- - - - -

Nootropics?

9 replies to this topic

#1 yipe

Look I'm just getting by okay?

• Old Timers
  • 844 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:39 AM

Anyone here use nootropics? Piracetam, gingko biloba, vinpocetine, vasopressin, oxiracetam, lutein, lecithin, L-huperizine A, sulbutiamine, selegiline? Something I didn't think of?

I use piracetam, gingko, lecithin, lutein and vinpocetine, anyone else?

#2 Draginvry

• Old Timers
  • 971 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:41 PM

I drink orange juice.

I'm certain that it has something mind-altering in there...
"You read books about where I have been." - Mugami

#3 Curious Cat

Dances With The Dead

• Owner
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:36 PM

I have used piracetam for a while, but now I just use it after galatamine lucid dreaming experiments to keep my acetylcholine receptors good and sharp.

The only thing that I use a lot of that supposedly boosts brain power is fish oil. I take about 6 grams a day, mostly for mood and to prevent migraines.

#4 yipe

Look I'm just getting by okay?

• Old Timers
  • 844 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:55 AM

Curious Cat said:

I have used piracetam for a while, but now I just use it after galatamine lucid dreaming experiments to keep my acetylcholine receptors good and sharp.
What's galatamine? These experiments sound fascinating.

Curious Cat said:

The only thing that I use a lot of that supposedly boosts brain power is fish oil. I take about 6 grams a day, mostly for mood and to prevent migraines.

Wow that's a lot, but then I don't get migraines. That is why you take such a high dose right, migraines? Sorry if this is too personal, feel free to ignore that question.

#5 VIRAL

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:53 PM

Yes, I am curious about Galatamine as well, especially if it deals with Acetylcholine. Do say more! And don't be afraid to get technical, I don't mind. I use Gaba, it is a calmative and a glutamate modulator. I am using it kind of like weight training, getting the synaptic circuits to adjust themselves to a lower voltage so they have less resistance. Benadryl is also great for this. Oxybutynin is even better, if you can get it. If you want to grow some synapses, eat edamame and drink soy milk.

#6 Curious Cat

Dances With The Dead

• Owner
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:39 AM

I had written an article for the OC newsletter several months back on my lucid dreaming experiments with galantamine, but since I don't think that is happening here is the link to a new thread with the article in it:

http://www.occultcor...49500#post49500

Edited by Curious Cat, 14 July 2009 - 12:48 AM.
Posting a link

#7 Octarine Prince

• Old Timers
  • 842 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

Curious Cat said:

I found out a few months ago that I have that rare situation where I am fine with seafood (love it!), but allergic to fish oil. Looked it up to confirm my suspicions. Wow! I had a near death (or so I thought, haha!) experience with my first attempts at fish oil supplementation.

#8 DancingBuddha

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:18 AM

I had a few very profound experiences taking Piracetam. When it works, it works well. But it doesn't always work. It doesn't even usually work. I would love to get into to it but I don't want to encourage people to start taking drugs. I also think some secrets are worth keeping, for a variety of reasons.

Among other things, Piracetam (when it works) connects the so-called Left and Right hemispheres of the brain to a much higher degree than they are usually connected. When combined with the correct kinds of practices, Piracetam can be very useful and even downright mind-blowing. The higher powers inherent in Piracetam are not "activated" until the use of Piracetam is combined with particular kinds of practices. Unless Piracetam is combined with the correct kinds of practices its effects are not particularly noticeable and are more in line with the kinds of effects you can read about on the Internet.

Piracetam can also have interesting side effects like increasing intuition (which is related to the increased right-left brain connection it causes).
:confused: I am a Buddha. I dance. What more could you need to know? :confused:

#9 VIRAL

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:11 PM

I have Myoclonus as a side effect of my meds. Perhapse I could get a prescription for Piracetam. I take Gaba as well (I have to hide it from my doctor, as well as B vitamins) Gaba is a wise teacher, and Piracetam is a derivative of Gaba. I wonder how they would act together.

#10 Pandora

Πανδώρα

• Gold Member
  • 547 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

DancingBuddha said:

I had a few very profound experiences taking Piracetam. When it works, it works well. But it doesn't always work. It doesn't even usually work. I would love to get into to it but I don't want to encourage people to start taking drugs. I also think some secrets are worth keeping, for a variety of reasons.

Among other things, Piracetam (when it works) connects the so-called Left and Right hemispheres of the brain to a much higher degree than they are usually connected. When combined with the correct kinds of practices, Piracetam can be very useful and even downright mind-blowing. The higher powers inherent in Piracetam are not "activated" until the use of Piracetam is combined with particular kinds of practices. Unless Piracetam is combined with the correct kinds of practices its effects are not particularly noticeable and are more in line with the kinds of effects you can read about on the Internet.

Piracetam can also have interesting side effects like increasing intuition (which is related to the increased right-left brain connection it causes).

Really? My corpus callosum is hungry to try this out.

I've not been experimental with drugs in a while but the majority of these are things i've never tried. This thread is tempting me to plan some little adventures.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users