- - - - -

Introduce Yourself...

70 replies to this topic

#1 Saiege

Knows the Answer

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:38 AM

I didn't see a thread like this so here goes...

If you are a practitioner of any LHP... Please post an introduction here...

Some questions to think about/answer.... (In no particular order, of course.)

- How did you come to find the path you're on?
- How long have you been interested/involved in the occult?
- What path do you follow?
- If theistic, what deities/entities do you work with?
- If atheistic, why do you not work with deities/entities?
- What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.?
- Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path?

Feel free to answer any question listed above or any not listed...

This is just a way for us LHP'ers to get to know each other more.

** I will post mine on another thread. **

Saiege

#2 Saiege

Knows the Answer

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:45 AM

After seven to eight years searching for my path, having been in Wicca and Pentecostal/Charismatic Christianity, I began searching Luciferianism after being fed up with what I was finding and being left unsatisfied and thirsty for more.

I do not currently do much workings but I am serious about my studies and so far feel a connection with Ahriman and Az, as well as Baphomet. I do look at the Infernal Union of Samael and Lillith as a major aspect but considering that I am a Yatus (Luciferian Witch) I work more with the Witch-Deities/Entities... Ahriman, Az, Baphomet, and Cain.

I am open to many other paths, including Hoodoo, being incorporated into what I believe as an individual and refuse to settle for what just feels right when there is so much more to find... Yes, I am really eclectic but that's the best part of being Luciferian, I believe. :)

As for holidays, I'm still tossing them in the air and figuring out which works for me more... I am definitely not much for the Celtic labels of the holidays but other than that... Whatever works for one, may not quite work for another.

My favorite methods of divination, although still trying to find what works for me, are tarot cards, automatic writing, scrying, and meditation.

I've been interested in the occult since I was a child... it's quite the long story... so for brevity's sake, I'll just say it started with a "witch" who was my biological father's ex-wife giving me a stuffed devil with theban script in it, according to what I've been told.

Saiege

#3 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:49 PM

I found a girl, lol...
A few years before I found that girl, though it was then that I REALLY got into it. (You can read more about all that here: A different brand of [Theistic] Satanism )

It was a strange deistic Satanism, with elements from the Necronomicon tossed in to make it interesting...
Satan and Tiamat, with the rest of the Necro Deities as well. (Shouts out to the Big C)
N/a
- What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.?
Mostly Prayer and Dream Work. Beyond that it was mostly divination and spellcasting lite™
- Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path?
I celebrate Tiamat's birthday as seen in the Witches Almanac. Which by the way falls on November 6th.

As I pretty much stayed on the Necronomicon side of things I pretty much post in the Cthulhu Mythos forum rather then here...

#4 Guest_Case_*

• Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:02 AM

Nairhti said:

I didn't see a thread like this so here goes...

If you are a practitioner of any LHP... Please post an introduction here...

Some questions to think about/answer.... (In no particular order, of course.)

My parents are both rather open minded and I got into reading about the occult from a very early age. I started out performing rituals from various Golden Dawn stuff, trying to summon demons and the like y'know, but totally bypassed all the safety precautions - hey, I was nine! I thought I was bulletproof! After a few rather scary outcomes I decided to get into the whole magical thing for real and the rest is history.

Nairhti said:

A very long time. I feel very old.

Nairhti said:

I dont really have a 'path' per se - I just go with what works. I guess you could call what I do Chaos Witchcraft, because its mostly a mix of hedge-witchery and Chaos magical paradigm piracy, but this changes from day to day depending on how lazy I'm feeling. Some days I'm more into Goetic workings or serious Qaballistic study, other times I just go for Discordian madness.

Nairhti said:

I have a patron demon - Titivilus. Me and Mr T go waaaay back, and have done a fair bit. Check him out - he doesnt mind one bit. I also work a fair bit with Goetic demons, and have been known to get hard out into Qlippothic work and other demonic arts. I tried Xtianity for a couple of days but couldnt get into it enough, you know?

Nairhti said:

Depends on whats working for me at the time. Sometimes its hard-line ritual study and practice, other times its half a carrot and a stick of cellery, innit?

Nairhti said:

I try to be pretty open to celebrations and festival days - if I remember one I usually pay homage to it.

Nairhti said:

Feel free to answer any question listed above or any not listed...

This is just a way for us LHP'ers to get to know each other more.

No worries, mate - nice to meet you ;)

** I will post mine on another thread. **

#5 CPM1

• Old Timers
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:20 AM

Hello and i'm sure i upset somepeople by not listening enough in the past but thats just something i was going through and still am actually .

I would never have dreamed of being involved in the LHP but the thing is i been doing occult stuff since my teens including auras and energies telepathy and healing and touching energies and astral stuff, but i'm really not the type to target others generally but it's just that i've been the target myself now for at least 2 years very very seriously a target of dark occult attacks and for much longer than that it was going on but distant from me.

The problem was this i spent about 15 years from 18 -33 round about with this occult society and after that they thought they owned me.

I get somewhere in my personal work, reach a powerfull connection for myself and next thing that happens is this ghost appears of the leader of the society i left 20 years ago. ( The Emin society) Well i'm shocked somewhat it hasn't happened before. So the story is that i'm needed for a special job because i've made this personal discovery in the area of the occult and there is a power i have which i'm just begining to learn what to do with it.

But it's all a lie the idea is to mess me up so bad that the ghost can take control and what proceeds after that is some experiences so bad i can hardly speak of them.

So i've been the target of so much black magic that i'm beginning to understand it.

My body feels strange they have done so many bad things to me in the astral it's suffering so bad that i cut off from it i can't deal with it and thats the idea really so nasty and gross that the person just retreats in themselves and this is going on every day and night very intensly.

The society wants to be a power in the world and sees it's chance through me because i personally made this connection to a new form of power and they want their leader to have the option of another few years i suppose perhaps through a series of surrogates.???

I would never have believed this kind of thing 5 years ago but now i'm seriously a believer that this stuff does and can go on.

What do you think????

#6 Mantus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:08 PM

Since I can remember, I have had a connection with the "Dark Path". Around 15 years ago I aquired a text called The Satanic Bible, I saw what I would now call a "reflection" of myself in it's words. Since my discovery, I have embraced what I now know I was born with. Enough with all of the jargon, my path has been modified by myself as of recently and my scope on things has widened. I am here because I want knowledge of things, things that I may incorporate into my workings. Plain and simple.

- How long have you been interested/involved in the occult?-

As I stated above, knowingly about 15-20 years or so.

What path do you follow?
-

I don't know exactly how to make sense of what I feel through words, so I will give it my best shot. I walk an Atheistic path, until recently when my Rituals started to become so powerful that I had a change of heart about what was actually taking place. I have always recognized deities/entities in Ritual, but only for the use of focusing energy and emotion, never with the expectation of conjuration. Things have happened that I can't explain, I am here to learn as much as possible about everything.

In regards to Spells/Rituals, I have always utilized what was presented/offered in The Satanic Bible as a foundation. As many have, I have learned to customize and/or write my own Rituals to better reflect whatever result I am looking for. I am very interested in Enochian as I always tie different Keys into my workings. Enochian though, is an area of great interest to me as I believe that these Keys have the capacity to change things, in many different ways, an area of which I wish to learn more. I have a unique Ritual Chamber, it has become a very powerful place for me, and I believe is a catalyst behind the strong presence that I feel when conducting work.

Well, in short, I look forward to conversing here and thank you in advance for your hospitality.

#7 Ajax

• Old Timers
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:57 AM

Yo

Through an interesting life, disected by my keen intellect, enabled by my unique charm and heavily seasoned with humor til it's barely recognizable.

Years, thousands and thousands of years.

A zig-zag-y mess of fun and sorcery

None, though I do drink with Dionysus, when the occasion arises.

They're boring (save Dionysus and Hermes). That and I don't believe that any exist.

Sorcery, shamanism, ecstatic ritual, basically. Chaos magie and alchemic symbologie.

Standard american holidays and all that (Valentine's, St. Paddy's, 4th of July, etc.) and also january 1st as janus day and the 6th of jan for dio. Also the new year of the zodiac in march.

Ummm... besides that, you'll really just have to see my posts to get a handle on who/what I am/do.

Later, Kids.

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
-Mae West

#8 Caliban

rough beast

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

I do not define myself as exclusively Left-Hand Path, but I certainly don't omit this side of the work, so here goes.

As long as I have known about it, I've been interested. I began to actively dabble at around age 13.

I began getting serious about magic when I got my first tarot deck as a gift at age 16. Tarot is still what I am best at, and the only sort of magic I have ever practiced professionally is fortunetelling, which has a shabby rep that I don't think it entirely deserves.

*blunders around in the underbrush* There's a path? ;)

I am a magician. The magical world-view suits me best. I don't like to pin myself down to a particular discipline. I've practiced broadly. I like the scrubby bits around the edges of the big clearings. It's where one finds interesting things like lost keys.

As Voltaire famously observed, "If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him." I don't quibble, but neither do I buy the hype on any particular doctrinal view of Deity.

I work with spirits of many kinds, including a personal heptarchy that I discovered, or that introduced themselves to me when I hung out my shingle to see who showed up.

Because, being human, Humanism is a necessary approach for well-rounded self-realization.

Did I just contradict myself there? Good. Let's just say that I think that people make gods for a reason, and it is a human reason. What is God to a tree? To a cat? To a stone?

I like my bells and whistles, it's true. Simple workings I just close my eyes and lean on events. But when I want to play, I like a lot of props. I've talked about this in many places on this forum. I like my magic to look "occult".

Yes.

These vary. Some years I am moved to observe different occasions. I pay attention to lunar cycles, and to solstices & equinoxes.

Secular holidays like Thanksgiving can be just as important to me as religious ones.

"There is a crack, a crack through everything. That is how the light gets in." -- Leonard Cohen

#9 malah777

Depths of Silence..

• Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

A long ,long time ago .....but now i cannot call myself a LHP / i'm somewhere in between ..,depending on my mood ;)

-How long have you been interested/involved in the occult?
It runs in the family - i suppose some of the familiars attached to me in the day i was born .
take the occult seriously - let's say 25 years ago.

The old lost path ...mixing dark and light - trying to keep the balance. ( full of contradictions - but hey ,that's just me ! )

-If theistic, what deities/entities do you work with?
I'm in a good relationship with all of them :)
I work with spirits ,angels,demons....

Old system magic -prepare everything in advance - i am an extremely meticulous with the rituals.

Yes ,censoring boring irrelevant parts .
"Only those who have dared to let go can dare to reenter." - Meister Eckhart

#10 Tenebrae

• Old Timers
  • 446 posts
  • LocationI roam...

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

I have always held the core beliefs that I do to this day, though in my youth I had assumed them to be nothing more than childish fantasy. When I decided to delve into spirituality, I looked inward as opposed to out due to a firm belief that if I were to come to any sort of truth, it'd be by looking at an untainted source. I grew up in an agnostic family who didn't push their views upon me, what few they had at least.

Still, my skeptical nature never permitted me to place any significant amount of faith into what I came up. It was only after a rather vivid dream in which I was greeted by one whom held a visage and personality akin to how I view my inner self that I was able to do so. This being attempted to reveal to me what it was like to hold the psyche in which she herself possessed...invoke a remembrance in my own shattered memories before this existence, and it worked. Throughout the dream, I felt an overwhelming sense of kinship and understood the intelligent insanity that permeated her personality. When I awoke, I felt as though I was on the right path...and decided it was time to experiment.

I devised a simplistic meditation ritual in which would permit others to commune with what I believe to be my source. Afterwords, I then sought those who were adept at meditation, some in evoking spiritual beings whilst others have never done so. Each were given the ritual and a simplistic variation of my spiritual views...but never told the visage in which this being would appear, nor her psyche. Regardless, each returned to me and gave me their results...which surprised even me. Nearly all of them had encountered the same exact being, in both appearance and personality. Those whom hadn't, experienced a similar feeling and emotions that the others who had did...

Throughout the course of these experiments, there were three others I met who simply struck my fancy. These three weren't given the ritual, they were "simply" love interests. What struck me, however, is when I inquired about their spiritual beliefs...only find that they held the same exact views as I, including the vision of their inner being. It shouldn't have struck me so hard seeing as how they were greatly akin to myself in personality, though that may have been the reason why not a single one of those relationships worked out. Another ironic point to note is that one of these individuals had approached me three days after asking my source for another like myself.

Regardless, these experiments and encounters of kin had asserted my beliefs to a rather devout level. I still maintain an agnostic moral to heart, that only those whom have crossed over know what lies beyond death, but these are indeed the beliefs I hold and follow...my path.

For as far back as I can remember, I held an interest and was involved in the Occult...stemming back from when I was a youth standing in the midst of a large field whilst goating the four winds into displaying their power and granting me the torrential downpours and storms I adored so much.

My curiosity has continued, in what I'd call, my later years...though I prefer to obtain my information from the personal accounts and opinions of individuals, instead of through written work. I find this to be far more interesting than a combination of what a single individual, or select few, believe to be cannon for any given path.

Well, I've yet to sit down and delve into a, revised, written rendition of my spiritual views ever since coming to the assessment that some aspects should have indeed been included. Having decided not too long ago that this should be amended, I've been quite the procrastinator...up until now.

It's my belief that existence consists of four aspects of equal power, as much an energy source as they are deities. Around these unfathomable beings, existence tends to warp and twist...reflecting the psyche of the ancient tainting it. From this taint spawns realms of mirrored characteristics of their source, as well as various beings whom also harbor a similarity. Their views and opinions on how existence should be governed vary to as great a degree as their personalities, so one can easily postulate as to how these beings interact with one another...heh. Regardless of this, each are needed in order for existence to continue...without one, all is lost.

Each of these aspects have their own variation of what we would term "angels"...beings born purely of their essence as opposed to the effect upon existence, as would be the case with most others. These beings are an echo of their respective source, the core of their being identical in nature to that which they were born from. Individuality develops through their experience of being, minds deviating from their origin out of their own thoughts, interaction, emotional trials, so on and so forth...akin to any other being's development.

It's my hypothesis that these angelic entities, along with all manner of spiritual beings, have the ability to cross over into this realm at will, be it spiritual...or physical. In the non-corporeal sense, many of us can agree that this is quite a possibility...yet most are drilled time and time again with the concept that physically, these beings can't manifest themselves. These strange and bizarre creatures have never been reported roaming about within the flesh, so we all assume the claims to be truth...but in my eyes, there's a loophole.

Consider the notion that to manifest physically within this realm requires but one thing, a husk...an organic host devoid of a human soul. Let's presume, if you will, that there's a point during a child's development within the womb that a soul isn't present...that for a brief period of time it's an empty vessel. With this theory in mind, it isn't a far stretch to imagine that a being of great strength can bind itself to the newborn before a soul takes root. Even more likely when one considers demonic possession, surely if one can find themselves taken over by a foreign spirit, an empty body can easily be taken complete control of.

Now, this isn't to say that such an act isn't without repercussions...dire in my opinion. Imagine a being that is so much more than the physical, ascended from the time of it's very existence. Now, take that being and stuff it down into the confines of a mortal shell with the limitations of the human mind to constrict it's drastically alien personality. What I suspect would be a shattering of the original being, it's memories of existence before the physical no more than shadows amongst an ever confined spirit. As the child progresses through life, they are constantly struggling to regain what they have lost, to remember whom and what they truly are. Surely such a conflicted state of mind would render one with many quirks, to say the least.

So, why would said beings willingly torture themselves in such a manner? There's many possibilities to consider, all of which may hold true...or simply be the rantings of an unsound mind... Regardless, there's a chance that when one of these entities decides it's origin no longer holds true to it's personality...escape requires a transition point...or a fall from grace, so to speak. Another reason may be to simply experience this realm, to indulge in an overwhelming curiosity...something I consider all beings to have ample supply of. It's also likely that there's many other motives behind having an "agent" amongst the masses...performing various deeds or speaking the word of their origin...at least what they can remember of it.

Speaking of this realm, I might as well go a little in depth on how I view it's place amongst the mix. I see this world, and all around it, as a spillway for all four aspects. The point in which each border of influence presses against the others, mixing and churning into what we have here before us. The amount of any given essence varies from time to time, but each are ever present... All that resides within the physical is your gray point of existence...for all of you whom enjoy your color references.

Finally we've come to the portion of my rant in which I elaborate upon the four aspects I have been referring to for so...very...long. I'll list them each independently with a small bit on how I view their attributes, their psyche. Now, keep in mind that I don't believe these beings have names, despite being given many throughout the ages...so I list them via terms I associate best with their personality.

Order:
-Here we have the aspect in which I loath the most, a being who believes that oppression harbors the key to peace, and that those who don't adhere to it's vast set of restrictive rules are to be considered worthless and unworthy of existence. Though you have all probably noticed, I neglect utilizing the names of known deities...though I must admit that I do indeed believe this to be where the God fearing religions stem from... Catholicism utterly wreaks of this aspect beyond my ability to place into words, shocking I know.

Now, I do believe that some God fearing individuals follow the path of Light, despite devoting themselves to such an oppressive belief system. In my eyes, these individuals feel that the majority whom corrupted the written word of "God" simply didn't get it right, because they don't understand that the loving God they believe in is not that which they follow. The path of Light, and that of Order, somehow got combined into a twisted variation that uses Light to justify the atrocities of Order.

Chaos:
-Whilst Order hides behind it's so called good intentions, at least Chaos is honest about it's methodology. If you are strong enough to obtain that which you desire take it, thus is the moral of chaos. Violence and aggression are the attributes of this aspect, a warriors essence that cares for nothing but power and conquest. While most would deem this aspect as evil, as I had stated...at least it's honest and upfront about it's motives.

Light:
-Much to the dismay of myself, and that of another I met throughout my years, the path of Light has been twisted into what we believe to be an unwilling marriage to Order...not in a literal sense mind you, simply speaking of the justification of Order using Light, mentioned above. The path of Light is meant to be that of peace, the belief that all beings should be cherished despite their thoughts and opinions...that everything is part of a larger cycle of existence. For all of you whom follow the path of "God", yet dispute all the damnation...here's the path you missed and were truly meant to walk. Your "God" does exist, simply not in the form presented in the warped depiction by those of the mainstream God fearing religions.

Darkness:
-Lastly, we come to my source...that which I believe myself to be part of. Recently, I have come to adopt the term "Echo of the Abyss" when referring to myself, the latter term in that phrase utilized in reference to the aspect of Darkness, whilst the former refers to my belief mentioned above of not believing myself human in essence.

The Abyss, in my eyes, is feminine in persona...as beautiful as she is nightmarish in nature...the personification of manipulation, seduction, sadomasochism, and intelligent insanity...perfection in my eyes. She's an aspect who adores the corruption of others, to watch one willingly give themselves to their darkest desires...knowing full well that it's against everything they stand for. Bear in mind that this aspect abhors rape, believing that if one can not obtain what they desire through mental manipulation and seduction...they do not deserve the prize.

Intelligent insanity is a large part of this aspect, most of you possibly wondering as to what the hell I mean in regards to such a term. Well, I believe that when one possesses insanity, realizes, and then learns to control the negative aspects of this madness...they can then indulge in the positive attributes without the repercussions. Insanity is nothing more than warped perception...and when one see's things in a different manner, they may just find something that the majority could not even possibly begin to understand.

It's because of this insanity that the Abyss enjoys toying with other beings in a rather sadistically playful manner. However, when one attempts to imagine themselves as a being who's existed for all eternity and spawned through a means that they themselves may not even understand...insanity sounds quite appropriate and possibly the only thing deviating said being from a vast loathing of existence.

In conclusion, I don't believe that any of these aspects are all knowing...such an attribute would cause any being of sentience to devolve into an emotionless machine that exists without purpose. Imagine if you were to watch the same movie an infinite amount of times to the point that you knew every last line, you'd be so sick of it. Now imagine that it's the only thing you could ever watch...never being able to deviate your eyes, never being able to do anything you haven't already done or experienced through simply knowing it was going to happen. Your purpose for existence is now non-existent. Thus, I believe these aspects to have a greater foresight into what may transpire, but have no idea themselves as to how the future will unfold, which may even frighten them from time to time.

As for the "Gods and Goddesses" of other pantheons, I do indeed believe that they may exist...created from the influence of these four aspects on reality around them and simply more powerful than the other various beings spawned of this taint. These deities could follow one of the various four sources, or march to the beat of their own drum...either being entirely possible in combination to the chance of being nothing more than incarnations of the four aspects themselves...displaying alternate variations of themselves to various cultures for whatever the means may be.

Well, there you have it folks...my entire, in depth, rendition of my spiritual views done in a single night...on the fly. Before some attempt to pick apart my views and opinions, keep in mind that they are just that...my personal beliefs that may or may not coincide with your own. I am also fully aware that I, and those like me, may be nothing more than insane...but at least it's a shared delirium that we hold in common to keep us warm at night.

:)

I work with my own essence mostly, but considering I believe myself to be a part of what I deem the aspect of darkness, one could make claim that I work along with her. I would like to delve into more ritualistic practices in time, all geared around my respective source of course. For now, however, I work mainly with my own essence and abilities...inner power as opposed to tapping into an outer source.

Typically sleep projection, force of will, and other various methods akin to such. As stated above, I would like to delve a little more into ritualistic practices, but they must first be carefully planned, designed, and perfected before I have any desire to engage in such actions. Not out of fear, but due to my overwhelming personality trait of being a perfectionist.

No, but I do consider the New Moon, Solar Eclipses, and Lunar Eclipses to be particularly significant in correspondence with my source, but such is quite stereotypical in my eyes as well...seeming as how all three blanket the Earth in virtual darkness. Not quite sure how I feel about that, but the fact remains that those are times of power in my eyes...

Posted Image

Artwork by: http://kate.strolen.com

"What wondrously wicked webs we weave..." -Tenebrae

#11 Mobius_Null

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

- How did you come to find the path you're on? "It found me"
- How long have you been interested/involved in the occult? "I've been involved in magic in one form or another since 1979"
- What path do you follow? "My own path"
- If theistic, what deities/entities do you work with? "I work with any entity that'll work with me"
- If atheistic, why do you not work with deities/entities? "It all depends upon mood"
- What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.? "Using what works"
- Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path? "Yes ... Heb Sed ... among others"
*One man's God is another man's Devil*

#12 Nalyd Khezr Bey

AONOA

• Ex-mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

As Zos said, "It was the straying that found the path direct."

This is a difficult one to answer for me. Technically I could trace it back to being a kid having a general interest in the strange, particularly regarding ancient civilizations and a fascination with old Masonic regalia my grandmother had of which I never got straight answers about.B) But there was a long stretch of time through my teenage years where I dispensed with all of that and became rather atheistic and materialistic and eventually found myself involved in politics as though that really mattered.

Ironically it was those tendencies that initially brought me full circle right back into my childhood curiosities. I was never religious but I became actively interested in fringe religious politics which led me quickly to conspiracy theory, to Freemasonry (found answers to those questions I had about all those cool symbols), to Sufism, to Gurdjieff, to Theosophy and then to Crowley. This chain of interests was all within one summer in 1992 and that's actually a pretty general highlighting of what I was into.

The first actual book on "occultism" I acquired, in total ignorance really, was Hall's Secret Teachings of All Ages. That was possibly the best thing I could have started with because it is an essential reference work for studying the many strands of esoteric literature. But within a book by James Wasserman titled Art and Symbols of the Occult I first took note of Crowley. I may be one of the rare few who started studying Aleister Crowley before I read all the stuff that easily taints the man for most. I was never intimidated by his works. The first two books I acquired by him were The Book of the Law and The Book of Thoth both of which I thought sounded important. I first saw these titles in Wasserman's book.

It was only a short time later that someone handed me a copy of Wilson's Cosmic Trigger and that is what set me off. This was all back in 1993-94. In the autumn/winter of '94-'95 I had a series of spontaneous experiences due to illness that locked me into magickal exploration. Because of its mention in Cosmic Trigger I quickly acquired Kenneth Grant's Aleister Crowley and the Hidden God. So as you may see I did not start in my occult studies with anything "new agey". I went straight to the core but I didn't know that at the time. I just thought these were the right places to start. Had I started with a lot of what I see recommended these days, like Donald Kraig's Modern Magic for example, I would have dismissed all of it in disgust.

I also had my phase of Chaos Magick in the later 1990's. This was a necessary phase for me to investigate a lot of suspicions I had regarding the practice of Magick. It was Chaos Magick that made me practice what I had been only studying. Up until then I had only been into various forms of meditation.

Kenneth Grant's ideas have informed my thinking almost from the beginning even though I had not realized and understood his influence fully until about 4-5 years ago. Alright I better stop before I have "The Autobiography of Nalyd Khezr Bey" written.:D

I am aligned with the 23/93/696 Currents, the Zos-Kia and the Ordo Typhonia Occultus

I do not consider any of my practices to be theistic or atheistic. This categorization is unnecessary for me. What I'm working with can be translated in numerous ways but these translations are glamours. The experiences actually lie outside any logic or context.

n/a

Oneiric sorcery and sub-circuit questing

No

#13 Kuroyagi

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationCentral Europe

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

By birth- couldn't help it. (but I don't believe in re-incarnation now).

Explicitly since 2003 but I have been practising undercover before.

I don't know, I'm drunk.

I'm deistic and also a-theistic, so I both work with the entity model and also the scientific and philosophical one as it was introduced by the Greeks. I like Seth, Dionysos (obviously), Yemaya, The Deep Ones, Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, the Vanir and most water-, mother- and astral (stellar) and all primal and chaos gods. I basically like all gods, daemons and entities be they on a higher or lower plane or frequency. Only those who are not nice to me: I will poke out their eyes with my door-keys; that also pertains to all humans, btw. But I will still like them (for dinner).

To gain an advantage over them or make our conversations more interesting, to get another perspective; for truth and insight.

dream, imagination, pathworking, poetry, very sutble energy work, lightbody-trace-work, light trance and speculative philosophical ponderings; yet: going to extremes, ec-stasies, liminal states and beyond...

None, but I will kindly and enthusiastically participate in all of them. After all, for those poor people who have to work, holidays are a necessity.

#14 LonelyOne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

How did you come to find the path you're on?

Honestly, I sort of stumbled into it. A friend of mine gave me a book a few years back that really piqued my interest, and from there everything else is history.

How long have you been interested/involved in the occult?

Since as far back as I can remember, I've felt that there was more to what we saw around us than just what the mainstream religions had to offer.

What path do you follow?

I follow the Goetic path, though I have yet to actually attempt an evocation. I've been studying for years, and will wait until I am completely comfortable with my knowledge before I attempt anything.

That's about all there is to it. If there is more anyone would like to know, feel free to send me a message on here. I'm more than happy to converse with anyone and everyone. :rolleyes:
"He enjoys life -- as do all who are spared the curse of intelligence."

"The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination..."

H.P. Lovecraft

#15 Transcix

• Old Timers
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:34 AM

Namaste

As a result of my investigations into philosophy, spirituality, and occultism, my path is what naturally follows considering my innate predispositiosn (such as astrological archetype, etc.) combined with the identity I have made for myself. Of course in one sense the making of the identity and the actual finding of the path is interrelated to some extent... hmm, I suppose the answer is that I came to find my path through logic and wisdom; that is a different question than asking why I chose the path I chose.

I've only been interested/involved in spirituality/occultist for five year, but I've taken a blazing path that's for sure! :)

BTW to the OP, you do not mean to imply by this question that the LHP necessarily involves occultism to some degree beyond plain spirituality, do you?

You could say I'm on the razor's edge, but that wouldn't be totally accurate. Mine is a Zen-ish path, with a warrior spirit, and a focus on things like impeccability, recapitulation, immortality, and of course nobility (to fight the good fight). In my peewee days I was a "Setian Lightworker", but that didn't work out so well, lol!

I acknowledge that various deities exist, but personally I work with the impersonal Divine. Personally I call it Nothing, it is the perfect symbolic name (no negative connotations implied).

I have no need.

I have not much of a need for these either, however in times of difficulty I can always use the entheogenic experience to advantage, different things for different problems, it's very complex and technical! Of course, I should state--considering the sorry state of the drug culture today--that I use the entheogenic experience in no way whatsoever as a crutch, it is just a tool.

No.

#16 eshaum

• Old Timers
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:04 AM

A crystal sent to my mom when I was seven set the baseline of my story.

Since I knew of it's existence.

A mixture of physics-as-flesh, mixed with physics-as-subtleflesh with psi, archetypes, etc.. but sometimes a bottle of nails and piss does wonders.

I'd work with all of them if I had the time to learn about them and form lasting relationships... but.. Nyx has a place in my heart, as does Ix. Set and I have had a few work/ds.. Mama (the spherical one) too... but, in truth, I am a lover of the Sun.

Because they're all in the head, man!

walking.. lots, and lots of walking.

My Birthday should be considered Global. I've declared it as such, but no one aside from friends and family payed much attention, and these damned Catholics refuse to exchange "Gabriel" for "Joshua" as I told them they should.. however, they do celebrate the day, and I'm cool with that. (March 26th. Put it on your calendars!)

#17 Onyx

• Old Timers
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:32 PM

- How did you come to find the path you're on? I have been on it in many ways my whole life, it really came together in 2001.

- How long have you been interested/involved in the occult? There again, it has always been apart of my life, but came to full practicing focus '01.

- What path do you follow? A very interesting mix, so very much my own path.

- If theistic, what deities/entities do you work with? I work with a few, and the door is open to work with more, Isis likes to call to me at times.:o

- If atheistic, why do you not work with deities/entities? not sense I was 15, and there were none that I dealt with at the time, because I did not believe in any, just in the energy that makes us and the planet, I still very much feel that same way, but with added wisdom to it.

- What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.? I do daily rituals through Ceremonial magick, and Goetic works, I cast spells my way "Wicca" style(it is my own making). So a mix of things, that is skimming the surface.

- Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path? Kinda, I am not religious, but to stay with traditions and honor new ones for my family we do observe Pagan holidays, and do the x-mas thing so my family out side my home is happy(and my kids don't mind the gifts)

Only the educated are free. Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD)

#18 Will

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

First, I want to say how glad I am that I found this site. I work for a school system, and a lot of occult forum sites have been blocked from the network. This one hasn’t, so I can go here on my free time at work. I like that there is so much activity on this site, and I like the overall tone of the forum – mature yet relaxed. I look forward to many fruitful discussions here.

Here are my responses to the questions Saiege posed:

How did you come to find the path you're on?

I’ve known since I was a teenager that I didn’t share my parents’ Christian views. Until recently, that left me wandering through life with no sense of purpose. A couple years ago, my fascination with “Satanic” rock star Marilyn Manson led me to explore the occult, which led me to the Temple of Set. I was a member of the Temple for about a year, but I found the organizational and doctrinal structure confining and chose to continue on the LHP on my own. I have never regretted that decision.

How long have you been interested/involved in the occult?

As I said, only a couple of years. Looking back, I’m surprised that I’m such a newbie to the LHP, because it seems like something I should’ve been drawn to all along. Better late than never, I suppose. Because I’m so new, I’m not familiar with a lot of magical systems mentioned in this forum. But I look forward to exploring them as I see fit and keeping an open mind.

What path do you follow?

My approach to magic, to life, is that I alone control my destiny. I do not believe in, much less rely on, any metaphysical force to carry out my wishes. That said, I think that what matters is not so much whether such forces exist but that I’m able to incorporate the idea of them toward my own ends. Therefore I invoke Set during rituals and will continue to do so as long as I feel there is something to be gained from it.

Although I am an atheist, I intend to keep an open mind. I like to think that if there are, in fact, metaphysical forces that I contact, they will guide and assist me. To the extent that they do so, I am grateful.

What is your preference when it comes to methods of doing spells, rituals/rites, etc.?

The few rituals I’ve participated in thus far used the Temple framing device (ring the bell, light the Black Flame, say the invocation, etc.). I may use other framing devices as I come across them. During the ritual I focus on something I want to accomplish, and then I go make it happen.

Do you honor any holidays or celebrations in the year, in regards to your path?

Only in the past month or so have I come to see the significance of magic in terms of celebrating or honoring. In fact, I plan to use my next ritual to celebrate a milestone in my life – the purchase of my first home. I want the ritual to stamp in my brain the importance of recognizing accomplishments and using this recognition as a springboard to pursue future accomplishments. Beyond that, my approach to holidays is thus far pretty traditional. I enjoy them.

Again, I’m glad I found OccultCorpus, and I look forward to interacting with this diverse and fascinating group of magicians. I wish you well.
It's magic if it works.

#19 Torey

• Old Timers
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:51 AM

Hello to all - my name is Torey. For the mundane, I hail from Louisiana, USA. I am a father, artist and musician.

I began my journey as an initiated Wiccan, but soon became disenchanted and forged my own path (moving away from Neo-Paganism and further towards Ceremonial and Chaos Magic/k). I came to Theistic Satanism because of a profound spiritual experience during a Shamanic journey.

I have been a practicing magician and Occultist for nearly thirteen years. I have been interested in the Occult and Paganism since puberty. I suppose I would have been interested in the Occult and Paganism for about twenty years now.

Theistic Satanism and Goetic Demonolatry.

I work with Satan primarily, but I also work almost exclusively with the Goetic Spirits. I have had experience with the deity, Nergal, as well as other deities throughout my lifetime.

My rituals and spells tend to be impromptu. However, my structured rites are heavily ceremonial in nature (although always original creations).

Yes, but they are far too extensive to list as they occur almost daily. I honor a different Demon approximately every two to four days and I observe the seasonal rites to the Elemental Demons as well as to Satan. My Birthday is an important day for me as I recognize the God within Myself.

Posted Image

"Ihr seht nach oben, wenn ihr nach Erhebung verlangt. Und ich sehe hinab, weil ich erhoben bin." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

#20 corneliamarie

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

Hello all,

I never properly introduced myself. So I thought I'd take some time to do so. At this point, I am still involved with the LHP, but I don't label myself any longer.

I began at the age of thirteen (which seems to be pretty average around here I notice), first practicing Wicca. I got bored with Wicca by the time I hit 20. The interest didn't last long, however. I discovered Tezrian's Vault and Demonolatry.com in late 1997 but it was a passing fancy at that point. I was very intrigued though. So I kept going back, and in 1998, Demonolatry.com was officially opened. I was very confused about my beliefs and didn't follow any path. While I was pregnant with my son, I began to look into 'darker' paths. I dabbled a bit into Traditional Witchcraft, which isn't really dark at all, but it seemed like a logical stepping stone at that point. I believe my first contact with Adrianna from the OFS (formerly known as the FToD) was in 1999. I did more research into Demonolatry and started my journey into the Demonic Divine. Adrianna and I talked through email a bit, but I did not order the original Modern Demonolatry until shortly after my son was born in 2000. That's when I began my hardcore practice, leaning mostly on the magical aspects of Demonolatry. I began to take the Demonolatry University classes as well. I waited a year before I offically "dedicated" myself to Leviathan, my patron Demon. In June of 2001, I traveled to Colorado and got initiated and baptised into what was the FToD. Shortly after I was initiated and baptised, Demonolatry.com went back underground and I lost contact with Adrianna for awhile. I had a lot on my plate at the time anyway. I was going through a nasty divorce and custody case. I did contact Adrianna again I believe in 2002. I re-established my connection with the sect, now known as the OFS. In 2003, I went back to Colorado for my Adepthood ceremony. I studied, practiced and lived Demonolatry. In 2005, I made another trip out to Colorado and attained the Assisting Priesthood title. Titles were never important to me. I'm just telling my story as it went. So...in 2008, whilst considering the High Priesthood, all went awry and wrong. People thought bad things of me. I had a horrible argument with my now ex-friend and High Priestess, Adrianna. I removed myself from the sect. They never wanted me around in the first place, I was to learn. Now all of you probably can figure out who I am...I didn't initially want people to know who I am. Simply because, the sects and other Demonolators hate me and tend to spread rumors and libel me on the Net. If you want to know the complete story, feel free to PM me. I'll tell ya all MY side of the story. ;)

Since I was 13. Now I'm 30.

I'm not quite sure as of now. I sometimes label myself as Agnostic. But I lean towards the LHP and Demonolatry, but I do not want to be labeled a Demonolator any longer because of all of the ousting and horrible behaviors of the other Demonolators on the Net. I'm overgeneralizing, I don't think ALL of the Demonolators hate me, but word traveled quick and no one hardly trusts me anymore. At any rate, I have also studied and practiced Buddhism along with my LHP studies. But, it was mostly for the community of people and support network, not for spiritual purposes as much. I got reamed for my Buddhism kick too.

If I work with any deities, they are mostly Demons and/or the old gods.

I'm not ceremonial by any means. All of my rituals, spells and so forth are spontaneously created by my own mind. I do follow some scripts that I write, since my memory is horrible. I always go to the basics and do things traditionally, although I was accused by the OFS as not really being as "traditional" as they wanted me to be.

Since I've taken hiatus from Demonolatry, I have not practiced any holy day rites. But this may change. I always have observed the Solstices and Equinoxes. And of course, Samhain or The Rite to Eurynomous, Ba'al Berith and Babeal (the Demonolatry holy day). The Rites to Leviathan are always my favorites since he is my patron.

At this point, I'm really up in the air about my practices. So if anything seems contradictory, I apologize. At this point, I don't really know for sure where I'm going or what I'm doing next. But the Demons will always be of importance to me in my spiritual path.

CM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users