First trip into Enochian!

89 replies to this topic

#1 Starbeast

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:15 PM

I'm totally taken with the logic, complexity and art of this system...Dee was a cryptographer, and could easily have been a computer scientist in another age. Imagine John Von Neumann, Alan Turing, or perhaps a modern web developer on Dee's scale receiving a system like this...Enochian is already Magical Cyberspace, that would be totally epic! :D Also, the story of Dee, Kelley, and their adventures during the working as well as the working itself would make some crazy killer sci-fi or fantasy :cool:

Anyway I was planning to scry all the Aethyrs starting on New Year's Day - also gonna read The Vision and the Voice (which would make a killer movie btw...why is Enochian so epic? :P), et cetera...but I wanna show you guys my first working with TEX and see what you think :)

Scryed TEX. Made the call, interrupted just after finishing it and before calling the governors, but got a vision anyway, haltingly.

A shadow spoke in my mind, and said things that I can't remember...this needs to be automatically written, not written after the fact. All manner of things about shadows, and the visions and voices I had called in my invocation.

Afterwards, the vision of a Tree of Life. Bite the fruit from it, out comes a scorpion, attacking my tongue with its venomous tail, growing bigger and smaller in size. A sword – some kind of shape outlined in black before my literal eyes. Like a )I( kinda shape – only the curves were smaller, toward the top of the line. Then chains of black energy around me – I shake free. A sword, cutting down the tree of life – what does it mean? Then a voice tells me to step free of the aethyr, and I do. I'm sure I missed something – future sessions will have to be automatic written. I'm gonna banish now...

Okay, banishing helps epicly. Feel much less clogged. I'm finally starting to get this! The whole working gets an 8 - with less interruptions, better pronunciation/flow on the keys, and a pen and paper to take down the vision – maybe an MP3 recorder on my computer, or the old word processor – I could get a 9 or even a 10 easy :) I enjoyed that...the question is, what can I learn? Why cut down the tree of life? Was it the tree of life, really? And why scorpions in fruit? WTF.

What do you think? I'm not nuts...this is very real now. No questioning that anymore :) But my question would be with the symbolism and stuff - what's going on here? I'm a total noob at that sort of thing :)

:cool:
AwesomeJon 37 unveiled: 04/06/10...the Conversation continues :) Xeper is no longer a useful concept - but Awesome still is.

Nothing stops me! I've got an awesome 'tude for an awesome dude and I'm actually seriously practicing...the world is within my grasp!

Call me Jon ^^

http://liberverendus.wordpress.com/ The action happens here....in the Book of Awesome! :D

And always remember...keep it heavy! \m/\m/

#2 Pandora

Πανδώρα

• Gold Member
  • 547 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

AGH, I dislike Dee. He and his... it all drives me up the wall.

Anyway, if you're writing about it I suppose i'm reading it and taking some notice (d'uh!). Can't comment for now, but i'll be sitting back here listening some.

#3 O. Delano

• Old Timers
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:27 PM

Unfortunately, I've never dipped far into Enochian except for a few superficial uses of the calls in Golden Dawn material. To be honest, I've always gotten this feeling from Enochian in general, and its angels in particular. I get the sense of a lot of power from them, but at the same time, it's like looking at a nicely-painted room and knowing that the paint is covering up bloodstains on the walls.

Then again, I haven't practiced it in-depth, so take what I said for whatever it is. :P

And, again unfortunately, I haven't done anything with the Aethyrs, much less read up on them.
Ocean Delano

Turning the Magic Around <---My Blog

#4 lady bable

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:22 AM

O. Delano said:

I get the sense of a lot of power from them, but at the same time, it's like looking at a nicely-painted room and knowing that the paint is covering up bloodstains on the walls.

Well i think, but not for sure, that enochian magic is based on the book of enoch the book of the watchers. and if so then those angels are fallen angels and are supposed to be evil. But then again they just sound like they materialized and got a free will, and anything matter or with its own free will is considered evil/sin in christian/jewish stuff.... well hopefully they are not a "covered bloodstained wall" lol.

i dont really think they are angels, they sound more like elementals or maybe just aspects and combinations of the four elements and spirit. these are the only angels that you have to do an elaborate ritual to communicate with, and it sounds more like you experiance them in a shamanic trip. they sound more like a sphere of influance or a place not a being. But then again angels are beyond single personas 3D and other things we understand and attribute to a being. i dont know, i havent started messing with them yet. i dont think any one knows much about them...

regardless of if they are angels, demons, elementals, a "cosmic/elemental html code and java script" the enochian magic system is quite amazing. all those other grimores sound like superstitious garbage compared to the sophisticated structure of enochian magic......

#5 Amur

• Old Timers
  • 785 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:43 AM

lady bable said:

Well i think, but not for sure, that enochian magic is based on the book of enoch the book of the watchers. and if so then those angels are fallen angels and are supposed to be evil. But then again they just sound like they materialized and got a free will, and anything matter or with its own free will is considered evil/sin in christian/jewish stuff.... well hopefully they are not a "covered bloodstained wall" lol.

i dont really think they are angels, they sound more like elementals or maybe just aspects and combinations of the four elements and spirit. these are the only angels that you have to do an elaborate ritual to communicate with, and it sounds more like you experiance them in a shamanic trip. they sound more like a sphere of influance or a place not a being. But then again angels are beyond single personas 3D and other things we understand and attribute to a being. i dont know, i havent started messing with them yet. i dont think any one knows much about them...

regardless of if they are angels, demons, elementals, a "cosmic/elemental html code and java script" the enochian magic system is quite amazing. all those other grimores sound like superstitious garbage compared to the sophisticated structure of enochian magic......

Evil is a pretty subjective concept and there's very strong suggestion that the human hardware works through ways of 'Love' which means that any evil in the world is just an act of an unconscious/conscious traumatization that the person/collective hasn't gotten over with/dealt with.

#6 lpman59

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:35 AM

lady bable said:

based on what Dee wrote, they are definitely angels....some good some bad, though Nalvage (i believe) warned Dee not to call on the evil angels. EK supposedly spoke to Raphael, Uriel among others. certainly the system is based on Enochian writings, as well as the NT and traditional European occultism such as Agrippa (among others).

#7 Starbeast

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:01 AM

Pandora said:

AGH, I dislike Dee. He and his... it all drives me up the wall.

Anyway, if you're writing about it I suppose i'm reading it and taking some notice (d'uh!). Can't comment for now, but i'll be sitting back here listening some.

What drives you up the wall about him? :)

O. Delano said:

Unfortunately, I've never dipped far into Enochian except for a few superficial uses of the calls in Golden Dawn material. To be honest, I've always gotten this feeling from Enochian in general, and its angels in particular. I get the sense of a lot of power from them, but at the same time, it's like looking at a nicely-painted room and knowing that the paint is covering up bloodstains on the walls.

Then again, I haven't practiced it in-depth, so take what I said for whatever it is. ;)

And, again unfortunately, I haven't done anything with the Aethyrs, much less read up on them.

A lot of people get that impression...that there's something sick and twisted behind it...I think it's just Lovecraftian conspiracy ;)

lady bable said:

Incorrect on both counts - Enochian has very little to do with Enoch, oddly enough...lol. And Christianity likes free will more than that...depends on the part of the religion you're dealing with. Also, the Gnostics (matter is evil) were heretics in Christianity ^^

lady bable said:

Agreed about the angels - they're not angels per se...nothing is. "Demon" and "angel" are merely Christian misnomers for the same type of elemental or current or emanation/whatever...it's all in how you choose to see it :) And exactly - Enochian is quite shamanic in nature.

Amur said:

Evil is a pretty subjective concept and there's very strong suggestion that the human hardware works through ways of 'Love' which means that any evil in the world is just an act of an unconscious/conscious traumatization that the person/collective hasn't gotten over with/dealt with.

Whhhaaaaaa???

lpman59 said:

based on what Dee wrote, they are definitely angels....some good some bad, though Nalvage (i believe) warned Dee not to call on the evil angels. EK supposedly spoke to Raphael, Uriel among others. certainly the system is based on Enochian writings, as well as the NT and traditional European occultism such as Agrippa (among others).

But Dee was a Christian of the Renaissance era - he couldn't see them as anything but. And why shouldn't we call on the evil angels? There's no reason to give their number if we're not supposed to call :P

Also, I had this funky weird dream last night, after reading the whole entire book of Enochian Vision Magick by Duquette - I dreamed that you could make chaos angels or something by picking four letters at random from the great table. It's only now occurred to me that this is useless, because even if you did, they'd be impossible to call with the existing Keys :P

AwesomeJon 37 unveiled: 04/06/10...the Conversation continues :) Xeper is no longer a useful concept - but Awesome still is.

Nothing stops me! I've got an awesome 'tude for an awesome dude and I'm actually seriously practicing...the world is within my grasp!

Call me Jon ^^

http://liberverendus.wordpress.com/ The action happens here....in the Book of Awesome! :D

#8 Pandora

Πανδώρα

• Gold Member
  • 547 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:04 PM

Starbeast said:

What drives you up the wall about him? :P

It all leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The whole system smecks of "I MADE THIS UP, YO" and I get urges to defame and slander Dee and Kelly and tell everybody how fraudulent they were.

Do you think they screwed me over in a previous life or something? Lol.

Starbeast said:

A lot of people get that impression...that there's something sick and twisted behind it...I think it's just Lovecraftian conspiracy ;)

I wonder if it's all this bad psychological juju that's built up over time that has led people to this impression upon getting into the whole thing. The blood under the wall paper always felt to me like FRAUD SYSTEM FRAUD SYSTEM and I couldn't do a thing with it.

The driving me up the wall part drives myself up the wall. :P:cool:

Are you not up for the concept of angelic beings at all? I don't mean traditional Christian angels; anything angelic or of that stature. Soldiers of the Whatever. That sort of thing. Demonic views aside. All of my opinions on demons are horribly subjective after my own experience.

Cool dream! Awaiting more!

#9 lpman59

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

Starbeast said:

But Dee was a Christian of the Renaissance era - he couldn't see them as anything but. And why shouldn't we call on the evil angels? There's no reason to give their number if we're not supposed to call ;)

because the Angel giving the Calls and the Great Table explicitly told Dee not to do it

#10 Starbeast

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

Pandora said:

It all leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The whole system smecks of "I MADE THIS UP, YO" and I get urges to defame and slander Dee and Kelly and tell everybody how fraudulent they were.

Do you think they screwed me over in a previous life or something? Lol.

I wonder if it's all this bad psychological juju that's built up over time that has led people to this impression upon getting into the whole thing. The blood under the wall paper always felt to me like FRAUD SYSTEM FRAUD SYSTEM and I couldn't do a thing with it.

The driving me up the wall part drives myself up the wall. :P:cool:

So you think it's a fraud...I see. Lon Duquette's book addresses that - it has some proofs, but I'm not certain what can actually be proved. Really...hell it might actually be a fraud. But DOES IT WORK??? :cool:

Pandora said:

Are you not up for the concept of angelic beings at all? I don't mean traditional Christian angels; anything angelic or of that stature. Soldiers of the Whatever. That sort of thing. Demonic views aside. All of my opinions on demons are horribly subjective after my own experience.

Cool dream! Awaiting more!

You mean beings who fight for a spiritual good? I'd be up for that - good and evil spirits...but I don't know for certain that they take different forms. The old literature is very clear about the existence of evil as well as good angels - and the demons are different degrees of evil, if anything ;)

I'll get you some today Pandy - in between foods. XD

lpman59 said:

because the Angel giving the Calls and the Great Table explicitly told Dee not to do it

Then why did he give them the number? And he told Dee not to use the system, too, but I don't see you following those instructions...I think :P

Call me Jon ^^

#11 Pandora

Πανδώρα

• Gold Member
  • 547 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

I'll be watching dude... let me know if you can make it work!

Have you ever met anything really good? I've met a couple of really good things and been convinced of just about everything in the universe until they'd gone. Same goes for really evil. The old literature seems to be a lot like the new literature in that it goes right for the definition instead of the description.

Ramble ramble. Tell me what you get!

#12 Starbeast

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:55 PM

Pandora said:

I'll be watching dude... let me know if you can make it work!

Well the Aethyrs do work - there's no denying that ;)

Pandora said:

Have you ever met anything really good? I've met a couple of really good things and been convinced of just about everything in the universe until they'd gone. Same goes for really evil. The old literature seems to be a lot like the new literature in that it goes right for the definition instead of the description.

Ramble ramble. Tell me what you get!

Well I know "really evil" and "really good" things exist - but I highly doubt there are whole classes of beings devoted to good or evil purposes ^^ The angel/demon thing seems to me to be a dimensional issue, mainly - demons are earthly, angels are above and beyond.

Well I meant grimoires - they're very Judeo-Christian in nature. This naturally precludes shades of gray - not sure what you mean about definition vs. description, though...explain more? :P

I will - not sure if I'm doing another aethyr today. Probably will :P

Call me Jon ^^

#13 Frater F.C.

• Old Timers
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:51 PM

O. Delano said:

Then again, I haven't practiced it in-depth, so take what I said for whatever it is. ;)

I think a lot of this happens with people who either are expecting angels to be something they aren't, or people who aren't looking at the system as a whole. The language of the calls is VERY hellfire and brimstone. Someone on another thread pointed out that the enochian angels may be a military class of angels. I'd be inclined to agree. They tend to be very gruff, no-nonsense, and sometimes even annoyed if you ask the wrong questions (at least from my own experience).

Does that mean they aren't angels? No. They seem genuinely concerned with the Great Work, and willing to help those who wish to pursue it. Its just that they take a drill sergeant attitude about it instead of a love and happiness attitude.

Then again, I have yet to work with the Aethyrs. I've only recently begun full exploration of the system. I've only evoked some of the higher angels in the heirarchy of the tablets (EHNB, some of the kings, etc). I'm actually planning on undertaking a systematic exploration of the aethyrs soon.

@LADY BABLE:

Also, I don't believe that the term "Enochian" is referring to the book of Enoch. I think it is more referring to what was said about Enoch in Genesis. How he "walked with god and was not."

#14 Starbeast

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:16 PM

Frater F.C. said:

I think a lot of this happens with people who either are expecting angels to be something they aren't, or people who aren't looking at the system as a whole. The language of the calls is VERY hellfire and brimstone. Someone on another thread pointed out that the enochian angels may be a military class of angels. I'd be inclined to agree. They tend to be very gruff, no-nonsense, and sometimes even annoyed if you ask the wrong questions (at least from my own experience).

Does that mean they aren't angels? No. They seem genuinely concerned with the Great Work, and willing to help those who wish to pursue it. Its just that they take a drill sergeant attitude about it instead of a love and happiness attitude.

I've found this to be true of a lot of spirits - they have a firm hand but it guides true :)

Frater F.C. said:

Then again, I have yet to work with the Aethyrs. I've only recently begun full exploration of the system. I've only evoked some of the higher angels in the heirarchy of the tablets (EHNB, some of the kings, etc). I'm actually planning on undertaking a systematic exploration of the aethyrs soon.

I actually started with the Aethyrs 'cause I wanted something quick and dirty...lol. I didn't want to do anything too involved - it was gonna be work time soon and of course starting easy is good, right? :)

Frater F.C. said:

@LADY BABLE:

Also, I don't believe that the term "Enochian" is referring to the book of Enoch. I think it is more referring to what was said about Enoch in Genesis. How he "walked with god and was not."

Yeah - and the system is said to have been revealed first to him. However, Dee was quite interested in the Apocrypha, to the point of wanting to find new books of the Bible at one time - he may have drawn those connections on his own.

Call me Jon ^^

#15 Frater F.C.

• Old Timers
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

@Lady Bable:

I also noticed you said: "these are the only angels that you have to do an elaborate ritual to communicate with, and it sounds more like you experiance them in a shamanic trip."

This is not really true. One of the most intense experiences with evocation I ever had was doing the LBRP, reciting the 1st and 3rd calls, and vibrating EXARP a few times. I think its mostly the golden dawn innovations on enochian that are so elaborate, such as the Opening by the Watchtower ceremony (which I think is a beautiful ritual, though I also suspect most of it is pomp and circumstance).

What angels do you think require less elaborate ritual to contact?

The "shamanic" trip thing seems to be more a product of the aethyrs. When you invoke/evoke entities off the tablets, you basically just call the entity and then skry.

For the most part, now, when I do Enochian, I use Lon Milo DuQuette's "Ceremony of Preparation." Its a really simple ceremony where you do the LBRP, then sit down and pray and chant the names on the Holy Table, and Sigillum Dei Ameth, followed by reciting the sentences on the Round Table of Nalvage.

#16 Starbeast

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

Frater F.C. said:

@Lady Bable:

I also noticed you said: "these are the only angels that you have to do an elaborate ritual to communicate with, and it sounds more like you experiance them in a shamanic trip."

This is not really true. One of the most intense experiences with evocation I ever had was doing the LBRP, reciting the 1st and 3rd calls, and vibrating EXARP a few times. I think its mostly the golden dawn innovations on enochian that are so elaborate, such as the Opening by the Watchtower ceremony (which I think is a beautiful ritual, though I also suspect most of it is pomp and circumstance).

What angels do you think require less elaborate ritual to contact?

The "shamanic" trip thing seems to be more a product of the aethyrs. When you invoke/evoke entities off the tablets, you basically just call the entity and then skry.

For the most part, now, when I do Enochian, I use Lon Milo DuQuette's "Ceremony of Preparation." Its a really simple ceremony where you do the LBRP, then sit down and pray and chant the names on the Holy Table, and Sigillum Dei Ameth, followed by reciting the sentences on the Round Table of Nalvage.

I use that ceremony as well. Been working the Aethyrs for several days now - mixing chaos into it, following up on some very clear Lovecraftian connections by invoking Yog-Sothoth as the key to my inner gate, working with Odin as a godform for visionary success...yeah it's getting results. Check the chaos magic forum for the full story - I don't wanna link my blog in every thread on the Aethyrs. That would be gauche :P

I've never worked the Table yet - it looks fun, though ^^

Call me Jon ^^

#17 Frater F.C.

• Old Timers
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

Starbeast said:

I use that ceremony as well. Been working the Aethyrs for several days now - mixing chaos into it, following up on some very clear Lovecraftian connections by invoking Yog-Sothoth as the key to my inner gate, working with Odin as a godform for visionary success...yeah it's getting results. Check the chaos magic forum for the full story - I don't wanna link my blog in every thread on the Aethyrs. That would be gauche :P

I've never worked the Table yet - it looks fun, though ^^

Basically the forces on the Table seem more external, whereas the Aethyrs seem much more like an "inner" journey. Sorta like pathworking on the tree of life, except much wilder :D.

#18 Starbeast

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

Frater F.C. said:

Basically the forces on the Table seem more external, whereas the Aethyrs seem much more like an "inner" journey. Sorta like pathworking on the tree of life, except much wilder :).

Hmmm - that makes sense. Duquette explained it like the Table is for learning about ourselves as well...Enochian Vision Magick wasn't too clear on actual uses of the Table for practical purposes :P...and the Aethyrs are like higher space. Beyond ourselves. Then again, I was reading the whole thing after 9 at night and got the whole book done before bed...I might have missed a small fact or two. My reading comprehension is pretty good, but I misunderstand some things :D

It's how it's panned out, as well. The Aethyrs definitely deal with ourselves, not external layers of space in a literal sense ^^

Call me Jon ^^

#19 alwayson

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

Can someone tell me why, I can't see anything with Enochian magick?

I've tried everything, and have been at it for a while. I do eyelid scrying.

Its frustrating because Enochian magick is the best magick from my POV.

#20 zonova

• Old Timers
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

ughh... reading the first post made me so much more confused. so much googling to do :P. why do you have to use terminology a beginner cant understand XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users