- - - - -

Introduce Yourself...

70 replies to this topic

#61 sol12

• Old Timers
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

How did you come to find the path you're on?

One could say my whole life is what set me on. I've always known I was different from everyone around me and that I'd be apart of something most would not be able to accept, but this only gave me drive. I discovered my energy and abilities at a young age, but didn't fully embrace my path until the year before my freshman year of high school.

How long have you been interested/involved in the occult?

After I came into my abilities, I entered the realm of the occult around the beginning of my freshman year, though my level of activity wavered from time to time, so about six years.

What path do you follow?

My own. I don't take from just one source, system or spiritual path, and instead take from the Light and Dark, and everything in between. I only go by what I have personally and thoroughly found to be true.

If theistic, what deities/entities do you work with?

I don't discriminate. Angel, Demon, Reaper, what ever comes my way, to work with or against.

What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.?

Keep it simple. No showmanship or theatrics, just efficient use of my energy and will.

Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path?

I follow a select few, but nothing major really.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

#62 K-r-x

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

View PostSaiege, on 28 October 2008 - 03:38 AM, said:

I didn't see a thread like this so here goes...

If you are a practitioner of any LHP... Please post an introduction here...

Some questions to think about/answer.... (In no particular order, of course.)

- How did you come to find the path you're on?
I met someone who became a sort of teacher and then a best friend who made me take an honest look at it.

- How long have you been interested/involved in the occult?
Interested? Since I was six and found out I could check out books from the "occult" section of the school library. I wasn't really fully involved in more than an armchair/amature way until I was 18, the year 2000.

- What path do you follow?
Khaos magic.

- If theistic, what deities/entities do you work with?
Any of them that listen when I call to them. Primarily DKMU egrigores and goetics lately though.

- If atheistic, why do you not work with deities/entities?
Atheism does not prevent work with either, though I'm less one or the other and mostly of the "doesnt make a difference either way" mindset.

- What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.?
Trappings are nice but not always nessissary. Most protection methods are there more to give piece of mind than to do what people think they are doing. A circle and watchers method serves less to protect than to get you right on a psychological level and the only true protection in ritual is experience and will.

- Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path?
Halloween. Because it would be a sin to ignore something that awesome. Emperor Norton day.

Feel free to answer any question listed above or any not listed...
I think I always loved the idea of witches, not the modern actuality, but my old six year old perception of what they were Supposed to be. The closest tradition to match that image of my youth is that of Khaos, and that is why it appeals to me. Magic should be fun or what is the point, and trying to be what awed me as a child is what I originally found most fun and inspiring... what struck a cord in my heart and mind.

This is just a way for us LHP'ers to get to know each other more.

** I will post mine on another thread. **

#63 QuercusRobur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLeighton Buzzard, England

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

If you are a practitioner of any LHP... Please post an introduction here...

Now that's a question in itself. If you call LHP a willingness to curse, then yes I'm one. What I call my path is always something with "Irish" in it, but depends on who I'm talking to. For myself, it's just the s**t that I do, or more accurate label is "my own path" - I have an Aquarian ascendant. I tend not to worry too much about what others think or labels and worry about if something is right for me or my path

Some questions to think about/answer.... (In no particular order, of course.)

My deities tapping me on the shoulder and saying "oy you! pay attention" or something along those lines. I thought I'd get Scottish deities since I'm Scottish born and bred, but later found out that my clan comes from the part of Scotland that Dalriada used to be.

Interested all my life, involved for ten years

I prefer saying "what deities work with me?" as it's up to them if they show up or not. The Morrigan, Donn, The Dagda, Sionnan, Brigit and Flidais are my main ones, although Flidais hasn't shown up for a while now.

- What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.?

Talismans - I have a charm bracelet with them on. I can and have been searched in my work, so while I can carry them around with me I'd prefer that questions weren't asked and they were pawed through, thus the charm bracelet. I do a fair bit of protection work at the moment. I need to renew the house one and do the cat's health at Beltane*. We do have pet insurance, but I did this (and got insurance) after she got ringworm from hedgehogs. I don't want to have to shampoo a cat again, although thankfully it was only her ear that was affected. It cost £100 as well.

- Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path?

The Celtic eight.

*I could do it at another time than Beltane, but it fits with the celebration. I usually do the house at Imbolc, but used up all my dried nettles as tea to recover from being ill and they weren't growing in Britain then
For vampire fiction blog, go to http://margueritemorris.wordpress.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“They say that all the pubs on the Mendip Hills are connected by straight lines. What they mean is that they probably aren’t officially, but you just set out across the fields and walk through the fences and things, because the cider does very strange things to your brain” Terry Pratchett.

#64 Steven Edwards

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

Quantum theory led me to Chaos Magick, and I've been studying many different paradigms to support my work.
I never realized it until recently, but everything my father taught me through the years was about will and the desire for knowledge and freedom.
I take what makes sense to me personally, mostly from Zen Buddhism and LaVeyan Satanism.
- If theistic, what deities/entities do you work with? Well, I'm sort of a pantheistic agnostic or something like that. They don't exist to me unless I presently believe they do. I haven't really worked with them much, as I've yet to have any serious need to.
- What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.? Well for banishing, I find the gnostic thunderbolt works wonderfully, and Zen/Void meditation, I use crystals and sigils, automatic drawing, servitors, stuff like that.
- Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path? Ehhhh, I'm really shitty at keeping track of dates, but if someone's like "hey, today's Beltaine" or whatever, then I'll join in on the festivities and whatnot, sure.

#65 Mortose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

How did you come to find the path you're on?

My path found me.

How long have you been interested/involved in the occult?

Since I was thirteen.

What path do you follow?

My own.

If atheistic, why do you not work with deities/entities?

Due to a lot of misunderstanding regarding what makes an Atheist, I will define what Atheism means to me.

Atheism literally means without belief in god / other deities. I hold no belief because the existence of god / other deities or lack thereof simply does not offer me enough benefit to bother with. As for when I work with other entities, I do not concern myself as to whether they are real or not, I just proceed according to what I senseand experience.

What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.?

I do not engage in spells or rituals/rites. I find such to be intended as a manner of focusing the mind to accomplish what one desires. If I want something enough, I attain it; spells and rites to me are for the most part a horrible waste of time.

Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path?

I enjoy All Hallows Eve, though it has nothing to do with my path really.
Posted Image

#66 Mortose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostSaiege, on 28 October 2008 - 03:38 AM, said:

- My path found me

- Eleven years

- My own

- It is difficult to define myself as either theistic or atheistic, considering I do not care if there is or is not a god. On the same token, I do not deny the existence of any deity or group of entities. Lastly, when I do choose to work with something, it remains nameless and I do not concern myself as to whether it is literal, psycho-fabricated or imagined; it serves my goals regardless.

- No
Posted Image

#67 MizuRyuu

Dragonkin

• Old Timers
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

I started out studying as a wiccan in 2010, but didn't actually practice magick till 2011. And I'm no longer a wiccan. Now I just consider myself a crazy Eclectic Pagan Witch, which is a title that suits me just fine. I don't really like labels, but that's the best way to describe what I am and what I do.

I've been interested in it since I was a child. There were too many things that couldn't be explained through my christian upbringing or in general. No one had a legit answer or could give answers to my questions that made sense.

Not sure how to answer that other than I just follow my own path. I believe that everything I do or say, there is a reson behind it all. It all leads to me following my own path through spiritual guidance.

Many of them.

Well, I don't work with Tiamat because I had a bad experience with her that chased me off and I haven't had an encounter with her since (at least as far as I'm consciously aware of I haven't.)

I don't participate in rituals, spells, and rites. The only thing I do mostly is I'll leave offerings or burn incense or something like that in honor of the diety or spirital being that I asked for help with myself and my life and thanking them for giving me protection, ect. Right now I don't really have the resources to leave the herbal offerings or burn the incense some of them would prefer, and they understand completely and they know my situation will change soon. In a good way.

Not really. I'd like to but I feel I have no real reason or purpose to do so. Although, if I had it my way, I would have week long celebrations for each one lol.

#68 Bbiceman

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

Hi, i'm very new and was most interested in learning about necromancy. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated since i don't know where to start.

#69 Bbiceman

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:10 AM

I'm not sure if anyone will see this, but i'm most interested in learning how to summon spirits. I have no experience or understanding of any magical concepts and desperately need help.

#70 Bbiceman

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

hi my name is Brandon, Im 17 and am looking forsomeone to teach me about necromancy. Particularly summoning things. If you caan help me start out that would be awesome, thanks.

#71 voidgazing

• Owner
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

Well me lad, first you're going to have to say what you mean by necromancy (as there are a number of arts quite different from one another called that). Then, particularly summoning what, in particular, and why?
This is a postcard sent from the dining room of the HMS Russel's Teapot. Wish you were here- the band is spot on tonight, and we're having "all the way down" turtle soup!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users