- - - - -

Social Peeves of CM's

61 replies to this topic

#1 Common

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:16 AM

I live in a small community. However, somehow word has gotten out that I read occult books, visit sites like this one, and may even practice. You can call me paranoid, but I have a strong suspicion that the police, along with others, are watching me. For example, I went to the supermarket to buy my favorate type of tea and something told me to look at the price; it was marked 418 cents. On another very recent occasion, a customer a my former job brought his work order in. Out of curiousity, I looked at it. I was a little worried, I must admit, when part of it read something like "Thelma at 66 so and so street."

I am amused, amazed, and disgusted when I hear people mention my name along with things like Anhk when they think I cannot hear them.

Perhaps I should be more postive - these may be signs that there are others who feel as I do about ourselves. For example, coming home from the hospital a while ago, a young man was on a motorbike in front of me. He clenched his left hand into a first and held it straight towards the ground - similar to the "freedom" or "black power" movement of my parents age. His license plate had AA on it.

I suppose that I am frustrated at the fact that in reality, I am still in a self-imposed Probationer stage. I want to be FREE. As it was written, to drink of the cup of extasy.

Lately, I've been seeing the Moon and Sun for what they are - forgive me - i speak hurriedly - I see their mystery and Love.

I've just had it, and I thought that they should know it.

What are your annoyances?

#2 Fiat Lux

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:53 AM

"I" get pissed when people are assholes and I get pissed when they are narrow-minded.

"me" get annoyed really really bad to the point of insanity when people refuse to see reason and do whatever they are doing.

"myself" hate hypocrites.

"mine" am really put under stress when people do not take advice that is good for them but do stupid things instead.

Fiat Lux

P.S. I...Me...Myself...Mine...Fuck...
In Virtute Sunt Multi Ascensus - Cicero

#3 BrotherM

Banned

• Banned
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:06 AM

Common said:

You can call me paranoid, but I have a strong suspicion that the police, along with others, are watching me. etc.

What are your annoyances?

Hi Common,

Unsurprisingly, on other internet sites (such as this) at different times (before OC existed) there have been many paranoid people (like you) who think:

1) People (including the government) are watching them
2) Everybody is out to put in a mental hospital and then do experiments on them
3) The world is going to end
4) The forces of darkness are coming

We have heard it before, it never happens, get over it, happy new year!

My pet pieves are:

1) Occultists who think that the "Secrets" of occult are being with-held by secret orders and as such they cannot possibly progress or meet their full potential on their own

2) Minority groups who use the fact as an excuse to get what they want, "You are only saying that because I am <Black, a woman etc>"

3) People on social wellfare who are actually able to work but are just too bloody lazy

4) People who can't control their own dogs / children

5) "Single mum's" who pop out kids to get state benefits that they spend on smokes and booz

6) Old people that shop on weekends (why don't you take your walker and shop during the week while the rest of us are at work?)

7) "Witches" who want to go back in time and stop the "Witch-hunts"

8) Christians that love to preach and convert and can't accept a different perspective (No, really, Jonah wasn't eaten by a big fish you idiots)

9) People who support creationism and intelligent falling (my god)

10) etc

MOE

#4 Alexander

Founder

• Founder
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

"Unsurprisingly, on other internet sites (such as this) at different times (before OC existed) there have been many paranoid people (like you) who think:

1) People (including the government) are watching them
2) Everybody is out to put in a mental hospital and then do experiments on them
3) The world is going to end <<<<<<<<<<
4) The forces of darkness are coming

We have heard it before, it never happens, get over it, happy new year!"
quote from Brother M

>>>>> Actualy the world is going to end, the only question is when. Stephen Hawking says so and that is good enough for me ;)

Some possibilities are.....The Mayan calendar stops in 2012.
A meteorite will pass close to the earth in 2029. The same meteorite will pass even closer in 2036, actualy at a lower altitude than communication satelite orbits ( that is my favorite, if that is the correct term ) For those of you that demand exact dates it is April 13 I believe.
Of course Israel and Iran could have a nuclear blow up any time.
It will happen, just pick your time and place.
Happy New year !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" It makes absolutely no difference
what people think of you."
Rumi, 'We Are Three', Mathnawi VI, 831-845

"Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life. "
Buddha

The avatar you see is a photo of the stone Celtic cross at The Iona Abbey on the isle of Iona Scotland. It has stood for over 1,200 years.

#5 Sauriel

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:06 PM

My annoyances practice wise are mainly two.
1. People who go out of their way to interupt me when they know what I am doing. [Happened a lot in the past, not much now.]
2. People who upon finding out what I practice start demanding that I do spells for them.
I have no real problem with people connecting me to the occult, since the occult is my life, though it can get a bit annoying when they expect you to do hollywood style magick.

As for other prime annoyances.
1.Hypocrites top the list. I try to have no dealings whatsoever with these people.
2.Occultists who try to impress others with their supreme powers. {One comes to mind who threatened to channel Merlin and blast me back into the stone age if I didn't stop teaching his daughter magick.]
3. Fanatics of any doctrine. [Once I know this about a person I will cease contact with them.]
4.People who harm animals for fun.[I have no problem with hunting for food, but harming another living being just for pleasure sickens me.]
5.People who are unwilling to accept that their view of the world may not be the only true way to see the world. [These people are everywhere and it bugs me to no end when they try to force their reality unto mine.]

If you want paranoia try being me, every piece of mail I receive has been ripped open and resealed and anything that might be considered odd at all [such as incense] is missing. At least in my case I think I know why this is happening.
"Ignore the idiotic ramblings of this one". So says the disenchanted fluff bunny.
I desire to drown while embracing the moon.

#6 fr.novumorganum

hermit in my own head

• Gold Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:26 PM

relating everrything in one's life is a vow for those at the master of the temple degree or above....

so although that magickal induced paranoia is one of the tolls one has to pay on the path to the abyss, engaging in it any time earlier is not a good idea, much like doing blow or meth for several days straight is not a very good idea and leads to the same kind of delusions.

take a break for a few days from your magickal work and reading, get some distance from it, let the world come back into perspective

oh, and read cosmic trigger that's my most serious advice

he snatched the lightning from the skies and the sceptre from the tyrants

#7 BrotherM

Banned

• Banned
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:53 AM

Alexander said:

">>>>> Actualy the world is going to end, the only question is when. Stephen Hawking says so and that is good enough for me ;)

Some possibilities are.....The Mayan calendar stops in 2012.
A meteorite will pass close to the earth in 2029. The same meteorite will pass even closer in 2036, actualy at a lower altitude than communication satelite orbits ( that is my favorite, if that is the correct term ) For those of you that demand exact dates it is April 13 I believe.
Of course Israel and Iran could have a nuclear blow up any time.
It will happen, just pick your time and place.
Happy New year !

So when it happens, give me a call and I'll bow down to you and the cripple. Actually, I am willing to put large amounts of money on any of the dates above that nothing bad or "end of worldish" will happen, let's say $100K per date.

MOE

#8 Adrian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:13 AM

I don't really get peeved by things I expect, and I expect most annoyances out of most people. I'd get angry if someone did something that demanded decisive action i.e. charge at me with a spear, but that doesn't happen often. I passively avoid anyone who would be a waste of my time and let them do their thing.

As for being watched... I don't know whether the government is keeping anything underground, but even if they are I hardly think I've done anything of interest. Perhaps someday a frothing psychopath will single me out for holy smiting. *shrug*

#9 zcree

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:29 AM

.... Big Brother is watching you :) "who gives a crap" .... there is no Globle Warming, again "who gives a crap" the World will be Nuked before that happen's, even if it was real :D .... "World Peace" is bull crap, "only the dead will see the end of War" re: Plato ... "eat, drink and be merry" the sky is falling :eek: but "who give's a crap" ;) "what me worry" ... take care, be safe >>> Don :cool:

#10 Nado

• Old Timers
  • 491 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:48 AM

Hmmm????

I had to go up to the top of this post to remember what it was about. hahaha

Anyway my peeves:

a. People who find out your pagan and say "owww so you worship the devil" hahaha

b. Teenie Bopper Pagans

c. Love Spells

d. People who wear big "fuck off" pents

e. Anyone who has read anything by Fiona Horn and then expects people to take them seriously (also see item ;)
Think, analyse and act, never react and you will be free.

#11 Grab

• Old Timers
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:51 PM

BrotherM said:

So when it happens, give me a call and I'll bow down to you and the cripple. Actually, I am willing to put large amounts of money on any of the dates above that nothing bad or "end of worldish" will happen, let's say $100K per date.

If the world doesn't end, you win $100K and if the world ends, you won't have to pay. Perfect deal. ;)

#12 Alexander

Founder

• Founder
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:52 PM

So when it happens, give me a call and I'll bow down to you and the cripple. Actually, I am willing to put large amounts of money on any of the dates above that nothing bad or "end of worldish" will happen, let's say $100K per date. quote from Brother M

Betting on the end of times date would be in very bad taste, would it not be ? :confused:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" It makes absolutely no difference
what people think of you."
Rumi, 'We Are Three', Mathnawi VI, 831-845

"Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life. "
Buddha

The avatar you see is a photo of the stone Celtic cross at The Iona Abbey on the isle of Iona Scotland. It has stood for over 1,200 years.

#13 BrotherM

Banned

• Banned
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:13 PM

Alexander said:

Betting on the end of times date would be in very bad taste, would it not be ? :confused:

Why? doom-mungering and linked paranoia should have a personal cost linked to it to discourage those associated!

Grab - thanks for nuking my arbitrage opportunities man, some friend you are!

MOE

#14 Alarum

• Old Timers
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

The world ended a long time ago, 'reality' these days is just a bizarre consensual illusion, created by an orbiting space ship that arrived 900 years ago. The Empire Never Ended.
Don't you people read?

Hmm... I'd say I hate attention freaks, people that love themselves too much, ignorance and stupid people.
In magic circles, I just generally dont like the people that think they're the physical manifestation of Gods or spirits, Otherkin, Biblebashers or fluffy teen wannabe's.

Posted Image

Dance like you're stamping on a human face forever, love like you've been in a serious car crash that minced the front of your brain, stab like no one can arrest you, and live like there's no such thing as God.

#15 Echoes

Storyteller

• Webmaster
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:46 AM

Nado said:

Hmmm????

I had to go up to the top of this post to remember what it was about. hahaha

Anyway my peeves:

a. People who find out your pagan and say "owww so you worship the devil" hahaha...

I can beat that, I once had someone tell me, 'Ah, your pagan, so, you worship the devil through sex and masochism.'

Posted Image

#16 Nado

• Old Timers
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

the_wanderer said:

I can beat that, I once had someone tell me, 'Ah, your pagan, so, you worship the devil through sex and masochism.'

Well that's definitely a new one. After you stopped laughing how did you respond
Think, analyse and act, never react and you will be free.

#17 Frater SI

• Old Timers
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:43 AM

I used to love those Kids one OF "Tell Me how to Summon Demons" Now! I don't Need no stupid Circles and Jesus names just tell me how! NOW! I am sure some of them landed up eaten or possessed or dragged of into the night :eek: and wasn't there one who was convinced him and his dog where possessed ? 2 funny! apart from that your fundie Jesus types and arrogant types are fun and being woken up by the J Witness types at 7 on a Sunday! I need to put up that Jehovah Witnesses will be shot sign .. *Grin*. I have worn a pentacle once or twice and got the "I didn't know you where Jewish" or the Isn't that Satanic ! I normally reply yes I am a Jewish Satanist and this is my pet goat Blackburn ! :)
http://www.evocationmagic.com
The Forum Dedicated to Enochian And Magical Evocation

#18 Isaac

Board Member

• Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:13 PM

heh,Jewish Satanist,lol
I'd hate attenion seekers,but unfortunatly i am,so i hate myself(no,i'm not too bad)
2 People in School think that i am sorta of Satanist(i love the seven star thing,even though thats something else)
I Rather hate religion,its extremley confining(Heh,I am a Pisces,what can ye say)

but main people i hate are thos "New Age Psychic Tarot Readers" and people who think your insane becasue you practice Magick

And the fundamentalist who in articles agasin't Pokemon,Harry Potter etc;and always do the same thing and quote the *CURSEMANIA* Bible for why everyone shouldn't play/watch/read this/that etc.For 1.We're not all Chrisitan are we and 2.Becasue thats like A Farmer saying to a Resercher to milk his comptuer through the usb cable etc

#19 Lost in Translation

Member 23

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:08 PM

What I'm about to say is based only on many (not all) of the CM's that I actually know, so please don't take offense as none is meant to the many here. Some of the CM's I've met are absolutely wonderful people.

My biggest pet peeve is the "holier than thou" attitude that I experienced from many of them. Don't worry, I've experienced this attitude from other paths as well, so it's not just CM's. Unfortunately, those that fell into this particular category were, well, annoying as hell. So set in their own ways and so sure that they are the only ones that knew anything about the world, magic, practice, the universe (the list could go on until the end of THIS year), it just completely turned me off to CM for a long while. A certain goatman got me to take a look at Mr. Crowley to start a long time ago, though, so not all was lost. I still run into the occasional "supreme being", but they are becoming fewer and further between since I've come to know those that don't fit into the annoying category.
WARNING: Use of this product may have unintended side effects such as nausea, headache, pain in joints or limbs, sudden rise in blood pressure, unexplained opening of the mind, uncontrollable speaking in tongues, distinct urges to smack someone, and possession by the Prince of Darkness.

C DM :ninja: ? DM RNT :ninja: . S M R. C D ET BT I'S.

#20 Fiber

The Magic Masochist

• Ex-mods
  • 431 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:20 AM

Peeves... i've got plenty of those... i'll stick to the relevent ones...

1. I'm with LIT on the "holier than thou" thing... i've noticed that it's in all paths, but i seem to find it most frequent in the CM world.

2. "You can't do that! Threefold law!"

3. Pents that put Mr. T to shame

4. "spooky kid" n00bs.

5. Along the same lines as the "spooky kid" n00bs... just anyone who wants to claim the title without doing the work... "I have a witch book at home. I read it. I am totally a witch."

6. "You practice magic, huh? So you're a wiccan!"

7. The folks who can't make up their mind... "It's not real, moron!" vs. "It's the DEVIL!" Seriously... WTF.

8. Everybody hates fundies. But what about the overzealous atheists?

9. The "tweak" n00bs... they no sooner learn to read Tarot, get some basic knowledge of magic, and all of a sudden...GRAND CONSPIRACY! Demons are after them all over the place, they're being cursed by so-and-so, etc. etc.

In magic circles, I just generally dont like the people that think they're the physical manifestation of Gods or spirits, Otherkin, Biblebashers or fluffy teen wannabe's.

Agreed wholeheartedly! "I'm a half fairy elf mage with unicorn ancestry and astral butterfly wings!" I've met "the goddess" at least twice. Met two angels... one which was an atheist (somehow...?) and a guy who carried a copy of the Kybalion in one hand and Miriam Webster's rhyming dictionary in the other. He wore a rainbow turban and refused to speak without rhyming.

[EDIT:] P.S. > I do remember the "i am possessed and so is my dog" kid... wow... memory lane! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users