- - - - -

Exchanging Yule Gifts (Drawing Names)

8 replies to this topic

#1 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

Anyone interested in drawing names for Yule this year: you need to post in this thread or send me a PM.

Basically I will allow people to commit to this until Monday, November 22. If you put your name in the pot, you must read and agree to the rules below. On November 23rd I will put all the names of those interested into a pot and draw out random names, matching them to another name (Name 1, will be matched with name 2, name 3 with name 4 and so one). I will post who got each others name. You will then purchase or make a gift for the person and have it prepared to mail to that person by December 10th, 2010. This will ensure that over seas gifts will get to the individual on time. Everyone is welcome to participate in this gift exchange.

Rules:

Do not sign up if you do not know 100% that you WILL send the gift to the person!

You must follow deadlines if you intend to participate.

If you do not desire your address to be given to anyone else, PM me and let me know, I will have the person send the gift to me and I will forward it to you. You will have to PM me your address with the understanding it is confidential and I will not share it with anyone else.

There is not a set amount of money required to spend on a gift. Follow your heart.

If you discover that an EMERGENCY had come up and you will not be able to fulfill your obligation, you MUST contact me immediately so that I may change some things or get a gift for the person myself. I do not want anyone to be a part of this and NOT receive a gift.

This is to promote the idea of community on the forums. No one is required to participate. This is simply for fun and no one is to be made to feel left out or not apart of the whole if they decide not to participate.

Please keep in mind the gifts must be mailed, and may have to be mailed overseas. Avoid bulky items, heavy items, perishable items, etc.

Most of all, this is for fun...so please have fun and do not turn this into some ridiculous stress filled activity. If you feel this is a waste of your time, great, just do not sign up. I personally love the part of giving something I have made to another person at random. I do however understand not everyone shares in that idea.

I am that Columbine!

#2 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:08 PM

I will be the first to add my name to the list. In addition, I would like to add Qryztufre to the list as well.

So the list for now is

Forest Breath
Qryztufre

(names will be added to the pot individually and drawn at random)

I am that Columbine!

#3 vulnera

Hadak Útja

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

please add me as well.

:P

#4 Appalachian Crone

Q's Wife

• Owner
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

OK the list is now:

Forest Breath
Qryztufre
Vulnera

(thanks vulnera!)

I am that Columbine!

#5 Angeni

• Old Timers
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:49 AM

This will something nice to do. And I don't have to worry 'bout what the other person thinks if they don't like it. :D I'll just try again next time. :D
I'm soo confused, but at least I have my friends to help me.

#6 Reed

• Old Timers
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:48 AM

(sadface) Too bad I didn't see this sooner.

I have been trying my hand on silvercrafting and jewellery making. I could have _made_ something.....

#7 A Rogue Spirit

Hedge Witch & Phytotherapist

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:57 AM

I haven't been on do to a crazy schedule but HAPPY YULE! Regardless of if I send you a gifts or not I wish you a great holiday season.

Links

UNITED PLANT SAVERS - I suggest anyone with a passion for the life given to us
and sustained by the Earth join and help fund plant sanctuaries
all around for endangered, at risked, and watched plants.

#8 Pendulum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

Darn, I wish I had seen this sooner. I make all sorts of things. :( Maybe next time. I'll keep an eye out for another gift thread.

#9 Aunt Clair

• Old Timers
  • 453 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

Moi Aussi. Let us try this again next year with a little more time to get stuck into it. Sorry I missed out mea culpa. It gets so busy at this time of year...It is a loving idea. Enjoy. I would be willing to participate next year. Thanks for trying to get us organised though. Good idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users