- - - - -

Introduce Yourself...

70 replies to this topic

#41 8people

• Old Timers
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

- How did you come to find the path you're on?
My beliefs have not truly alterred much since infancy. I have always questioned my own beliefs and that what has been taught to me in equal measure and found myself satisfied in what I hold

- How long have you been interested/involved in the occult?
I guess true interest arose when I was around six, I got into trouble in my community at the age of eleven and had been bullied by various partners and friends to "cut that shit out" until I was 21, so am still a fledgling who has had very little ability to practice over the years :D

- What path do you follow?
I could only reference myself as a Witch who holds strong left hand path principals. I have found my beliefs to be similar to LaVeyan beliefs, though also share some aspects of Wicca and modern nature based paganism

- If theistic, what deities/entities do you work with?
I work with the Lord and Lady, they are the gods I worship and call upon, though the power is my own, I believe they show a way to enhance it.

- If atheistic, why do you not work with deities/entities?
There are many instances where calling upon my gods in unecessary practice.

- What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.?
My preference would be having a separate altar room with all my tools, statuary, symbolism, appropriate attire (don't ask!) and wooden flooring. As it is, I live in a studio flat, which doesn't sto pme plotting away!

- Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path?
I honour eight separate holidays throughout the year and also follow the welsh equivalent of Valentines Day. I follow Halloween as the new year and a time of renewal. Plus the seven typical wiccan holidays, though am often scolded when I include the 'negative' aspects of the holisay instead of focusing all on the 'nice' ones.

#42 hppavmx704

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:49 PM

Ever since I read the Satanic Bible. From there I went on to read about Druids, Black Magic, Necromancy, Wicca, and so much more.

Haven't found a path that I follow yet. hoping that in the future I do. I am currently looking into Demonolatry though.

So basically, I've just done research into the Occult and several other RHP's. I have tried several different RHP's and never liked a single one. I am willing now to try a LHP and see where that leads me.

#43 Nysidra

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

Experimentation. Throwing out what I didn't like, moving further toward the things I enjoyed.

16 years at this point.

My own. If you blended elemental sorcery, gnostic Luciferianism, demonolatry, and a love for ecstatic states - then you'd get close.
The elemental sorcery part is of my own making. That would be the Nysidra symbol system. It's my road map for my divination work and what I base my symbolism on, and the creation of energy constructs.

I'm not theistic exactly. While I admire and respect Lucifer, it's not religious. I'll work with any entity that shows up, for 5 minutes or for several years. As long as you're cool, I'm cool. But I'm neither theistic or atheistic. I'm philosophical and whimsical.

- What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.?
Um, more organic. I create all of my workings. I use the basic structure of a ceremony, but not in a way recognized in a book. The working is designed around the rite. It can be a simple hour long affair or something I put energy into over the course of several months. I like to work with 'things.' I'll create an object, building a structure, that represents my intent in accordance with relevant symbolism. Here it told, this is a very 'primitive' way of doing things. Then I'm primitive then.

- Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path?
My birthday being the holy of holies (but more because of a overwhelming love of myself and being alive). I find celestial events quite wonderful (again, more because they appeal to me than any ritual significance), but other than that... no. I'm irreverent to the bone. Not to say I don't celebrate, just not on a repeatable schedule.

#44 horror in a bottle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

Hello to all...

The path that I follow once seemed clear and straight, but as I have grown has become more of a river whose shifting currents have shown me more facets of myself and the world with each passing day. I can't say that I am a purist to any spiritual path, only that I believe in staying true to myself on the path to enlightenment....

I have been interested in the occult for the whole of my reading life, which began when I was very young but I don't remember the exact age. My actual experience began only about 3 years ago when I was lucky enough to get to know one of my Co-workers better and discovered that he was a knowledgeable Occultist! I not only Gained a good friend but also an invaluable teacher as well.

I am not a very experienced magician in the practical or ceremonial aspects, but I have long experience in meditation and introspection. Some of the places I have been in my life and some of the things I have done have given me some excellent tools which I have found are very helpful in magical work.

I possess a ravenous hunger for knowledge, and I hope that through this site I may have the good fortune to meet like minded people.

All the best.

#45 Devona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

I know no other. I was raised within the left-hand-path.

It’s a normal part of my life. (I consider it normal.)

I found out I am following my own unique path on the left hand side.

I’m for al intents and purposes a theistic Satanist although not in worshipping mode. Satan made clear to me that he prefers me to be self sufficient and responsible in all and everything I do.
I like Satan, the demons of the Goetia and al entities that have that dark cloudy specific energy that I’m so familiar with when I connect with Satan.

Several and I am open to trying new ways.

I’m fairly good on the divination side.
I used a pendle for a while and runes.
Not much success with Tarot or witch board.
My best and most reliable way has become meditation and demonolatry.

I have limited success with other peoples spells and rituals. They work way better if I make them myself.

Nope.

#46 poesis

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:28 PM

Hi everyone...

It was a long process, and I ended up right back where I started. But, I see things differently now.
Not really sure... if I wasn't born this way, it's at least been most of my life.
The easy answer is firmly LHP, but obviously it's more complicated than that. These days I go where I'm taken. Like I said above, it's been a long process and it'll likely never be over, so the "path" doesn't get easily defined.
I am devoted and theistic. I've worked with a number of different deities/entities, but the few that have either remained constant and/or forcibly insinuated themselves are best known as Satan/Lucifer, Babalon/Lilith, and Death. For me, these three form a trinity of life, death, and gnosis.
I'm not atheistic, but due to some minor background in physics & math I can appreciate the value of scientific ritualism. And aside from the value, I just think it's terribly interesting.
I used to be very nitpicky and organized, but over the years I've realized that my results are far more potent if I let go and allow natural evolution within ritual. I do still prepare, but now I allow a lot more creative expression. Some of my most memorable experiences came from impromptu, unplanned and poetic workings. That said, I think the only reason that works for me is because I had years of practice within rigid frameworks; I don't think that free expression should be a substitute for proper training. There aren't any shortcuts, but unfortunately we live in an "instant gratification" society where people are always looking for the easy way.

In general the majority of my practice is devotional rather than practical. I rarely encounter situations that can't be handled with mundane means (in fact I've often wondered if my devotional practice has maybe greased the wheels of life a bit), so my rituals are not usually designed for specific practical purposes. Sometimes I will incorporate something mundane in a larger ritual, but I can't even remember the last time I just did some straight-up magic. It's been years probably. But, at the same time I think magical practice is so ingrained in myself at this point that I don't always notice it anymore.
- Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path?Occasionally. Most of my rites are on an as-needed/as-desired basis.

I've actually been around OC for a couple years, lurking and unregistered. I've really enjoyed reading people's insightful thoughts on the variety of topics here. Figured I should probably start contributing. :)

#47 Achair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

Hey all, i'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself through this post

I did? Since when? What path? There is a path? Oh shit, what did i do wrong!?!?
Oh wait, i work with black shadow entities, coloured entities and those i come across as being nice and helpfull.

Quite a few years. Was kinda born into the occult, serious interest came later on.

What is this obession with paths? I follow the "achairian" path.

Dark shadow, colourfull entities. Those who i come across as being helpfull and "teacher" like. I'm in for a chitchat on most occassions.

Most of my workings come from stuff i found out by accident, like swirling meditation. I did that as a young kind and found out i could enter a nifty trance this way. Otherwise i'm quite able to work with sigils, energy meditations, invocations and evocations. I'm quite able to work through dreams (invocations/evocations) and astral projection as well. Astral projection is my favorite obession.

Define holidays and celebrations.

#48 Alice

• Banned
  • 883 posts
  • LocationNot here!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:47 AM

Originally, I called for help, and Hecate answered. From that day forward I traveled slowly toward the dark path for years before I realized that was where I was going. It's always been my nature, but it took a while to put a name to it.

Interested, since day one. I was raised by psychic parents and grandparents.

I walk the path of the medicine woman, but I tread the darker side of that path; the part where one learns that the poisons that harm can also heal. To coin a phrase, I can cure what ails you or ail what cures you. All in all, I prefer the cures. My great work is that of trying to teach others that dark does not mean evil. The stars can only be seen at night. I am by no stretch of the imagination a master of my path or my arts, just another traveler.

I am a priestess of Hecate and Medusa, and huntress of Artemis. I have also had some dealings with Hermes and Cerridwen among more than a few others. Anecdotally speaking, Cerridwen once gave me a reading list.

I have been asked to perform ritual work on each full moon, new moon, and crescent moon, dedicated to each of my three goddesses respectively (Artemis at the crescent, Medusa on the full, and Hecate at the new). When I do spellwork, it's mostly on an informal basis, simply raising energy on the fly and sending it where I need it. I only do "circle work" so to speak for major projects.

I only really observe Samhain and Yule, because those are the only pagan holidays acceptable to my family, but I acknowledge the eight sabbats and plan on making informal observances for all eight when I'm a little more free to move. My idea of a holiday activity is a family meal and appropriate activities to prepare for the year ahead. On Samhain I spend some time reflecting on successes and failures of the past year, and I do some communication with lost loved ones when necessary. Yule is for family, and on Ostara, physical and psychic spring cleaning. So on and so forth. Complex rituals and pretty words just don't do it for me.

May you find what you seek,
Landra

#49 blutnacht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

You may call me Exo . I suppose I am new to the Abyss, though I have been studying it for over a year and a half now .

After being cheated by christinaity's bigots, I started dabbling about with witchcraft and psychic vampirism before finally settling down with the Goetia (disregarding Solomonic methods and basically doing the opposite of them), and after learning things I would never have imagined possible, I promptly discarded my past and dedicated myself to Daemonolatry . I've never looked back .

I have been interested in peculiar and dark things for my entire life . It's not limited to the occult; I have an innate curiosity for psychopathic serial killers and the like . Ha .

I like to think of myself as a Traditional Daemonolator, but I often cross the line into Modern Daemonolatry .

My first was Orobas, a Goetic demon . He since has a special place in my heart . I'm in the process of learning about Flereous, as He would be my elemental counterpart based on my astrological sign . (Sagittarius) I work with many demons, particularly those from the Goetia and the Dukante hierarchy .

N/A

I practice Ceremonial Magick, though when in a rush I discard the formalities and directly invite an Entity into myself .

The rites to the elementals, the rite to Eurynomous, the rite to Delepitore, the likes .

#50 Amzy

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:13 AM

I am a Polytheistic Satanist. This means I worship more than just one deity. I worship Satan, Lilith, Ashtoreth, and Ba'al Zebub. I first interested after being told of it by a friend, I first looked into the JoyOfSatan, but tossed it off after reading all the rants about aliens. I prefer using spells I find in occult books I find. I've experimented with the Necronomicon Spellbook/Necronomicon, Aradia: Gospel of the Witches, and The Witches' Bible (Got it the same Summer as my first tarot deck and the Necronomicon). I eventually settled with putting all my beliefs into notebooks, really it's taken from the Wiccan's idea of a Book of Shadows, except it doesn't contain really any spells, mostly religious rites, holidays, tales, hierarchies, etc. I celebrate six holidays, each one given a reason for celebrate based on the myths in the notebook. For divination, I always use tarot cards, or oracle cards. The tarot deck I use is the Necronomicon Tarot, which uses the entities of Lovecraft's tales, and I also use the Fallen Angel Oracle cards. That deck is the 72 demons (or fallen angels) of the Goetia.

#51 Alice

• Banned
  • 883 posts
  • LocationNot here!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:15 AM

Nice to meet you Amzy. Sounds like you've made some interesting friends.

Just want to note for the record that the Necronomicon is a work of fiction written by horror novelist H.P. Lovecraft. While it could be used as a meditation tool and so on if you like, it is not based on reality.

Alice

#52 Iago

The DUKE of FLUKE

• Old Timers
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSnowy Wastes

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

Landra said:

Nice to meet you Amzy. Sounds like you've made some interesting friends.

Just want to note for the record that the Necronomicon is a work of fiction written by horror novelist H.P. Lovecraft. While it could be used as a meditation tool and so on if you like, it is not based on reality.

Alice
Actually I don't think HPL ever wrote any book called the Necronomicon, although he definitely invented it, as a literary device in his works of fiction. There have been a few Necronomicons released that contain actual magical techniques based on the mythos of Lovecraft's world, probably the most wide-spread is the one written by a man known only as "Simon." Since he mentioned it in tandem with a separate "Necronomicon Spellbook" I'm assuming it's the said Simon version. Welcome, yo!

SCIENTIAM SAPIENTIS, SAPIENTIAM PVER

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

The gods, they are but masks. Who is wearing them?

#53 Alice

• Banned
  • 883 posts
  • LocationNot here!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:53 AM

http://www.amazon.co...23398884&sr=8-1

Abdul Alhazred is H.P. Lovecraft. I don't know that Simon isn't also him. I found an edition of Simon's Necronomicon Spellbook which also credits Lovecraft AND Alhazred, which makes its credibility practically zero. I know Donald Tyson also wrote a Necronomicon, and his work isn't bad. The original Necronomicon was definitely bunk, but there may be other books associated with the name which are not. Still, I question the education of anyone who would use the name. Not sure I'd buy a book from them.

Alice

#54 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

Landra, it's a bit of a game of lets-pretend. Those guys crediting Alhazred are doing so with their tongues firmly in their cheeks, in the chaos magic mode of making the fictional real enough to work with. So don't let that stop you from using the books.

Of course, what stops me is the "hey look I took a well worn Western esoteric trope and copy-pasted Lovecraft mythos stuff in!" approach so many Necronomicon authors employ. I don't particularly want to work with that mythos as Lovecraft described (that would be suicidally stupid) but I don't appreciate watered-down care-bears versions of them either.
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

#55 Iago

The DUKE of FLUKE

• Old Timers
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSnowy Wastes

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hear hear, it certainly doesn't make a particular book on magic or mysticism "bunk" just 'cause it draws on fictional sources. Many would say the Bible is bunk, because there's no such thing as talking snakes, as well as countless other things that defy reason and proper non-fiction as we know it today... and saying that would be correct in some regard, but entirely misguided in another. For we all know how powerful the Bible is at inspiring action, fictive or not - ideas, even the fictional ones, are real and quite powerful.

SCIENTIAM SAPIENTIS, SAPIENTIAM PVER

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

The gods, they are but masks. Who is wearing them?

#56 Alice

• Banned
  • 883 posts
  • LocationNot here!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:42 AM

Very well said Iago. Fiction in some respects is even more powerful than fact, this is true enough. In fact, often times by having enough belief in something which is not true, it becomes true.

This is the basis of a lot of magic, especially that of the self-improvement kind. You look in the mirror and try to see yourself not as you are, but as you wish to be, and this ritual reprograms your subconscious to seek out the choices that will make that image real. People lose weight by thinking themselves thin all the time. On the other hand, people die by believing they're Superman and jumping off of roofs from time to time as well. The trick, I think, is to believe in yourself without believing you're Superman.

Voidgazing, same applies, you make an excellent point, but as you say, there's a limit. That limit is different for each of us, but my limit happens to be just this side of basing a religious ritual off of something written by a horror novelist. To my mind, there's a huge gaping chasm between a work of spiritual metaphor meant to represent the highest wisdom and the depths of the human condition (The Epic of Gilgamesh, The Bhagavad Gita, and The Bible) and a work of fictional entertainment no matter how philosophical it may be (The Necronomicon, Harry Potter, and Garfield) and the uses of the two are not interchangeable. I will grant that there are some exceptions. I know of people that use the gods from The Silmarillion, and it works; and in spite of my protests to the contrary there's no real guarantee that all our gods aren't just really old thoughtforms.

I think, for my part, knowing and making an informed decision is the key. I know Hecate could conceivably be a thoughtform, and I choose to act under the belief that she is not. If anyone ever proves me wrong I want to know, but it won't change what I do. If someone wants to treat the Necronomicon as a magical text book, that's great as long as it works for them, but they owe it themselves to know that it was written by Lovecraft, and if knowing that keeps it from being effective for them, they have a lot to learn.

Alice

#57 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

And with that said, let's get this thread back on track. It is for members to indroduce themselves. Anything mentioned here that results in an in depth discussion should be taken somewhere else.

#58 mrblack

• Old Timers
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

12 years or so.

Since I was a kid. I've had constant run ins with it but I only
started seriously studying when I was 15.

Sorcery (or the style I follow which I dub "Freestyle Sorcery").

Lucifer, some Saints but normally I work with a balance set of deities/entities.

N/A

Depends on what I feel necessary and what I have in the house. It could be as simple
as saying a rite with the appropriate elemental energy or a full blown ritual (this doesn't
happen much though, I prefer the quick and dirty launching).

My birthday, New years - that's all.

#59 Inge

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hi. :) I am Inge. I was looking to dig deeper in confirmation of what my experiences have been thus far and have found that most things I have come to recognize as being labeled as occult are not what they are said to be nor are what they appear to be.

Thank you for this community.

#60 sen

laughing god

• Moderators
  • 1,462 posts
  • Locationthe middlemarches

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

How did you come to find the path you're on?

I'm not too clear on this point myself. I've always been a "spooky kid" growing up, interested in death, the dead, ghosts, crossroads and other things that go bump in the night. That hasn't always been at the center of my spirituality, however. For a great many years I focused on all things celestial, favoring the sun and his solar domain. I learned a lot from the sun and at some point, something inside me clicked, and I moved on from the sun's lessons and embraced the moon and the dark. It's almost as though by understanding all things bright and light and clear I could better appreciate the dark. I could never claim to understand it, for its essential nature is that of mystery.

How long have you been interested/involved in the occult?

Unofficially, ever since I could remember. My family is/was Catholic, and there's a lot of mysticism in Catholicism. My brothers and I were very curious about the things we were taught about and, for some reason, we were especially interested in the nature of Hell: What is it like, how does one get there (and, more importantly, how does one avoid it)? My grandmother also grew up with local superstitions: She would warn my brothers and I not to stay out passed dark lest the hiboux or perhaps the rougarou get us! These stories also influenced one of my aunts who has a healthy interested in horror fiction and the supernatural. She, in turn, fueled my interest in these things.

In High School (1996 or so) a friend of mine began to investigate Wicca. While her interest didn't last long, mine did. I took it as far as I could on my own before realizing that while Wicca itself wasn't for me, witchcraft was. This understanding (that witchcraft and me are a definite match) has remained with me ever since.

What path do you follow?

I just say "Witchcraft" because I cannot think of anything else that fits well enough. Other terms are either too restrictive, or not completely accurate. I am heavily influenced by Tibetan and Zen Buddhism, but I do not mix my Witchcraft with my Buddha-dharma. I feel they serve their separate purposes in my life, addressing subjects and needs that the other does not.

If theistic, what deities/entities do you work with?

I promised not to say Posted Image

What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.?

The more atmosphere, mood and setting, the better. I want to be fully and completely immersed in the essence of the work. It's not enough for me to have an altar and some candles. I want a room lit by candles, the air heavy with incense, appropriate background music, an auspicious time, the right dress and jewelry. I don't want a neat and tidy and orderly altar, either. I want a messy, organic work of art. I want drama.

Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path?

I honor the Solstices, the Equinox, Halloween, Tsukimi (the Moon-Watching Festival) and a few other times of the year that don't have any celestial significance but mean a lot to me and my friends (such as a yearly outdoor music festival we all go to and camp out at; it is definitely a sacred time and space).

Edited by Rin, 03 March 2012 - 01:16 AM.

i love being god; it's my favourite hobby

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users