and frankly, I couldn't tell which one I even wanted anymore.

Dark fluff... Slap-Chop of sorcery... those definitely do sum things up quite nicely...

#16 Provenant

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:57 AM

Well if i had to spend too much time there, I think I'd definitely go for the pharmaceuticals. ;)
Ars, Non Fortuna

#17 Mos_Feo_Appareo

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationModern Day Alchemist

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

How not to be a LIVING DOUCHE' http://disinfo.com/2...sm-ea-koetting/

#18 ChaosTech

Venerable Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

Haha, love Disinfo!

For nearly 20 years I meditated on and studied that which has no name, but is absolute, infinite, beyond both small and large. Finally one day I realized the limits of my sentient consciousness. It has all power over whether we are it or dual. There is no choice of the nondual, for choice is dual. Just be, live, do what you will, with love and wisdom. As Hermes said, in a time yet unborn, all shall be one, and one shall be all. True enlightenment has nothing to do with attainment. It's an inner peace, that there is nothing to be done, I call it surrender to the Spirit.

#19 TheCusp

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

View PostMos_Feo_Appareo, on 25 July 2014 - 03:53 AM, said:

How not to be a LIVING DOUCHE' http://disinfo.com/2...sm-ea-koetting/

Wow, not a word of that had anything to do with the occult. Now that guy was a fucking douche.

For all the crap people talk about him, I've never heard EA say a bad word about anyone. Sure his super serious dark parts of his videos are fall out of your chair hilarious, but he can and does speak normally too with decent information. I may not like his style, but it seem to be working of him, so more power to him.
“Come in close. Closer. Because the more you think you see, the easier it’ll be to fool you. Because what is seeing? You’re looking, but what you’re really doing is filtering, interpreting, searching for meaning. My job? To take that most precious of gifts you give me, your attention, and use it against you.” - Now You See Me

#20 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

Yeah, everybody has an opinion- I find his stuff hilarious but that is only because I know whereof he speaks. It comes off like someone showing me how to use the power of the KNIFE (which is available for only $1000) to make a cucumber into circular medallions(!). And the dark fluff thing goes on that list- the dramatic presentation might actually help his students.

I wish him no ill, and I hope his students get what they pay for. How he rolls is very different than how I do though- I likes to be transparent and I don't ever charge anyone fuckin money for teaching them things because I feel blessed by all this, in awe of this sacred goddamn gift the universe has granted me- that I should pay it forward rather than pay rent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users