- - - - -

Djinn Names

43 replies to this topic

#1 shadowsyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:58 AM

hello i was lookin around and found only a few names for Djinn, i wish to summon a Djinn and was wondering if anyone here knows the names of any Djinn?

Thanks for any help.
Syn

#2 Sandalphon

Venerable Member

• Old Timers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:01 AM

Gilbert is one, I think

#3 Whispers

• Moderators
  • 949 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:32 AM

I apologize in advance if I am wrong, but your post seems the post of someone very young and without experience.

First Rule of Summoning - Never, NEver, NEVER, summon something that you are not sure you can banish. A Djinn is not a pet.

If you are lucky nothing will happen... if you're not someone else may have to clean up after you... and that is a sure way to piss off other magickians.

I am sorry if I sound too harsh.

Welcome to the forums.

#4 Qryztufre

Administrator

• Owner
  • 6,549 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:54 PM

Whispers said:

First Rule of Summoning - Never, NEver, NEVER, summon something that you are not sure you can banish. A Djinn is not a pet.

Never take anything out of the box you are not sure you can put back in...
My favorite is "never stick anything in your ear larger then your elbow"

In magick though, whatever way one wishes to say it, it's true.

If you can not control something do not deal with it, if you can not banish it, do not call on it. In many cases only bad things will come if one does such a things.

I'm by no stretch of the terms a 'great magickian" but I've been called to clean up after friends in need. One of the things I've had to shove back into the box was almost too big for me. The best I got was to cleanse the basement of the home only to get the driveway haunted, lol. I left it at that, as I was in no mood to have a battle of wills out in the public on a busy road. Now they have a dog with an aversion to pavement *snicker*

From the first post, I'll make no assumptions on the power of the individual, though, I will say from the looks of it, it does seem like they do want to summon something for the sake of summoning it. Most entities specialize in this or that aspect of the multiverse. Just wanting to summon something is generally not enough, as there generally has to be a need or at least a want (above just wanting to do it) to make things happen. So personally, I'd like a background or the whims/desires that would facilitate the need to call upon a Djinn. That way, alternatives could be had, or a specific Djinn could be given to best suit the need of such a summoning.

So, shadowsyn, why do you want/need to call upon a Djinn?

#5 malah777

Depths of Silence..

• Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:55 PM

First of all the Djinn are very powerful magical beings ,have a soul & a free will ,they can be good or Diabolical.
They can change appearance ,animal / human ( they can have horns,tail & fur ) ,Djinn live a very long time & increase in power as they age ,they can control weather ,elements have a natural ability to magic & far more powerful than a simple mortal !
They are very carfeul about allowing humans to know their true nature ,because we the mortals bind them to servitude.
To bind a Djinn u need a Sahir ( someone with knowledge ) a personal possessions ( from the Djinn ) , to create a Talisman ,u need to know the name of the Djinn .Keeping the Djinn in the Talisman is very dangerous ,he is not bound to u ,he is bound to the Talisman.
Djinn belong to tribes ,so again u need to know the name of the tribe ,the Diabolical ones are Shaitan,Ifrit & Ghul - use for them Rubys,Iron,Emeralds or Cat's Eye.
The good tribes - Jinn,Jann & Marid - use Jade ,Copper,Agate or Obsidian.
The form of the Talismans ,the best suited are - rings,scabbards,bags etc.

"Only those who have dared to let go can dare to reenter." - Meister Eckhart

#6 malah777

Depths of Silence..

• Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

btw - I forget to tell you the most important part ;)
if he frees himself from the Talisman (& he will do everything in his powers to free himself ;) )
,he can kill you without remorse ! ( old sayings ....)

#7 Scarlett_156

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:02 PM

There is some good advice posted here. I will not repeat what has already been stated above. (My favorite axiom about summoning is per HP Lovecraft: "Do not call up what ye can not easily put back down.")

If you check Liber 777 by A. Crowley there are a great many names of the hd'jinni in there.

You do not have to summon an entity per se to gain a better understanding of its nature. Through divination and scrying one can safely learn things about the hd'jinni and other classes of entities without running the risk of burning the house down. I hope this was helpful. yours in Chaos, Scarlett

#8 EtuMalku

• Old Timers
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

My favorite is Djinn & Tonic

#9 shadowsyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

i knew that someone would make that joke.

and i understand that the Djinn are not beings to mess around with, i am a demonolator which basicly means i worship demon of all areas and have studied alot. i am no great magian either but i'm only 22 and am working on becoming stronger. i wish to summon a Djinn for a few reason one being my health and the other knowledge. i wish to know their names to know them, and to some day summon them if i so need. those are my reasons, i would never summon a being without need and the neccesary knowledge to summon them and make sure they don't try and kill me or anything else.
anyway i have a friend who told me that the names of the goetia are also Djinn, made since, since the Goetia is a list of demons and the Djin are demons.

#10 Scarlett_156

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:08 PM

Then look at Liber 777. xoxo

#11 A Rogue Spirit

Hedge Witch & Phytotherapist

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

Links

UNITED PLANT SAVERS - I suggest anyone with a passion for the life given to us
and sustained by the Earth join and help fund plant sanctuaries
all around for endangered, at risked, and watched plants.

#12 A Rogue Spirit

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

Whispers said:

Just be carful I know a girl that tried to summon a demon and she was in the hospital with cuts she eventually claimed she gave herself to avoide punishment. So it did not end well for her in the end.

If you must take all of the extra precausions I don't want to hear that you got hurt.

Welcome. :)

A random comment: If you like to read fantasy I am currently reading a book about Magicians and demons. It is called the Bartimaeus trilogy, you may enjoy it.

Links

#13 journey

• Old Timers
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:45 AM

Not to be repetitive, but I advise the utmost caution. Such things will never give you what you really want, they will trick you, play with your head and leach you dry. I advise having assistants and guardians if you are set on going through with this, and don't keep it around any longer then is absolutly necessary.

Out of curiosity's... what knowledge do you seek? Perhaps there is another avenue of learning that can give you what your looking for?

#14 A Rogue Spirit

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

There is a site on the Goetia that has a list of all 72 major demons. If that helps. But on Djinn specifically I can find nothing. Once agian please be careful and Journey may be right. If you have anyother ways of doing what you are trying to do then I would do so, asuming it is less dangerous.

A Rogue Spirit

Links

#15 shadowsyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:32 AM

I know all 72 demons of the Goetia but thank you for the link, I also know of the Dukante hierarchy and many many more Demons and have worked with Demons for some time, I have so far only worked with the Ducante hierarchy.
Don't worry the demons have no need to harm me, i worship all demons and i have been told that the demons of the goetia may be hostile to cm's but not to a Demonolator. As long as you invoke them and not evoke them they are usually good and not don't wish to harm anyone.
i have heard of spells going wrong or completely backfiring, i known a friend who has had to banish a few beings some fools who had summoned some nasty entitys.

#16 Age of Frost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:43 AM

Wait, are you saying that the demons on the Goetia (such as Vassago and Zagan) are Djinn? Can someone explain that to me please. I was under the impression that the Goetia demons are demon princes.

And if thats the case, what exactly defines a demon as a Djinn?

Must have got some bad sources :)
Faith = Existance, Existance = Understanding, Understanding = Power. Thus we can conclude that Faith = Power.

Safety and peace all ~ Frost

#17 malah777

Depths of Silence..

• Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

Age Of Frost - the Goetia demons are demons ,so ur source is correct !
Goetic hierarchy - Kings ,Marquizes,Dukes,Prelates,Knights,Presidents,Princes.
btw- in Goetia the aerial spirits are partly good & partly evil

About the Djinn - they are spirits in asian mind eastern tales ,sometimes associated with succubi( female demons ).
doesn't matter how u call them ,djinn,demons,succubi,incubus,fallen angels ,unclean spirits ,so in other word they are all demons! :)

#18 Peregrine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

I am new to this forum. I joined after reading this thread concerning the summoning of Djinns. I have had first hand experience with one of these creatures, and nearly lost my life in the process. A most unsettleling experience! If I may be so bold to give you some advice... BEWARE! These beings are better left alone, especially the ancient ones!!

#19 A Rogue Spirit

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:51 PM

I have no other objections except causion. ;)

Links

#20 Scarlett_156

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

Instead of making a lot of effort to classify the hd'jinni (that is my generic term for all deific thought-forms that strive to influence humanity and the continuum, more about that in a second) we should be wary of any non-corporeal being.

All the words of caution given here are correct and it is well-advised to heed them.

To explain my terminology a bit more: Angels and demons are "deific thought forms". That is to say, they came from the collective mind/mind of God, and not from me. They were here when I arrived on the scene, I did not consciously create them unless it was in some previous state of mind which I have forgotten.

Deific thought forms are loosely categorized into two groups:

The angelim (angels) are those that will obey the collective mind/will of God, and only intervene in mundane affairs when specifically asked. They tend therefore to be relatively easy to recognize to someone with basic occult knowledge. (That does NOT mean, however, that they are easy to work with. Always use caution in dealing with the non-corporeal beings, regardless of what you may think they are.)

The hd'jinni (demons) are those deific thought forms that will intervene in mundane affairs for their own purposes. That is to say, they operate outside of the collective mind/God's will and go here and there, appearing in many guises, and doing whatever the hell they please.

The angelim will not necessarily always help you--whether they will or won't help depends on "what God wants".

The hd'jinni will not necessarily always harm you--whether they will or won't depends on their individual purpose and whether you are helping THEM or not.

The classifications of jinn in for example Liber 777 are culturally specific references. They are to help the magician who may know a particular h'djinn in one of its guises, but not another.

Again--always be cautious in your dealings with non-corporeal entities, regardless of what you think they are.

I hope this was helpful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users