- - - - -

Nagual experimentation

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Case_*

• Guests

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:56 PM

Hi guys,

So, I've been experimenting quite a bit with the Yaqui concept of the Tonal and the Nagual, as described in the works of Carlos Castaneda. One concept that Ive been pondering on is whether something that has passed from the Nagual to the Tonal can then pass back to the Nagual again?

Yes, anyones first impression would be that such a thing would be impossible - you cant go from a state of physical existence to physical non-existence as youd leave behind a trace of your passing, and would therefore have a Tonal presence, but what about non-material things? Could thought for instance return to the Nagual once someone had thought it but it had been completely forgotten?

Basically, when something is brought into existence can it ever not exist again, or is it permanently bound to the Tonal even when it is completely erased from the minds of humankind?

Wondering, wondering...

#2 Fray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:27 AM

great question and a good thought.. :D
I kinda think of it as cyclical. That the deed and thought both existed simultaenously in both tonal and nagual and are simply emphasized in a certain moment when will is added tot the mix.

and yes i think permanent marks are made on both sides however minute the indent left is.
“Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people.”

#3 TOLKA

Gold Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:32 PM

Case said:

Hi guys,

So, I've been experimenting quite a bit with the Yaqui concept of the Tonal and the Nagual, as described in the works of Carlos Castaneda. One concept that Ive been pondering on is whether something that has passed from the Nagual to the Tonal can then pass back to the Nagual again?

Yes, anyones first impression would be that such a thing would be impossible - you cant go from a state of physical existence to physical non-existence as youd leave behind a trace of your passing, and would therefore have a Tonal presence, but what about non-material things? Could thought for instance return to the Nagual once someone had thought it but it had been completely forgotten?

Basically, when something is brought into existence can it ever not exist again, or is it permanently bound to the Tonal even when it is completely erased from the minds of humankind?

Wondering, wondering...

I suppose it depends on whether you believe everything is in God's mind. If you do then if you think of something and forget about it, it would still exist as it has become apart of his thought world. In which case the question would be if god forgot about something would it still exist, even if you remembered.

Also it depends on whther you believe that you can possibly think anything that it is not happening somewhere. So for example I think of buying a car, but is it because I am linked to another me that is buying a car. This brings reality itself into question where every possiblity could be lived out however absurd and every movie, book or thought is actually happening somewhere. do you think or are you tuning in? Is Snoopy really banging Miss Piggy at this moment and what is the science behind me picking out that reality over any other.

So I think that your question may have many answers dependant on how you see things.
Cast a spell using professional Astrology
Visit MY BLOG
http://ashbracken-to...s.blogspot.com/
MY FORUM
http://advancedmagic...m.org/index.php

#4 TheLastMagician

• Old Timers
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

Have you read The Teachings of Don carlos by Victor sanchez? A great no new-age BS book of techniques for investigating the concepts from the Don Juan books.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users