* * * * * 1 votes

Qabalistic Learning Resources: Blank Tree of Life Diagram and Exercises for Using It

30 replies to this topic

#21 AEternitas

• Old Timers
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:42 PM

Sheep skin parchment paper is not the same thing as leather, it has a much different consistency than leather and is proccessed differently.

#22 TOLKA

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

AEternitas said:

Sheep skin parchment paper is not the same thing as leather, it has a much different consistency than leather and is proccessed differently.

Leather has no set consitancy. It depends on the animal that it comes from and the method that it is made. Goat skin leather for exmple is extremely soft and floppy with a fuzz to it, while cow skin leather is stiff, bald and hard. tho Im not sure anyone said anything about leather?
Cast a spell using professional Astrology
Visit MY BLOG
http://ashbracken-to...s.blogspot.com/
MY FORUM
http://advancedmagic...m.org/index.php

#23 Caliban

rough beast

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

Let's not have another virgin parchment debate here. This thread is for Tree of Life resources and excercises. You are welcome - perhaps even encouraged - to start a thread on the subject of virgin parchment and its place in magical work if you wish to discuss it, but this is not the place for it.

Some excercises:

For the 4○=7○ Grade: Assign the traditional cohorts of the Qlippoth to their associated Sephiroth and Paths with names in Hebrew and Latin letters, and their translations.

For the 6○=5□ Grade: Evoke them. ;)

"There is a crack, a crack through everything. That is how the light gets in." -- Leonard Cohen

#24 jes

• Moderators
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:19 AM

Here is something, you can correlate the ten sephirot with the ten commandments and try to interpret both a mundane and spiritual meaning for each. As above, so below.
A hint would be that they go in order. ; )
It doesn't matter what they say, in the jealous games people play - The Go-Gos

For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great.... you have no power over me.

#25 Neither

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

I've memorized most of the tree of life. Not every detail but I've got a clear picture of it. So what now, How do I use it?

#26 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 887 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:36 PM

I would just like to add an observation I made a while back.

The center of the Tree of Life, Tiphareth. Forms a Hexagram which indicates the Kingdom of Yetzirah;
world of Angels. Each of the outer 6 Sephiroth corresponds to a point on the Hexagram. With the 7th
Sephirah, Tiphareth, being in the center(the Sun).

There is a similar relationship with the Pentagram, although it must be rotated to involve all 6 outer Sephiroth:

Upright Pentagram:
Top point indicating Daath(knowledge)

Inverted Pentagram:
Bottom point indicating Yesod(The Moon)

I haven't formulated any use for this, but just thought I would mention it.

#27 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

Any thoughts on the so called Infernal Triangle : Samael-Isheth Zenunim-Choia that may be taken as an inversion of the Supernal ?Also here is something related:
https://www.academia...helemic_Goddess

Edited by violetstar, 15 March 2017 - 10:45 PM.

Fear Her Whom The Winds Fear

Posted Image My Blog : http://violetstarmagic.weebly.com

#28 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 887 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

Hey Violet! Good morning!

Yes, I think in lieu of the Infernal Triad, that The Inverse Supernal would be more appropriate? Since perhaps these associations could be thought of as equal, but opposite? Of course in many Rabbinical texts, and as you know they are referred to as Shells. However, there are corresponding powers. I haven't worked with these.

So off the top of my head. Something to add that wouldn't be found in Liber 777?

I did do some Hexagram and Pentagram correspondences a while back that I could add, I'm not sure what use it would be, other than constructing a Ritual; a cool Pendant?

The following correspondences are given by aligning the Hexagram with the Inverse TOL:

You can also use an Upright/Inverted Pentagram in place of the Hexagram:

The shadow of Malkuth, is not rendered by the Hexagram, but given as a supplement:

Earth:
The sphere of the Elements, Dark Angel: Lilith

Hexagram Correspondences:

Top Point:
The Moon, Dark Angel: Gamaliel

Top Left Point:
Mercury, Dark Angel: Samael

Top Right Point:
Venus, Dark Angel: A' arab Zaraq(the double "A" prefix pronounced as in Daath(Da ut))

The Center:
Sol(The Sun, The Black Sun?), Dark Angel: Thagiriron

Bottom Left Point:
Mars, Dark angel: Golachab

Bottom Right:
Jupiter, Dark Angel: Gha' agsheklah

Bottom Point:
Sirius or Sothis, The Abyss as in Daath(knowledge)
Or you could use Saturn, Dark Angel: Satariel

Saturn is out of alignment with the Hexagram, so it might make more sense to use the next Qlippa down in the Middle pillar which would be The Primordial Point, Dark Angel: Thaumiel. If you don't formulate Daath that is.

So I fabricated the name "Dark Angel" myself,

Cheers
:)

Edited by Spida, 16 March 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#29 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

Hi Spida
I see you are using the Lurianic model which as you may know is thought to have been a polemic construction attempting to explain theological problems surrounding the hatred of Jews in the middle ages.My own knowledge of Qabalah is what I would term 'Tourist' in so much as I have enough to get by!
The corpus of literature regarding the Qabalah is immense and further complicated not only by its complexity but by the variants springing from the earliest form.

Magical texts denoted usually with a C prefix giving Cabala rather than the more philosophical and theological Qabalah and Kabbalah are in fact less common.Ignore the internet opinions that the only difference is in the spelling!

From a magical viewpoint Samael is placed in Malkuth.I am aware of the alternatives but they,as in your schema above belong to the Qabalistic and Kabbalistic ideologies.I am also aware of the translations of the name or title Samael though for the magical model the epithet afforded him by a Rabbi who some years back kindly helped me with translation of archaic names of God,is better.Here he is 'An Idol in the Earth' which helps to explain his wrong association with Satan who in Biblical texts is the God of this world who.according to the Psalmist 'walketh through it' and later tempted Jesus with its riches.

I do not think the Inverse Supernal carries the same meaning as it invokes the thoughts of some that Samael is both good and bad being an Archangel as well as a Demon.More correctly he is one of four Princes 'Injurious in the Elements,the others being Mahazael.Azael and Azazael.The latter two being much confused by modern Sabbatic Craft writers!

The Isheth Zenunim is the Whore of Sacred Prostitution whom the Rabbi's refer to as 'Rachmyel'.She is generally seen as a Princess of the infernal or inverted Binah.The union of Samael and E(I)isheth Zenunim is Choiah or the infernal offspring viewed as the Anti-Christ.From Revelations we know the whole as the Whore of Babylon That concept alone has birthed a myriad of ideas attempting to decipher its meanings including Crowley's 666,Scarlet Woman etc.

I am interested to see other peoples views or take on this topic so thanks for your input :)

#30 Spida

Messenger

• Members
  • 887 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

Hi Violet,

Just as Dion Fortune got her associations for The Mystical Qabalah from Liber 777, as did I. I've never scrutinized any of these Qlippothic attributes; neither have I worked with any of them. But you are not the first person to have a problem with Lilith being assigned to Earth. So if Samael Earth, then who for Mercury? Anyways, it wouldn't serve me any purpose at the present to research this. And I do have a limited amount of reference materials I work with at present, and much of what I do is improvised, and dynamic.

Often I will meditate on an aspect of the Tree of Life, or Tree of Death. Or on all of them as a Model. Both Trees that is. I did this a while back and these are the results I got:

What I did was apply a Spectrum to both Trees(both Trees as one single Model). This renders Earth as a threshold; a balance between the two Trees. If you ascend from there, you approach absolute good in Kether. Descending the Qlippoth you approach absolute Evil. And of course Good and Evil are a matter of perspective; subjective.

So you have Earth, or Assiah as an Entry Point and possibly depending on your nature, and other attributes, either ascend, or descend. Evolution, or devolution.

I also applied the Spectrum to the Model because since the TOL is not understood to be entirely benevolent, and the TOD appears to be predominantly, or at least more malevolent than the TOL. This appears to create an imbalance. Which I attempted to remedy by application of the Spectrum.

Sometimes I change things to suit my rational mind, so long as the issue falls, or appears to fall within the bounds of reason. Of course as stated a few times elsewhere, sometimes reason is transcended by Truth, and it just is what it is.

I can't say that what I did is absolutely correct, and at my current stage it wouldn't benefit me to meditate on it at length.

Today is my Birthday! I want to have a decent Ritual tonight!

Cheers Violet! :)
Cornelius Coburn

Edited by Spida, 17 March 2017 - 03:59 PM.

#31 violetstar

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

Big hugs and birthday kisses Spida :D Well yeh,that was my example that can be modified and adapted to fit your own schema.Dogma and rigidity tend to stifle personal development so just go for what feels right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users