- - - - -

Funny Abramelin Square result

58 replies to this topic

#1 corneliamarie

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

Ok, I hope someone gets a laugh out of this. It certainly made ME laugh my arse off.

Back in 2002, I decided to curse my husband - we were going through a nasty divorce and custody battle. I mean, just about as nasty as you can get. He accused me of being too mentally ill to care for my son. Which was b.s. Anyway, the cursings were set for nine days. I did a different one, each time. I mixed them up too: I used Demonolatry curses (as a Demonolator usually would), I also used the cursing in Anton LaVey's "The Satanic Bible," plus I used an image candle with a photograph and pins; I admit to be a very non-ceremonial magic kind of person. I'm more practical, but I decided to use a certain Abramelin square on him as well. It was the in the twenty second chapter, number 8 - Upon the head or other parts of the body. I sigilized his name and placed it within the square. As a part of my ritual, I burned the square as well as some Demonic sigils, etc.

Well, after I was finished with all of the cursing, I kind of just sat back and waited. Then not too long after, I noticed that my ex-husband was losing his hair! He had the most beautiful, cascading long blonde locks you could ever see. So, about two years ago (2007) I looked back into my grimiore about the working and re-studied the Abramelin squares. I DID NOT realize one thing: That square means "thy baldness", also "thy rending asunder."

I'll be damned! He started losing his hair shortly after I did the rite. And now, he just has buzzed fuzz atop his head.

It was funny as hell to me; I don't know if you other's would get the same laugh or not. I guess ya just had to be there!

Now I realize, hey, these Abramelin squares work great! LOL.

Please don't berate me or give me any hassle. I did this when I was very young and didn't understand the full meaning of what I was doing. :) A tad inexperienced at the time...

What do you think? I mean, he has no male pattern baldness in his family... and it happening so quickly after my rites, it seems as no coincidence.

CM ;)

#2 VIRAL

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

Way to go! You should give us a link to some info about Abramelin Squares, I am unfamiliar with the term. I'm glad he went bald, do you think he will be rent assunder?

#3 corneliamarie

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:20 PM

VIRAL said:

Way to go! You should give us a link to some info about Abramelin Squares, I am unfamiliar with the term. I'm glad he went bald, do you think he will be rent assunder?

Well I looked up rending asunder- it means being ripped apart. It's a verse out of the Koran, number 84 I believe. I wonder.. would he get ripped apart? That would be the ultimate goal I suppose. ;)

CM

#4 yipe

Look I'm just getting by okay?

• Old Timers
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:36 AM

corneliamarie said:

Well I looked up rending asunder- it means being ripped apart. It's a verse out of the Koran, number 84 I believe. I wonder.. would he get ripped apart?

CM
It's actually a Surah (it's like a chapter) from the Qur'an, the word being translated as "rent asunder is "Inshiqaq." It's a poem about judgement day that compares the fates of believers (mumin) and nonbelievers (kafirun) on judgement day. Guess which one gets "Inshiqaq?

#5 Raokin

• Old Timers
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:56 AM

VIRAL said:

Way to go! You should give us a link to some info about Abramelin Squares, I am unfamiliar with the term.

That's an interesting story. I too would like to know more about Abramelin Squares.

It's interesting that you decided to use a number of different curses from different traditions. Did you do that to make the effects more powerful, to increase the likelihood that you would be successful, or both?

#6 corneliamarie

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

yipe said:

It's actually a Surah (it's like a chapter) from the Qur'an, the word being translated as "rent asunder is "Inshiqaq." It's a poem about judgement day that compares the fates of believers (mumin) and nonbelievers (kafirun) on judgement day. Guess which one gets "Inshiqaq?

Thanks for the correction. ;)

CM

#7 corneliamarie

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:27 PM

Raokin said:

That's an interesting story. I too would like to know more about Abramelin Squares.

It's interesting that you decided to use a number of different curses from different traditions. Did you do that to make the effects more powerful, to increase the likelihood that you would be successful, or both?

You can get a copy of The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage by S.L. MacGregor Mathers, which is the book I used. But I have another version that is much better and includes more squares.

The book basically insists that you work a what is it, five or six month ritual to commune with your Holy Guardian Angel, or some shit like that. My "HGA" is my "HGD" (Holy Guardian Demon) ;), Leviathan.) That was a joke, folks. I don't want to raise any tailfeathers, ok? I have nothing against traditional Ceremonial magic. I just do not use it.

I actually think that using some of the other curses from other traditions kind of made the curse not work as it should have. I should have used The Ba'al Berith Curse, a Demonolatry styled curse that tends to kill people. And that was what I was going for at the time. Now, I really don't care about his existence, other than the fact that he has my son and I can't have him for another nine years, when he turns 18.

I was young then, and I figured, the more curses I piled on him, the more likely it would work. Go figure. At least he has been very miserable and has lost his hair. :) I tried.

CM

#8 malah777

Depths of Silence..

• Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

The Book of Abramelin ( a new translation ) - author G.Dehn & Steven Guth
the german manuscript squares & every single one is completely filled in.
The Mathers edition is incomplete.
Who need this book - can order online from amazon ( the price is $ 29,70 instead of $ 45 )

"Only those who have dared to let go can dare to reenter." - Meister Eckhart

#9 corneliamarie

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:07 PM

malah777 said:

The Book of Abramelin ( a new translation ) - author G.Dehn & Steven Guth
the german manuscript squares & every single one is completely filled in.
The Mathers edition is incomplete.
Who need this book - can order online from amazon ( the price is $ 29,70 instead of $ 45 )

That is my other copy. ;) I did pay a pretty penny for it, too. But it's definitely worth it. The hard cover, the binding and the ribbon, it's so nice!!!
:)

I just used the MacGregor's version because the other one wasn't released until 2006. I did the rituals way back in 2002.

CM

#10 Raokin

• Old Timers
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:40 PM

How, exactly, does one use an Abramelin square? I looked up the term online and found a great many examples of different squares. But none of the resources I've found have clearly stated what to do with them, in ritual terms.

For those interested, the Mathers version of "The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage" can be found here:

http://www.sacred-te...m/abr/index.htm

This website has a number of other grimoires and resources.

#11 corneliamarie

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:43 PM

Raokin said:

How, exactly, does one use an Abramelin square? I looked up the term online and found a great many examples of different squares. But none of the resources I've found have clearly stated what to do with them, in ritual terms.

For those interested, the Mathers version of "The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage" can be found here:

http://www.sacred-te...m/abr/index.htm

This website has a number of other grimoires and resources.

I can tell you how I use them. It's probably completely different than the way anyone else does it... I do my own thing, plus there's Demon's involved. If you're interested, PM me.:D

CM

#12 yipe

• Old Timers
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:35 PM

Oh come on, what's the point of hiding your method in PM? Put it here so the rest of us can learn too!

#13 corneliamarie

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:20 PM

yipe said:

Oh come on, what's the point of hiding your method in PM? Put it here so the rest of us can learn too!

Oh, ok, so you are a bit curious? Well, I suppose I can share with you all how I used it. But please, no scoffing, harassing, or insults!

I will use my cursing example. I made the particular square that I wanted to use. I sigilized my ex-husbands name and placed it inside of the square. On the other side of the square, I placed a Demonic sigil on it. In other words, I connected a Demon to the square to make it more powerful. Then, as per Demonolatry tradition, I placed some blood on the sigil and burnt it as an offering to the Demon. In any case, the Demon must have empowered the square and helped to make it more successful.

I know you are supposed to keep squares as talismans. I have done this before and it has not worked as well. Mind you, it worked, but the results weren't as drastic, nor were they as powerful.

And yes, I'll repeat it again, in Demonolatry - you burn sigils. It's not considered to be a bad thing or to "destroy" a Demons power, etc. In fact, it's a high gesture of offering. You put your energy into the sigil and bleed upon it, and burn it to release it into the universe, so the Demon can feel your good energy and return it to you.

Hope this makes some sense. If clarification is needed, feel free to PM me, or for gawds sake, you can always post it.

I'm just a bit squeamish about talking about certain Demonolatry methods on here because of what has happened to me in the past with the OFS and other Demonolatry sects. They ousted me and really don't like me, so they tend to spread rumors and slander me, as well as libel my name on the Internet. It is a bit paranoid, but I prefer to stay incognito if possible. :D

CM

#14 yipe

• Old Timers
  • 844 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:32 PM

As long as you aren't CPM1 You're doing just fine. I was glad to hear the method, since I have no idea how to use Abramelin's squares without the whole ceremony.

#15 Octarine Prince

• Old Timers
  • 842 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

That is good stuff. I am going to try something similar with my next square.

#16 VIRAL

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:30 PM

Yipe, leave that CPM1 alone, will ya?

#17 corneliamarie

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

VIRAL said:

Yipe, leave that CPM1 alone, will ya?

Who the hell is CPM1??? A troll? Another Demonolator?

Now I'm curious... :D

CM

#18 Raokin

• Old Timers
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

corneliamarie said:

I will use my cursing example. I made the particular square that I wanted to use. I sigilized my ex-husbands name and placed it inside of the square.

This is where I'm a little confused. Most of the squares I've seen are already completely filled in. How do you know where to put information like names without getting rid of other, important information. Did you use a blank square?

#19 Caliban

rough beast

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

Well, were I to attempt such a thing, I would look at the Abremalin square I intended to use, and make note of the number of compartments. Then I would find which planetary square shares that same number of divisions and use that kamea's numeration in tracing a sigil of the name of the subject.

I would then write out a fair copy of the Abramelin square and, in ink of a contrasting color, would then draw the sigil within the square as derived from the letter values. In cursing, I might well invert the sigil relative to the Abramelin square.

Superimposing the sigil over the square shouldn't interfere with the square's purpose if it is properly constructed.

"There is a crack, a crack through everything. That is how the light gets in." -- Leonard Cohen

#20 Raokin

• Old Timers
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:34 PM

Caliban said:

Well, were I to attempt such a thing, I would look at the Abremalin square I intended to use, and make note of the number of compartments. Then I would find which planetary square shares that same number of divisions and use that kamea's numeration in tracing a sigil of the name of the subject.

I would then write out a fair copy of the Abramelin square and, in ink of a contrasting color, would then draw the sigil within the square as derived from the letter values. In cursing, I might well invert the sigil relative to the Abramelin square.

Superimposing the sigil over the square shouldn't interfere with the square's purpose if it is properly constructed.

The process of using squares in general is unfamiliar to me. I've been researching this online and trying to get my planetary derived sigil to fit on the original Abramelin square. None of the letters on the Abramelin square have values that correspond to those of the original name. I guess I must be doing something wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users