Satanism Faq

28 replies to this topic

#1 Satanic One

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:02 AM

What is Satanism?
Satanism is a religious philosophy where one shows admiration and/or worship to an archetype/entity know as Satan.

Who is Satan?
Satan is an entity or archtype who is worshiped by satanist or used as a symbol of the self and egotism.

Is Satanism EVIL?
Depends too much on one's own personal definition and which form of satanism they are describing. In general however Satanism is just as evil as any other religion(with the exception of buddism). Jews, Christians, Islamics, and Mormons alone can show how evil religions can get but one must understand few religions are fundamentally "evil". It's the people who commit such crimes that should be recognized not what they believed.

What is LaVey Satanism?
LaVey Satanism is a form of Satanism founded by Anton Szandor LaVey where on worships themselves(Suitheism) rather than submission to an external diety which is seen as a sign of intellectual weakness. Fundamental individualism plays a crucial role as one must find his/her own self in life and reject heard conformity.

Who is Anton Szandor LaVey?
Born April 11th 1930, Anton LaVey was the original founder of the Church of Satan and the LaVey branch of Satanism. An accomplished Magus and hedonist, it is his person beliefs and philosphy which is deeply rooted within LaVeyan Satanism. He is most notable for writing "The Satanic Bible" which is the most well known of satanic writings.

What is Diabolatry?
Also known as Theistic Satanism, Diabolatry is a form of Satanism which recconizes Satan as an actual entity as described in Judiam, Christianity, and Islam or in some abstract interpretation. Diabolatry has no centralization, dogma, or anything of the sort thus there is nothing more that needs to be said.

What is Demonolatry?
A term originally used by witch hunters during the inquisition, Demonolatry is the worship of Demons which has apparently existed for generations just not under the name Demonolatry. The polytheistic religion itself was founded by a man named Richard Dukante' who was a generational demonolator that helped bring demon worship into daylight. Demons here are only seen as forms of energy with Satan being the source of them all thus some demonators see the term "demon worship" as incorrect as few demonators actually worship demons but do give respect and admiration to them.

Who is Richard Dukante'
Born on 1931, Richard Dukante' was a generational demonlator who first established what was know as the Shadow Guild of Demonolators. He provided much information to the demonolatry community saying that he would assend to the demonic plane where Satan would give him brief but numerous tours to various demons who he would write detailed descriptions of. It was from these discriptions that the Dukante' Heirarchy of demons was established. Dukante' himself was unfortunately seen as lunatic by most of the occult community at his time and is mostly unknown today. Dukante' wrote some 25 books on demonolatry(known as the dukante' grimores) but remains unpublished in the hands of his daughter Selinda Dukante'.

What is Luciferianism?
Luciferianism is an esoteric religous thought which centers around the diety know as Lucifer. Followers tend to look for enlightenment in life seeing Lucifer as a principle of said enlightenment. Little more can be said as there is no centralization, dogma, ect.

What is Sat/Tanism?
Coming as soon as I recieved the docturines.

Not bad for a first draft but this should do for now. I'll add more as I think of it.
When in doubt, consult your penal gland

#2 Kain

Founder

• Founder
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:32 PM

Very nice overview Satanic One! Very clean...I am going to sticky this if you don't mind, as it doesn't make much sense having a non-stickied FAQ around.

Kain
Posted Image

#3 Satanic One

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:52 PM

Eh I felt this was needed for any dabblers that ends up on this board. Thanx for the sticky.

#4 m1thr0s

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:06 AM

I'd like to recommend that any generalized FAQ Sticky should allow for different members points of view in some fashion: while I respect the statement:

Satanism is a religious philosophy where one shows admiration and/or worship to an archetype/entity know as Satan.
it does NOT represent the whole range of Satanic thought...any casual perusal of any of the main Satanic sites should be adequate to demonstrate this. Satanism is perfectly capable of being a "spiritual" affiliation without being a "religious" one and can also stand as a "philosophical" position on its own merits without recourse to either religion or spirituality (see: autotheism)... Furthermore, to many, the "archetype" or "entity" of Satan is a Xian boogeyman and betrays the Principle of Satan as an innate force/intelligence of Nature etc... Principles needn't find expression as archetypes & entities necessarily. The Satan "within" needn't correspond to any Satan "without" etc...There are many forms and facets to Satanism. It's not all that difficult to structure things to allow for this range of diversity.

m1thr0s
Posted Image

#5 Kain

Founder

• Founder
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:49 PM

Certainly so, and no one person's (or group's) opinion is an umbrella statement for all other practitioners in the field. This is most certainly true for all fields of the occult but even more so in the field of Satanism, where diversity and differences in theory and application between practitioners are especially abundant.

So it certainly does and the points of view of all other members knowledgable to the subject are most welcome here.

Kain
Posted Image

#6 Satanic One

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:21 PM

Eh nobodies perfect, any opinions would appreciated as this is still in the draft stages. As toward the comment of Satan the force of nature I'll speak of the definition of Archetype:
1. a stereotype—personality type observed multiple times, especially an oversimplification of such a type; or
2. an epitome—personality type exemplifed, especially the "greatest" such example.

Calling Satan a force of nature actually does fit in with this discription as an archetype doesn't need to actually exist but can be used as a principle of thought. In this case Satan is personified as a force of nature hence the use of the word archetype seem suiting. Thanx for the imput.

Edit: It seems the edit button on my original post has disapeared, what happened?

#7 Kain

Founder

• Founder
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:45 PM

Satanic One said:

Edit: It seems the edit button on my original post has disapeared, what happened?
I have no idea Satanic One. If it persists PM me and we'll see what we can do.

Kain
Posted Image

#8 m1thr0s

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:23 PM

As toward the comment of Satan the force of nature I'll speak of the definition of Archetype:
1. a stereotype—personality type observed multiple times, especially an oversimplification of such a type; or
2. an epitome—personality type exemplifed, especially the "greatest" such example.
Both of these definitions refer to a "personality type"...what I am saying is that this does not apply to all Satanic thought. The Satanic Principle does not amount to a "personality type" of any kind for many Satanists. But it's ok to hold that view...I'm not contesting that at all...

Consider the Sat-Tan take on Satan for instance...very old concept goes back through the Vedas...the word itself derived from Sanskrit...way older than Xianity...defining a Principle of "Darkness in Extension" (to paraphrase)...also Intelligent...but no "personality type". This Sat-Tan principle has transformative potential affecting ALL Satanic thought in general. I am not saying anyone should agree with it necessarily, but I am saying it classes under modern Satanic thought and has many things of interest to contribute to Satanism as a global development etc...

It opens up the whole idea of "Tantric Satanism" for instance...something far beyond what LaVey was even capable of envisioning, just based upon his writings, yet not altogether beyond his grasp as he often did refer to the Satanic Principle in universal sorts of ways...Satanism is the fastest evolving philosphy on the planet right now...it's been holed up for so long it is aching to bust loose and no one school is going to be able to contain it all...it's moving too fast for that. To stay abreast of it, we must develop the habit of emphasizing diversity itself at the level of defined properties...

So these (above) definitions are a great start...let's look at a few others as well...

m1thr0s
Posted Image

#9 Satanic One

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:58 AM

What your refering to is an unconsious manifestation, yeah that's very tantric alright. I agree with you there, I lack knowledge of Sat-tanism mostly because I haven't recieved all the doctrines(only have one "Real Wicca"). Truth be told there isn't any real limits in satanic thought. I would be editing my original post right now if I could(there's a limit for some reason on editting). It isn't satan as if I recall Sat-tanism only has the title of satanism because it's the western influence(well that's what Tani said anyway) but ofcourse that's what the tantric left hand path or vamachara has been for the ages. Man we need more people for this discussion preferably intelectuals like ourselves.

#10 m1thr0s

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:35 AM

I'm not sure what's up with your edit function Satanic One but I'm an Admin on my own vBulletin board and I suspect there is something going on with your permissions settings. Something may have slipped out of sync or something. I still have editing on my posts. There is also the possibility that making it a sticky bumped it up to a higher permissions level...do you have the edit function on subsequent posts? If it's just the first one it may be that you are not authorized to edit a sticky. Contact one of the Admins on this board...they should be able to sort it out for you. Moderators may not be able to fix this.

I need to crack a few resources to be sure of this, but my impression is that we are on pretty safe ground to approach a general definition of Satanism built upon a sort of "infernal triangle". At one point we have Theistic Satanism and its branches...At another we have Atheistic Satanism and its off-shoots...At the third point we have Autotheistic Satanism and its variations. In reality, very few people stand exclusively just at one point or another so that's where it starts to get tricky, but in general, I think this "infernal triangle" is pretty strong and will hold up under a lot of scrutiny. Autotheism and Suitheism are close enough in proximity to share the same coordinate point I think. Technically, any Autotheist who allows for the freedom of others to be their own Deity is a Suitheist...but this is all hair-splitting in practical application.

m1thr0s
Posted Image

#11 Satanic One

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:49 PM

O.K. in it's most basic sense we have
Inner Deity: Seeing the self as Satan/God , that's from hermetism
Unconscisous: The universe is Satan/God, that's from tantra
Deity: Satan the being/Archetype , that's from many

From what I can sumize those three discriptions cover most of what can be said about "Satan". The religion itself can be practiced as one pleases as one of Satanism's unique qualities is the freedom to do anything, few things are set as there isn't any orthodox teachings. That's also how it should be.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that I've just received ALL of the Sat-tanic dark doctrines. As soon as I finish all of this reading I'll post my findings and will try to make a complete faq. The only complication is Setians, I don't know whether or not to include them since they're basicly a magical order which broke of from the church of satan and well set and satan are two different gods from the looks of it. I better look over what I have on them as well(I know a guy on the inside). Opinions welcomed.

#12 m1thr0s

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:31 AM

Setianism classes as "protosatanism" so far as I am concerned. Anything that draws to what is typically called the Satanic "Force", "Principle" or "Archetype" that actually predates Satan as a construct would also come under this heading in my view. But you have to bear in mind that Satanism is not limited to "Satan", the archetype. LaVey made this point many times over. "It" has been called by many names etc...

Setians may feel differently in their fervor to distinguish themselves from Satanism but their arguments are not really very compelling. We can perhaps agree that they are not "LaVeyan" Satanists and also acknowledge that they have no vested interest in the archetype called Satan. At a philosophical level, they are still linked to Satanism nevertheless. "A rose by any other name is still a rose", essentially...it's a rhetorical distinction mostly, but we do owe them recognition of the fact that Set predates Satan, historically...in form only. So does Iblis, Samael, Ningishzida and many others. As Satanism evolves we will see a lot more protosatanic influence hedging its way forward. It's one of the really interesting developments in Satanic thought overall...We might say, Satan is getting older by the minute...

m1thr0s
Posted Image

#13 KaosElemental

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:49 PM

Satanic One,
in your opinion were do christians get or come up with all this stupid concepts of animal & human sacrifice?

Sounds farfetched but they spread this lies & things like "oh the shelters have to hide black cats on Halloween cuz satanists use them for sacrifice" etc etc.......

Thanx in advance for the reply

#14 Alarum

• Old Timers
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:54 PM

Its scary stuff, and scary stuff diswades people from looking further into a subject and reinforces barriers in belief structures. Us Vs Them and all that shizzel. Christians use it as propoganda, and stupid/dim people accept it. Its sad really that they have to resort to that to scare people into following their personal brand of bullshit, but hey, thats humanity for you. What matters is that you know its not true.

Posted Image

Dance like you're stamping on a human face forever, love like you've been in a serious car crash that minced the front of your brain, stab like no one can arrest you, and live like there's no such thing as God.

#15 Satanic One

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:59 PM

KaosElemental said:

Satanic One,
in your opinion were do christians get or come up with all this stupid concepts of animal & human sacrifice?

Sounds farfetched but they spread this lies & things like "oh the shelters have to hide black cats on Halloween cuz satanists use them for sacrifice" etc etc.......

They think evil and using their own twisted fantasies think of what evil people would do. It makes you wonder how evil do you have to be to make up that stuff in the first place. Most christians are morons that's a given especially considering all the rape, genocide, & sacrifices in the bible which they never read. I let the fools think what they want, let them fear me. It only shows how much control I have over them.

#16 sen

hollow king

• Moderators
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:34 PM

Satanic One said:

They think evil and using their own twisted fantasies think of what evil people would do. It makes you wonder how evil do you have to be to make up that stuff in the first place. Most christians are morons that's a given especially considering all the rape, genocide, & sacrifices in the bible which they never read. I let the fools think what they want, let them fear me. It only shows how much control I have over them.
If you read the Bible, you see "holy" people sacrificing people and animals to God. There are very specific details on how to (for example) sacrifice a dove to God - it involves twisting off its head so the blood doesn't go slashing everywhere, and then burning the body after the blood has been drained.

It's strange that Christians accuse others of human and animal sacrifice when those things come from their religion. ☆

i love being god; it's my favourite hobby

#17 Alarum

• Old Timers
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:52 PM

Don't you just love hypocracy? But seriously, I'm beyond caring about them. I have my beliefs, they have theirs. I know which side is the best.

Posted Image

Dance like you're stamping on a human face forever, love like you've been in a serious car crash that minced the front of your brain, stab like no one can arrest you, and live like there's no such thing as God.

#18 Skeptismo118

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:02 PM

KaosElemental said:

Satanic One,

Look into the Sociological phenomena known as "demonology" (as distinct from the occult use of the term. It's a pretty common human case of imagining and projecting an "Other."

#19 Skeptismo118

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:05 PM

m1thr0s said:

Setians may feel differently in their fervor to distinguish themselves from Satanism but their arguments are not really very compelling.

I'd suggest that "fervor" is a mischaracterization.

Also I think

http://www.xeper.org...g_satanism.html

was a pretty compelling "So long and thanks for all the fish." He even left a decent parting prize for the field with

http://www.chaosmatr...s/whatsatn.html

#20 KaosElemental

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:21 PM

Satanic One said:

*grins* Yeah I never thought about that , really, how true :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users